Black Spirituality Religion : A Revelation of TRUE Faith

A007

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 16, 2001
memphis, Tn
The beliefs and thoughts expressed hereafter are my original revelations/thoughts and although there may have been others to draw the same conclusions, the things I am about to express have orignated in my heart and mind and have not been derived from any other source but my self and my God, so it is inevitable that two things will occur. 1. There will be those who firmly disagree (and will no doubt proceed to tell me why) 2. There will be debatable points that will provoke thought and/or prayer.

It has been a revelation of mine that there is no WORD OF GOD as we in our respective faiths believe. The bible, talmud, torah, qur'an, book of morman, or any other text are the works of men and rob us of the very thing we seek which is TRUE FAITH. True faith can be defined as unquestioning belief that does not require proof or evidence. If that is true faith, then how can looking to a text that men wrote as proof or evidence of God be considered faith.

It is the practice and belief of most established religions to refer to their 'holy book' as the inerrant word of God. This 'holy book' serves as proof that God exists and in it is what he said and wants us to do. So..any challenge or condemnation of the 'holy book' of a particular faith is met with strong opposition because if we do not have the 'word of God' to guide us we are lost. I challenge any of you to approach a Christian, Muslim, or Jew and tell them that their sacred text is not the word of God and see what type of response you get.

In my search for spirituality and connection with God it came to my attention that man has had a hand in every text that is referred to as 'holy'. Since man is not perfect and Jesus himself(the only perfect human) did not write a text it is more than probable that EVERY text has the influence and interpretation of man as its basis which therefore renders the text imperfect because ALL HUMANS ARE IMPERFECT. If all humans are imperfect then how is it possilbe to have a the perfect WORD OF GOD to be written through a human?

It is CRYSTAL CLEAR that in the bible and torah that they are not the inerrant word of God. In the new testiment (the bible) the authors clearly distinguish between the words of God, Jesus, and themselves. There are differences in opinion between authors and Paul tell us that much of what he writes are his own personal veiws not Jesus' or Gods. So when and why did we adopt ALL of the good news professed by the apostles and prophets as inerrant? And even though I have limited knowledge of the qur'an and most of the other texts there is no question that they are the works of man and not God because of the ritulaistic nature of them and some of their messages.

In the interest of not making this too long I will conclude by saying if we were to see the texts for what they are ....good attempts at guidance in the area of being closer to our God and doing his will ..... and not as the WORD OF GOD we will all be closer to God because we will learn to love each other again and won't have these doctrines as our proof of God and ultimately the reason for our dislike, condemnation, and separations from each other. We need our FAITH to be in GOD not in some false book that we claim to be his word.

I am open to questions, comments, and any other response people may have.

"Then what is the purpose of True Faith?"

In my best estimate, I would have to say the purposes are both love and peace. It is very difficult if not impossible to have one without the other.

"If faith is all that is required, what does it provide once the requirments are met?"

Faith is not all that is required. If it were then the journey itself would have no purpose. And I for one believe that they journey/quest to be one with our creator is very important. As for what does it provide...I will again say... Peace and Love....and a knowledge that life is more than what we experience here on earth.

Originally posted by A007
True faith can be defined as unquestioning belief that does not require proof or evidence. If that is true faith, then how can looking to a text that men wrote as proof or evidence of God be considered faith.

....no, I dont agree with that at all; that isnt True Faith, that is just foolish, especially if you're shown otherwise and you continue on with your Blind Faith.....we have minds and intuition for a purpose.....and that purpose is to distinguish between right and wrong, up and down, left and right, truth and falsehood....the 'thought process' is the corridor for which Wisdom manifests itself, and for one close up that corridor, is to separate him/herself from Wisdom....if we dont prove all things, how do we know if havent been hoodwinked, had, took, led astray, run amuck, or bamboozled...???....(as Malcolm X once said)....or even more so, how do we know that there isnt a better way...???....

....do you not see someone who 'unquestioning believes' in somehing for which there is no evidence of whatsoever as being gullible, or even stubborn and hard-headed...???....

...but I'm feeling you somewhat when you say the 'the texts are good attempts at guidance...'
.....but how can you say that there is NO WORD OF GOD (meaning men wrote our 'holy books'), and then turn around and say that Jesus was the only perfect human, and that Paul distinguishes his views from that of God's....???....thats like down-playing something, and then turning around and using it to support your case....

"....if we dont prove all things, how do we know if havent been hoodwinked, had, took, led astray, run amuck, or bamboozled...???....(as Malcolm X once said)....or even more so, how do we know that there isnt a better way...???.... "

We don't!!!! That's why it is a never ending journey..but for most of us the journey begins and ends with these texts (words of God) and we call it faith. How is one to prove or disprove the existence of God....so since there is not proof....Does that mean we shouldn't believe in God?

."...do you not see someone who 'unquestioning believes' in somehing for which there is no evidence of whatsoever as being gullible, or even stubborn and hard-headed...???...."

only if there is proof to the contrary or even GOOD questions that lend themselves to thought beyond what was previously believed.
Is there proof that there is no God?

"but how can you say that there is NO WORD OF GOD (meaning men wrote our 'holy books'), and then turn around and say that Jesus was the only perfect human, and that Paul distinguishes his views from that of God's....???....thats like down-playing something, and then turning around and using it to support your case...."

point taken. I have no answer to it other than to say that the existance of Jesus (and him being sinless) comes from several different sources (including some not of the bible). So, my belief in God and Jesus stem from texts written by men, but I do not believe any of the texts are THE "Word of God" and/or inerrant.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back