Brother AACOOLDRE : A Short Bibliography on Jesus

Saying God picked David to be king is like saying god picked Obama over McCain.

Exactly! Nothing happens outside the will of God .

Good David and Bad David

Of course there was a "good David and bad David".
There is good and bad in all of us, David was no different.
What the bible means by saying David is " a man after God's heart" is not that he was perfect ,but rather that when David realized he sinned he truly was remorseful ,he deeply repented to God and he tried his best not to commit the same mistake.

In the Spirit of Sankofa!

Anyone who would like to point out errors please do so

AACOOLDRE,

For starters, I do take exception with this: School: Jewish theology/ Egyptian Mystery System @ Mt Carmel lodge

Mount Carmel is a mountain range outside of Israel, and is referenced most often as a symbol of beauty and fertility. Depending on how far we get with this, there are many other concerns.

In the Spirit of Sankofa!

I would invite you to read the first online chapter of Gary Greenberg's new book on King David. You can google his name for his website. Now he killed many of Saul's line I dont know if every single one was killed. Saying God picked David to be king is like saying god picked Obama over McCain.

Greenberg asserts:

READ CHAPTER ONE

Good David and Bad David

But the word of the Lord came to me [i.e., David], saying,
Thou hast shed blood abundantly, and hast made great wars:
thou shalt not build an house unto my name, because thou hast shed
much blood upon the earth in my sight. (1 Chronicles 22:8.)

Modern impressions of King David depict him as a young boy of unsurpassed courage, a pious and humble man who triumphed over many adversities, a goodly king whose heart was with the Lord and compared to whom all other monarchs fall short. He is portrayed as the progenitor of a dynasty that would one day rule over the kingdom of God on earth. Many see in him history’s first renaissance man: a poet of uncommon wit and intelligence, a musician of national renown, a diplomat of consummate skill, a politician of great wisdom, a brilliant military strategist, a master of martial weapons, a theologian who defined the basics of Jewish thought, and an inventor of many of the Old Testament’s religious practices and institutions. These views have a long pedigree.
Following strict biblical chronology, King David came to the throne at about 1061 b.c., but the biblical data presents many problems, including textual contradictions and problematic synchronization with the dates of known events from non-biblical records. Most scholars propose moving the start of his reign forward about fifty or sixty years, somewhere between about 1010 and 1000 b.c.

David’s predecessor on the throne was Saul, the first king of Israel, and David’s successor was Solomon, his son. By convention, biblical scholars refer to the period from Saul through Solomon as the United Monarchy. It is usually thought of as ancient Israel’s golden age and the three kings, according to the biblical chronology, had a combined reign of about one century.

David and Saul came from different families and rival political entities that shared territorial borders, Saul from the tribe of Benjamin and David from the tribe of Judah. When David succeeded to the throne, he founded a family dynasty that lasted over four hundred years, perhaps longer than any other known royal family. Although David’s kingdom split in two after the death of Solomon, Israel in the north and Judah in the south (mirroring the earlier political divisions between Saul and David), his descendants on the throne of Judah outlasted the more popular and prosperous northern kingdom by almost one hundred and fifty years.

His dynasty ended in 587 b.c. when Babylon captured the Judaean capitol of Jerusalem and destroyed the great Temple of Solomon, but Hebrew prophets believed and predicted that a future descendant of David would once again rule over the kingdom of God. Christians saw the fulfillment of that promise in Jesus Christ while Jews continue to await the arrival of the Messiah.

In the second century a.d., after the Romans banished the Jewish people from Palestine, the Hebrew academy in Babylon emerged as the intellectual and spiritual center of Jewish culture throughout the Diaspora. For almost a thousand years a leader believed to be a descendant of David presided over that institution. As Christianity took hold in Europe, the ideology and theology surrounding King David inspired many Christian monarchs and religious leaders and triggered many political and religious struggles between Christian kings and the Popes.

These views of King David, burnished over millennia by armies of theologians and religious teachers, have made David the most beloved character in all of the Old Testament and, theologically, the most important. But how much do we really know about this man?

AACOOLDRE,

Taking your advice, I googled Gary Greenberg, and here is what I found at his site, as taken from the Green Bay Press-Gazette:

Using the second book of Samuel, Greenberg also finds a different story about the killing of the giant Goliath. “It describes the killing by someone else,” he said. “One of David’s military heroes kills Goliath.” He quotes 2 Samuel 21:19: “Elhanan, son of Jaare-oregim, the Bethlehemite, killed Goliath the Gittite, the shaft of whose spear was like a weaver’s beam.”

The problem is, when you take a look at the actual scripture, 2 Samuel 21:19 (see below), there is a glaring discrepancy, the word “ brother” has been conveniently omitted in Greenberg’s above account.

How do you explain the discrepancy, moreover, how does Greenberg explain this mess?

And there was again a battle in Gob with the Philistines, where Elahanan the son of Jaareoreghim, a bethlehemite, slew the brother of Goliath the Gittite, the staff of whose spear was like a weaver’s beam. 2 Samuel 21: 19

Nevertheless, King David was not a saint nor does the bible portray him as such!

AACOOLDRE,

Taking your advice, I googled Gary Greenberg, and here is what I found at his site, as taken from the Green Bay Press-Gazette:

Using the second book of Samuel, Greenberg also finds a different story about the killing of the giant Goliath. “It describes the killing by someone else,” he said. “One of David’s military heroes kills Goliath.” He quotes 2 Samuel 21:19: “Elhanan, son of Jaare-oregim, the Bethlehemite, killed Goliath the Gittite, the shaft of whose spear was like a weaver’s beam.”

The problem is, when you take a look at the actual scripture, 2 Samuel 21:19 (see below), there is a glaring discrepancy, the word “ brother” has been conveniently omitted in Greenberg’s above account.

How do you explain the discrepancy, moreover, how does Greenberg explain this mess?

And there was again a battle in Gob with the Philistines, where Elahanan the son of Jaareoreghim, a bethlehemite, slew the brother of Goliath the Gittite, the staff of whose spear was like a weaver’s beam. 2 Samuel 21: 19

Nevertheless, King David was not a saint nor does the bible portray him as such!

Brother Clyde, it depends on what version you use. The NIV says that he slew Goliath, not his brother, but the KJV says that he slew his brother. How do you explain that contradiction?

How about the fact that all of this is Bulls--- !! How about the fact that "if one does go by the words of the Queen James Bible that David was gay as the moth of may. How about the fact that "if you wanted to go by the book then it would still be a lie in terms of trying to trace the descent through "male lineage" when this was not the "historical case in terms of civilizations prior to the supposed Prophet Muhammad? How about the fact that there can be no line of any of them because there was no Abraham to give birth to a supposed Issac or Ishmael from who these others fakers supposedly came from? How about the fact "if one wanted to go by the Queen James Bible or the story of Adam and Eve, then research into the first book of the Bible which was actually the last of the five written will reveal that "Eve was not Adams First wife", Lilith was...and more interesting is why she supposedly left his punk @ss. How about the fact that "we as African/Black people shouldn't even have any interest in the story of other people, their so called prophets and the fact that it is "Our Story that has been stolen, co-opted, changed, adulterated and then given back to us for our seasoning mentally. How about the fact that I have yet to see a list of "OUR PROPHETS" prior to any Bible...as if I'm volunteering them to you, cause I'm not. Why not? Cause I like it when I force people to think and do research concerning our people. It sort of reveals that the "US, WE, and OUR is at least internalizing in them....which is a good thing. My not giving it stimulates, motivates and causes a curiosity that I see as a good thing.

Now lets say the Jesus story was true...why was Mary out whoring with her cousin Elizabeth who by the way got pregnant about the same time Mary did? Since she was 13 when she supposedly had Jesus, Yeshua/Joshua/Isa, this means her hot behind was 12 or early 13 when she was out whoring....unless we are saying that God is into "little kids" for those who insist that God is Jesus Daddy. If your daughter came home today and said "Mommy I was walking past the church and I suddenly got pregnant, every parent here would want her to take them back past the church and show them the very spot it happened. Furthermore, since no one in their sane mind would buy that story if their daughter came home and said something like that today...we become total idiots to think that the laws of nature were violated back then

Amen!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back