Black Spirituality Religion : A question to Black Muslims/NOI/Five Percenters

Alexandra

REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 13, 2008
Peace to the Gods and Earths/Muslims

I would be grateful for clarification on the following please;

Given that muslims are taught to regard the pig/sow/swine as an unclean animal not to be consumed, my question is what happens to those Muslims who also follow an ATR path, and by this I mean, being a Muslim, but also serving Dantor Erzulie, or Baron Samedi, to whom the pig is sacred.

Now, let's say Dantor Erzulie or Baron Samedi 'mounts' you and eats food containing pork, is this a violation of the above rule?

I hope this scenario makes sense and thank you in advance for your response.

A

Peace to the Gods and Earths.

I would be grateful for clarification on the following please;

Given that muslims are taught to regard the pig/sow/swine as an unclean animal not to be consumed, my question is what happens to those Muslims who also follow an ATR path, and by this I mean, being a Muslim, but also serving Dantor Erzulie, or Baron Samedi, to whom the pig is sacred.

Now, let's say Dantor Erzulie or Baron Samedi 'mounts' you and eats food containing pork, is this a violation of the above rule?

I hope this scenario makes sense and thank you in advance for your response.

A
Peace,

I can only speak regarding how the Gods and Earths may see it (we're not muslims). First and foremost I don't know of any God, Earth or civilized person in our nation who would bare witness to spirit possession. Also, it's not like we abstain from pork because of any "Thus sayeth the lord" type law. We leave pork alone because it's a filthy animal and we're very much in tune with the reality that you are what you eat, which is why many of us are vegan or vegetarian.

Peace
Precise

Many thanks Precise Allah for the response.

I have taken note that you do not consider yourselves to be Muslims. I was always under the impression that your belief system is one of the many branches of Islam. Apologies for the faux pas.

Your assertion that no member of your nation would participate in spirit possession is of interest. I’d like to know why this is. Do you view it in the same distorted light that Christians do? (When they conveniently choose to forget that they engage in “Holy Spirit” possessions that is)

Is your conclusion that the pig is a ‘filthy’ animal based on formative experience? By this I mean, have you spent time observing how they behave in their natural – emphasis on the word natural – environment? Like myself, you seem keen on basing your opinions on hard facts, so I know you will present a solid case for your conclusion.

A

I can not speak for NGE, NOI, orthodox Black Muslims or Black Jews, but I can share with all my experiences.

I remember at one party a Muslim Ghede came down and he greeted everyone with "As-Salaam Alaikum". Afterwards, in typical Ghede fashion, he began to talk. He said he loved pork so much he hated that he didn't eat it when he was truly dead (living) on earth. I thought it was a great irony.

The spirit realm always shatters the neat little box we create on earth. You truly learn that life is to be experienced than explained. It's a beautiful life and a magical world....

Many thanks Precise Allah for the response.

I have taken note that you do not consider yourselves to be Muslims. I was always under the impression that your belief system is one of the many branches of Islam. Apologies for the faux pas.

Your assertion that no member of your nation would participate in spirit possession is of interest. I’d like to know why this is. Do you view it in the same distorted light that Christians do? (When they conveniently choose to forget that they engage in “Holy Spirit” possessions that is)

Is your conclusion that the pig is a ‘filthy’ animal based on formative experience? By this I mean, have you spent time observing how they behave in their natural – emphasis on the word natural – environment? Like myself, you seem keen on basing your opinions on hard facts, so I know you will present a solid case for your conclusion.

A
Peace,

"Islam is Mathematics and Mathematics is Islam." That's a profound statement from the Honorable Elijah Muhammad yet how many people live it that way? To most people Islam is simply a religion.

My exact words were "I don't know of any God, Earth or civilized person in our nation who would bare witness to spirit possession." What this means to me is we don't bare witness to this so-called spiritual realm in the same way that most people do. Most people consider "spirits" to be some kind of external being (angel, dead person, etc.) that floats around doing it's business until it decides to "take over" the physical of a person, therefore displaying a personality that is unfamiliar to the individual. I don't bare witness to that.

Now regarding the use of so-called spirit possession, I would question anyone as to why they would allow for some latent personality to dominate them especially if it is going to do things they would not endorse or do under normal circumstances. That pretty much goes against our creedo of being the sole controllers and the best knowers.

As far as the pig I'll take one quote from the "Knowledge of Self" book, written and sold by the Gods and Earths:

"The meat itself contains excessive quantities of histamine and imidazole compounds (leading to itching and inflammation), sulphur-containing mesenchymal mucus (which leads to swelling and deposits of mucus in the tendons and cartilage, resulting in arthritis, rheumatism, etc.) Sulphur helps cause firm human tendons and ligaments to be replaced by the pig's soft mesenchymal tissues. The sulphur also causes the degeneration of human cartilage."

Personally I don't want anything in me that's even accused of causing so many maladies. Rest assured that if you're a part of Allah's Nation and it becomes known that you eat swine, there will be swift justice served by the righteous community at large.

Peace
Precise

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back