Science and Technology : A Rare Black Moon Is Gracing Our Skies This Friday

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Chevron Dove, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    A Rare Black Moon Is Gracing Our Skies This Friday

This September ends with the eerily named black moon rising.

...So you’re probably wondering what a black moon is. It actually has a few definitions. The one we’re using here is a second new moon in a calendar month –...which is the second full moon in a calendar month.

… The new moon will officially occur at 8:11 p.m. EDT (5:11 p.m. PDT) on Friday in the Western Hemisphere. And it’ll take a few more nights before the moon in crescent form really starts to show, according to ScienceAlert.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/black-moon-friday-sept-30_us_57eaa416e4b0c2407cd9ce11

IN MY OPINION:

The news is also reporting that Hurricane Matthew has strengthened to a category 5 and officials are tracking its path to prepare us for possible landfall. Also, the news is reporting a high number of earthquake activity in Southern California and based on what I've come to learn in the recent years, there happens to be a relationship to how our earth responds to certain alignments such as just recently happened in the month of September. There were two eclipses this past September 2016 and this may have a bearing on our weather systems going on this autumn season. I am hoping that everyone will be safe.

• Thank You Thank You x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    I'm looking forward to viewing this Phenomenon.

A dark moon describes the Moon during that time that it is invisible against the backdrop of the Sun in the sky. The duration of a dark moon is between 1.5 and 3.5 days, depending on the orientation of the Earth and Sun.

http://www.space.com/34162-black-moon-guide.html#ooid=Vndm4yNjE6-HOoNcsBc5mxrTvAYLFQ_g
    Black Moon 2016: What It Is (and Why You Can't See It)

• Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List
  3. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,077
    Thank you so much Chevron Dove, you are a blessing in disguise. Happy Destee.com birthday to ya:)

• Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List