Black People : A RESPONSE to HipHop's Intelligentsia.

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Metaverse, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    CONCERNING - BET. HIP-HOP VS. AMERICA

Hip-Hop needs a good Metaphysician. No really. Someone who can reveal some of the understandings that Hip-Hop is void of, at least on the surface level. Rappers need a forum no different than this one. A place where they can first learn how to "think" and decide what subjects really concern the people.

So far, BET has only helped to prove just how ignorant some Superstar Rappers truly are. But it is a form of ignorance so mainstream that even it's audience has lost the ability to recognize it.

Blame it on cell phones, video games and microwaved foods - everything going on in today's media world is taking advantage of the fact that people generally have no idea what's going on, because they lack the mental stamina to think beyond the surface.

But let's push the soap box to the side for a moment. By now every good Black thinker has prepared a sermon for or against Hip-Hop. But where are the solutions? Sure, we can pile some Black Ph.Ds in a room along with some of Rap music's finest and ask them to debate about the issues. Who among them is providing solutions? Who is really fixing anything? Who is bold enough to suggest that BET is part of the problem- on BET?

The excuse that Hip-Hop is a mirror is a poor excuse. Hip-Hop is not an artform, it is a warform. Big difference between the two. Artists are responsible for expressing a level of genius that appears almost unreachable to others based upon their degree of skill and practice.

Humans evolve because of Artists. So for any so-called Artist to sit comfortably within the wealth of their deeds and say to the people you are responsible for yourself alone, is a farce, designed by the White cooperations that own the Artist in the first place. The Rap star is actually still a slave just like everyone else, only he or she is allowed to behave as if they are not.

By no means are Artists perfect. But in fact Artists are required to express their strengths as well as weaknesses in order to defame the illusion of their superiority over normal people.

So for example 50 Cent will say, "why not go after the big cooperations instead of the little guy, the Rap Artist?" Telling on himself to an audience who is usually to dumb and distracted to listen. Big Cooperations OWN Rap Artists, and in most cases their videos are displaying what is being done to the Artist on a business level.

They are the ones shaking their behinds for the head CEOS saying "please please give me a chance." They are the Prostitutes instead of the Pimps.
    They are the ones getting credit cards swiped down through their backsides, because they are the ATMs for White Racists Companies that milk them for power.

You see, what's why I said Hip-Hop needs a good Metaphysican.

On another level, we give these individuals too much power as if anything they do could possibility be any higher that the actions of the drug dealers and Pimps in our own hoods. Why do we think having millions of dollars makes one somehow super to others?

What makes us super is what is in our minds not our wallets.

Like Black athletes we are only looking at slaves with money. But have any of them done anything to evolve their MINDs beyond the realm of the average drug dealer or Pimp in the hood?

No.

In fact their entire lifestyle is modeled after the lifestyle of these characters. Now, if I see a Man walking around with wings on his back, I will not assume he can fly until I see him actually flying. When and where has any Rapper soared above the Black realities that exist here in America? At no period. Not even Pac and Biggie had that type of flight. Obviously.

Rappers parade around with wings on their backs, but they are as grounded to the realities of Black life as anyone else. It has nothing to do with money, but it has everything to do with brain development.

All of this relates back to cesspool dynamics. Nothing that White racist social engineers don't already know. Maintain poor environments, maintain poor opportunities, create poor brain development. Not rocket science, however, for some of us it might be.

We must consider that the ghettos of America are created and maintained that way intentionally. Poor schools are intentional. Broken families are intentional. The drug epidemic is intentional. Guns in the community is intentional. The ghettos of America is just one big fish pool that higher elites feed and control in order to keep themselves in power.

So here some of you are, trying to change something that is that way by design. How can you take something out of power if you don't know where the power source for that system is?

At any given moment the Police of New York city can run into any block on their "list" and extract enough wealth for them and their system to continue to survive. It is the same in Miami. It is the same in Chicago. It is the same in Atlanta. It is the same in Compton. In long Beach. In Houston. It is the same in any area where Blacks are multiplying and where White faces control their so-called democracy. These small systems control America entire.

Hip-Hop was our answer to some of our problems. We needed a way to voice our hatred for oppression, unfairness and cruelty against us. We also needed a way to celebrate what little sanity we had. Poetry and music has never left the collective unconscious of African people. Hip-Hop is often incorrectly judged as something that suddenly sprang up from one region alone. But Hip-Hop had to be a collective effort.

Our inner melody might take on different forms and mediums, but it is the same beat. As it is in Africa, the West Indies and South America. But in the case of Hip-Hop it's special spotlight comes from the language it uses which is predominantly English. While coded or slanged at times, it is understood enough by Whites who can use the medium to control the development of young black brains.

It is clear that those in power operate from a position and level that the average Rapper will not be able to compute. They are selected for that purpose and quality about them. So to focus any amount of intellectual prowess on a Rapper who was selected because he/she is stupid in the first place might place us in the same category.

Now that prowess should be focused on someone and something. We must begin to look at how American cesspools are created and maintained and what types of brain development take place there. We must realize that all brains whatever the skill level must find ways to survive, and if a cesspool is producing brains of a lesser density and awareness, what are the opportunities being provided so these brain levels can continue on?

I know, it can sound like a horrible question to ask and answer to look for. But this is a reality. Whites, in most cases have already understood this. This is why Whites of lower brain density have jobs created for them. These are your cops, public officials and Soldiers. Not that you have to be dumb as a rock for these positions, not at all. What it means is that because certain types of brain levels exist, naturally we gravitate towards systems that best fit our skill level. Hip-Hop fits the skill levels for the brains our Black cesspools in America create at a majority.

It has nothing to do with just listening or purchasing the music, but when we find ourselves contributing to it's culture we must begin to question if this is because this is the only level of so-called culture we can understand.

A well developed and healthy brain is defined by healthy choices, not perfect choices, but healthy choices. For example, staying in a cesspool is not a healthy choice not matter how you slice it. So we must wonder to ourselves why we continue to perpetuate these realities ourselves. Everyone in the world knows a "Ghetto" is a breading ground for crime. So why does a Black nation earning $900 billion a year still have Ghettos?

If these dynamics do not change, Hip-Hop or the brains that rise out of our cesspools will never change. Because of how our brains are developed we will take whatever opportunity available for us to survive.

So the argument that listening to negative music doesn't inspire one to repeat the same negative acts in real life must be looked at in a different direction. Is the negative music an aid to that person's brain development? Or is it in fact simply a distraction away from ideas that might evolve them? Is it not also a way to sensitize the brain about situations around in the world?

If I listen to details of a murder on CD, I can use that energy to inspire similar thoughts or actions due to my brain development. The energy we extract from media can be used to inspire us to create like actions, but always the same exact actions.

How many young boys who think they are 50 Cent are running around using the energy of his music to create the situations that will define their destiny?
    They are losing out on the opportunities to evolve their brains pass the levels of those around them because their selected music is coded to align them with destruction.

The solution is to focus on the developing brains of our youth. And to make sure they are inspired towards evolution and deprogramming. Hip-Hop's finest will not learn for anything until it is taught by a language they can understand. When the realities certain Rapper perpetuate in their music find their way to their doorstep and in the arenas with their own children, then and only then will they begin to take more responsibility for this so-called artform.

What is amazing is that the same level of inventiveness and creativity that goes into a greeting card can go into a Rap song. And while the greeting card business is a billion dollar world wide empire, we have more Black children in line to be Rappers than Black writers and artists in line to create and control their own greeting card businesses. Both have the equal potential to inspire the emotions of millions.

Hip-Hop in general must separate itself from the White Massas that control it.
    It must be total and complete separation.

2. Knowledge Seed

Knowledge Seed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +551
    I couldn't have said it better myself.

3. tyab14

tyab14 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +78
    Great post Meta, your posts are very informative and deeply thought out!!

I think the metaphysician right now for Hip Hop is most definitely Black Dot and his crew, they are on it, check out there youtube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/BlackDotTV

Again, great post! The music forms never change they just change shape just like any other of our art forms! They can't stop Hip Hop, lol, but the government did a good job with gangster rap...

4. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Black Dot is most definitely a MetaTeacher to pay attention too.

5. Knowledge Seed

Ratings:
    +551
    I seen the vid a few days ago. I'm getting his book soon. Have you read it, Bro Meta?

6. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Funny thing Bro. Knowledge Seed, I've seen the book around me for a few years now and still haven't read it yet. Hip-Hop Decoded- I believe is the title. But I've attended so many of Pro. Griff's lectures and he's a MetaTeacher too and breaks down allot of the same elements in Hip-Hop.

I can see both Pro.Griff and Black Dot being perfect Mentors for up and coming Artists. Both of them know the Rap game very intimately too. Which is interesting since allot of the sciences we find in Rap, the way we come up with lyrics and beats etc., those same sciences are found in metaphysics. Hip-Hop was never slated to become a warform that aids our collective destruction. Basically at this point, if Hip-Hop was done right- just about everybody should be "thinking" the same way black MetaTeachers think- having the ability to break down the surface of reality into mental and spiritual applications.

As a lyricist and producer myself in my early years, I was drawn to "dropping science" because of Krs-one, Rakim, Big Daddy Kane, SlickRick the Ruler, Doug E. Fresh- all of them contributed something to how I saw the world. So it's interesting to see the Artists of today lying about the effects they have on the youth, only to tell Parents you are responsible for raising your own child. This is true. Parents are always responsible for raising their own children. But the raising of the black brain is not the job of Parents alone, and music has historically been part of the African brain development curriculum. It takes a village to raise a child, Parents, especially one Parent are a small piece of this village. We get our education from the streets.

There is no Black child on the planet that doesn't seek out some type of music to develop their brain, even when there Parents threaten their lives not to listen. How many of us, like Eddie Murphy would sneak down to the basement to listen to some Richard Pryor or Redd Foxx, Black comedians have an impact on us as well. You see African people in terms of brain education and development are way advanced than European education. We didn't just learn from written symbols, we learn from music, art and dance. We learn from our communal celebration.

Whatever we see Black people celebrating, in that same place children are learning. So it's obvious most Rappers are ignorant to this fact. Which is why many of them will say "I am not a Role Model" or "I am not a Teacher." If you are standing in front the black board with a piece of chalk in front of youth eager to listen, I'm sorry - you are a Teacher. And if you are standing on a stage with a mic in front of youth eager to listen, you are a Teacher. How could we choose the medium to which African people have used for thousands and years to educate themselves as a way to grow wealthy, only to say- I am not responsible for their education? I am not responsible for how these children are turning out.

No, Hip-Hop was not meant for this. Instead, that plan was derailed. "Gansta Rap" no doubt is a Government/CIA invention. Could you imagine the Jews kicking the legs up to any type of music that details their crumbling of their empire?

But you know what the saddest reality here is, the saddest reality of them all. Is that if Hip-Hop was used as medium to teach us reading, math, history, science, chemistry, geography, all the curriculum and education we need- we would once again become a stronger race of brains, because with music we can learn faster and memorize more information. So we shake our heads at the 3 year old children who know the lyrics to every song on the radio but don't know how to read. We shake our heads not realizing what we are really shaking our heads at. If a 3 year old can learn the lyrics so easily- change the lyrics!! Tailor those lyrics into something useful for that brain to learn.

And this should be the job for up and coming Artists. Instead of standing in line to be the next slave on MTV singing about materials they don't own, can't afford - here's a position as Teacher. Poetry and Music can be used to develop the brain very rapidly- and what would that make us?

7. Knowledge Seed

Ratings:
    +551
    Progress is being made

Hip Hop is slowly returning back to its roots. KRS ONE started the Temple of Hip Hop and provides a strong program for education and cultural awareness in Hip Hop. Then you have MCs like Saigon, A-Alikes, Papoose, and many other who are bringing conscious raising music.The biggest training program for us, as a people, in Hip Hop is RBG Street Scholars. Also rhn.tv is a conscious Hip Hop television network that is trying to go mainstream.

8. lite16

lite16 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self-employed
    Ratings:
    +3
    Metasaience said: "The solution is to focus on the developing brains of our youth. And to make sure they are inspired towards evolution and deprogramming."

This is a great statement and solution. This is key. This is what will/is happening. From the ground up.

9. SeekingMaat

SeekingMaat Well-Known Member MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +275
    Well said :)

well said ! :luvv:

10. Metaverse

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Bro. Knowledge Seed you are so very right. That's why now, when I see young Artists coming up trying to get into the Rap game, even now here in Atlanta- I tell them - take the Big Cooperations out of the equation. Stop thinking about being signed to this label or that label, start your own label- figure out what demographic you speak to and market to that demographic.

You see if Artists realize that they can earn the same amount of money or even more just by controlling their own product 100% then they start to listen. In my opinion while 50 Cent is known for his business sense- I can see young Rappers coming up learning from him and doing much better than him in the long run. Because they'll figure out- wait a minute- so I don't have to put on this fake gansta uniform at all.

I don't have to tap dance for Massa anymore. I don't have to pick the roll they want me to play because I can create my own roll and paycheck. What they don't want our young Artists to notice is that record labels were killed a long time ago by technology. Even most Rappers in the game still haven't realized this. Some of them are still resigning with big label not knowing they could fly right over to Japan and get the same money or more by controlling their own music/product but at the same time getting those Japanese endorsements. And this is why I say the pick stupid Rappers on purpose.

Basically, they look for the Brotha with Mike Tyson's brain. Sorry Mike, but everyone know you're not too bright. No coincidence that 50 Cent lives in Mike's old home. Some of these Brothas can't do numbers too well. For the same reason we get into debt with credit card companies we get into debt with major labels. Of course you do have Rappers who really don't care about the money, they care mostly about the fame, being known and even admired by millions. And that's were they get us too. What's fame? I'd rather have finances than fame. Fame can't feed your children. Fame can't build nations. Unless fame produces finances.

Meanwhile, some of the wealthiest people in Hip-Hop aren't even famous. Who owns the rim companies. Who owns the grill manufacturing companies. Who owns the fashion companies. Not us. Now that would be nice. If our ghettos were indeed the manufacturing plants for the materials we advertise in Hip-Hop. Then it would make sense. Could we connect the success of Hip-Hop to the growth of China's empire??- I'll leave that one to Pro. Griff and Black Dot. It's obvious Hip-Hop can be used to produce the finances for a nation. Of course China want us to be enchanted by their culture, by their martial art movies. As violent as some of them are, it helps to expand their global wealth. It places them in the consciousness of the world.

Did Hollywood get rich off Bruce Lee of course. Did Bruce Lee inspire other Artists or course. But China is a empire. And is slowly becoming America's #1 enemy. We must start to look at the art we produce also as ways to advertise our culture to the world. Why are our Sistahs even called names and approached as prostitutes when they go abroad? Because this is the way our Sistahs are advertised in Hip-Hop. What does allowing Hip-Hop to go on unmodified say about us? Hip-Hop is the CNN for the hood? Is it really whats going on in the streets? Or is it what we think is going on because we are not connected with the people?

We can only look forward to the new Artists who are confident about the speech, their artform of story telling over music- not differently than the Babas of Africa still do today. Hip-Hop is only the result of our oral traditions and rhythm. It is a male dominated medium, because "Rap" came about because of how the Brothas "rapped" to the Women. Our harmonic lyrics were used to seduce "the minds" of the Women we wanted to attract. Sometimes in the morning we can hear a bird "rapping" in the trees trying to get a female to answer his call.

So it's very interesting to see how "Rap" has been tailored to say things that in fact offend the minds of our females. And how it has programmed many of them to think of themselves as a lesser species. When in order to be great you have to come from greatness- so how it is possible mathematically for us to be great Men by coming from lesser Women? Rappers will use the excuse that they are only telling their life story, and that the microphone and the recording process is an act of healing the self.

So yes, sometimes that female in question is a B and a H, in terms of our anger. Sometimes that Brotha who offended you is a N, in terms of our disgust. And sometimes we do want to shot, kill and murder people who get in our way. Sometimes those details can become a story, a fantasy placed over tight beats that will heal us from actually committing those crimes. And in some ways, that is Chaos magic- used by those who don't understand what they are doing.

No one else should be allowed to hear that energy but those who we truly wish to destroy. Mail it to the White house not to the school house. Now those who understand magic are allowing us to use that magic against ourselves. And we'll sit around not understanding what is going on. Millions of Black Men go to prison every year for a crime they did not commit. Why does it stick? Why does the Universe always seem to line up so perfectly for Black Men to go to jail? I've known Black Men who were inspired to do something wrong like steal a carton of milk- just right at that moment when a Cop was in the store. Why couldn't it have been at any other moment? Why a carton of milk? Who put that thought in his head?

And Millions of Black Men will stand in front of a Judge and say to him/her truthfully with tears in the eyes "I did not do this crime your Honor." So why does it stick? As Racists as the establishment is, the establishment needs more power than just Racism for millions of us to go to jail. They need our power. They need our minds to believe in these stories. It sticks because we've bought into these concepts through the music. We've bought into Hip-Hop dramas of our Black Men as "wrong doers." Think about it. Wearing the uniform of a "thug" shouldn't make us one, but it does.

Why is it never enough for a Black Man to say he didn't do something. Why do we distrust him? And now let's ask what medium brings this energy of distrust into the forefront? Now for Black Women it's not about prison, it's about infidelity. How many Sistahs- no matter how faithful, are also accused of cheating and messing around? No matter how honest, they are accused of being trifling and underneath?

No matter how focused on their own careers are accused of wanting to take a Man for his money. And let's ask ourselves what medium is bringing these concepts into our collective unconscious. Why wouldn't we demand more from our Educators and not from our Artists? In African culture our Educators ARE our Artists. And that is an answer for those Rappers who often say why don't we demand the same from Artists of other Races, or why do we expect so much from Black Artists. It's not the same. We are a grossly disenfranchised people, there is no comparing us to other Races.

White Rock n Roll Artists can do as they please with White Women in their videos. Whites are not a grossly disenfranchised group. There are no Black Timberland boots on the necks of any Whites in America..unless it's a Porno and even then a White person is directing. We are the ones trying to come up from under the boots of Whites. And when our artform are turned into warform in order to suppress and kill us off even further at the hands of those who claim to love us and call us their people, we must wonder about how developed our brains are. We must ensure that the Hip-Hop artists of tomorrow understand their power to educate the youth. And how our music can be used to transfer complexed genius into mediocre minds.