Black People : A saying A Day

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by river, Jun 11, 2007.

1. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Hey Fambly,

Let's start a wisdom thread. Whether it's a saying you heard elsewhere or one you came up with yourself share it here. To start the ball rolling:

2. Kevin Ervin

Kevin Ervin Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Ultimately...is actually, here and now. Kevin Ervin

3. torch

torch Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    From my brother who is in another realm but still with me

"Envy is worse than betrayal.."

4. majujala

majujala New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    In order to lead the orchestra you have to turn your back on the crowd.

5. Goddess Auset333

Goddess Auset333 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +23
    When we are unaware of Truth, a lie will appear as Truth (Osiris)

Only a fool can fool another fool, but those among us who are Wise sees them both (Osirs)

I Will Present The Truth Wherever I Can Get Truth An Appearance, Even In The
    Depth Of Hell!!! (Osiris)

It Is Time to Condemn the Lie and elevate The Truth!!! (Osiris)

We Must Cause Trouble ( with the Truth ) Until Our Liberation!!! (Osiris)

It Is The Black Fool Who Say I Have Lost Nothing In Afrika!!! ( Osiris )

I Come, I Share, You Either Accept Or Reject, I Move On (Osiris)

6. Sami_RaMaati

Sami_RaMaati Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +243
    "...Many have heard me say that Europeans, who comprise 10 percent of the world's population, can only rule over the 90 percent by lying, by deceit, and force. The only way that we can be in the condition we are in as a people is to believe lies. Our mentality has been reversed and our behavior made backwards because we take the lie for the truth, and the truth for the lie. A small minority in the world can only rule by making backwards the mentality of the large majority. It makes mentally backward the large majority by reversing the truth, creating lies and getting the majority to believe the lies that it creates..."

"...It's a puzzling situation, as I've often pointed out to my students, that we use as arbiters of truth those who have lied to us most. These are the kinds of contradictions that keep us crazy, and they are widespread. Consequently, we can only feel it is truth when it comes out of a European historical mouth -- solely."

--Amos N. Wilson, "The Falsification of Afrikan Consciouness: Eurocentric History, Psychiatry, and the Politics of White Supremacy"

7. Sami_RaMaati

United States
    Ratings:
    +243
    "Colonization is not satisfied merely with holding a people in its grip and emptying the native's brain of all form and content. By a kind of perverted logic, it turns to the past of oppressed people and distorts, disfigures and destroys it".
    –Frantz Fanon

“If you control minds, you control behinds.”

-–Bobby Wright

“If you want to hide your criminality, do like white people do: Create a condition, holla criminal, criminal, criminal, and point to somebody else.”

--Nubian Times

“African-Americans are in the habit of using their money to create jobs and wealth for other people, while the part of their leadership that is ignorant is begging for jobs from other groups of people. It may not be time to get rid of the ‘N’ word quite yet, unless we are willing to teach our children to create jobs and wealth for themselves.”

-–Nubian Times

“I’m not interested in what white people think about us; I’m interested in what we think about ourselves and what we’re going to do for ourselves.”

-–Runoko Rashidi

“You have made every religious, racial, and ethnic group rich. There is nobody else left on earth to make rich but yourselves.”

–Claud Anderson (Speaking to a Black audience)

"When you control a man's thinking you do not have to worry about his actions. You do not have to tell him not to stand here or go yonder. He will find his 'proper place' and will stay in it. You do not need to send him to the back door. He will go without being told. In fact, if there is no back door, he will cut one for his special benefit. His education makes it necessary."

–Carter G. Woodson, "The Miseducation of the Negro"

8. Sami_RaMaati

United States
    Ratings:
    +243
    “...the Divine needs no childish cheerleaders, inane spokespeople, or simpleminded defenders of the faith.”

--- Acharya S

"The term "civilization" is commonly used in English to describe a set of positive, even ideal, social and historical values. "European Civilization," "Western Civilization," "Industrial Civilization": to most people, any use of the word signifies a positive achievement. Indeed, who would want to be labeled "uncivilized"? And who would not want to be a member of a "civilized" society?

"There are scholars, however, who declare that they "have for some time rejected the notion of civilization" because of its discriminatory implications, as civilization is "by necessity defined by reference to the uncivilized" ( White, 1987: 40). 1 Questions have also been raised concerning the ethical content of civilization, for it is apparent that the perpetration of horrid crimes is not sufficient to make an individual or a society uncivilized. If this were not the case, never, after the witch-hunt, the slave trade, Auschwitz, and Hiroshima, could we bring ourselves to speak of Western Civilization."

--Author Unknown

9. Sami_RaMaati

United States
    Ratings:
    +243
    “What did you expect when you removed the gag that closed those black mouths? That they would sing your praises? Those heads that our fathers pressed to the ground, did you expect to read adoration in their eyes when they could look up?"

---Jean-Paul Sartre

"Throw away the image of the god of the whites, who has so often brought down our tears."

--Bookman Dutty, Hatian Revolutionary

10. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    "Here, . . . in this place, we flesh; Flesh that weeps, laughs; flesh that dances on bare feet in grass. Love it, love it hard. Yonder they do not love your flesh. They despise it. . . . Love your hands! Love them. Raise them up and kiss them, touch others with them, pat them together, stroke them on your face, ‘cause they don’t love that either. You got to love it, You! And no, they ain’t in love with your mouth. . . . You got to love it. This is flesh that I’m talking about here. Flesh that needs to be loved. Feet that need to rest and to dance, backs that need support; shoulders that need strong arms. . . . More than eyes and feet. More than your life-holding womb and your life-giving private parts, hear em now, love your heart. For this is the prize" [pp. 88-89].

Toni Morrison "BELOVED"