Black Spirituality Religion : A Question of Faith

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Akilah, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Akilah

Akilah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Scheduling Coordinator for large Health System
    Ratings:
    +36
    Hey Famblee...

As evidenced on this forum, there is an awesome variety to black folks (thought ya knew...huh ?) in terms of what and/or whom we draw our spiritual strength and guidance from. Personally, I find this to be highly enlightening and quite interesting as I'm sure others do.

So, for those of us who have not done the exhaustive research that a lot of our bruthas and sistahs appear to have done, I have a question :

Utilizing an "elementary" approach, (in other words : break it down for us like we're in the 3rd grade !) would you please share the "basics" concerning what faith you practice or spiritual path you follow ?

P.S. This is not intended to be a debate thread :thanks:

Love ya'll,
    Akilah
    :grouphug:

2. TheWitness

TheWitness Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Christianity

Basics of my faith is this..........

Faith is the victory that overcomes the world (1 John 5:4); it brings hope to the hopeless and peace in the midst of a trial. Through the teaching of God’s Word, we can encourage people to put their faith in Christ and show them how it’s possible to live a life of faith - overcoming in every situation.
    (Romans 10:17; Hebrews 11:6)

People long to be part of a family and to be loved unconditionally. We are a family of believers that love the hurting and reach out to the lost. Each person is valuable to God and to us.
    (1 Corinthians 12:14-28)

Jesus said, “…I shall build my church and the gates of hell will not prevail against it.” We are part of God’s supernatural family made up of a diverse group of people who have put down their differences to become a mighty army for Him. (Matthew 16:18; 1Timothy 3:15)

What I Believe..........................

...that the Bible is the inspired and only infallible authoritative Word of God.
    -(II Tim. 3:16)

...in one God, Maker of all things who eternally exists in Trinity as three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
    -(I John 5:4-7; John 1:1-14)

...in the Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory.
    -(I Cor. 15:3; I Peter 2:23-24; John 3:16)

...that for salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
    -(Rom. 3:21-30; Gal. 4:4-7)

...that the full consummation of the baptism of believers in the Holy Ghost is evidenced by the initial physical sign of speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance, and by the subsequent manifestation of spiritual power in public service.
    -(Acts 1:8; 2:42-43; 10:44-46; 19:2-6; Matt. 3:11)

...in the resurrection of both the saved and lost; those who are saved unto the resurrection of life and those who are lost unto damnation.
    -(John 5:24-29)

...that deliverance from sickness is provided for in the atonement, and is the privilege of all believers.
    -(Isaiah 53:4; Matt. 8:16-17; Mark 16:18)

...in the imminent return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
    -(I Thess. 4:18; Rev. 21:20)

3. Akilah

Ratings:
    +36
    Sistah TheWitness...

Thank you for responding to my thread...

I appreciate ya !

Much
    Peace & Love
    Akilah :)

4. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Hmmmm! Where do I start?

Right now in my life, I don't practice any particular religion. I know that there is a creator. I just look around at the many beautiful things that are present amongst such cruel intentions, and I know that there is a spirit greater than myself. A spirit that is so wonderful that it creates things that our mortal minds can't even phantom.

My path is to connect fully to the Creator. To find my way back to the source where limits have no existence. I long to be complete again! Not just for a minute, but forever! I seek knowledge and understanding of the Creator, so I may build a solid foundation to go along with my beliefs. I believe that everything created has a purpose and is connected to each other. That many have lost their purpose, creating a void in the Creators plans. My path is a spiritual one. To escape this prison that holds me down by the flesh. I just want to go home Sister Akilah! Where I can be totally free!

5. j'hiah

j'hiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +70
    l second everything TheWitness has said. :bullseye:

Jesus has made me complete by knowledge and experience.
    it is a joy and peace of mind working in my home, community
    and job with this attitude...

l've proclaimed :D

peace.

6. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    Peace sistah Akilah,

Mathematics is my foundation, of which I build upon daily! Everyday I strive to fulfill my life in a mathematical manner becoming of those ancestral spirits that surround me.....

What I strive for is Freedom, Justice & Equality for ALL which is born from Knowledge, Wisdom & Understanding, that will help u achieve Food, Clothes & shelter, therefore giving birth too Love, Pece & Happiness...........(The 12 Jewels)

P-ower & E-quality the A-ll C's E-verything

7. Akilah

Ratings:
    +36
    Sister PurpleMoon.... words cannot express how reading this affected me !
    I'm stunned by the simplicity/complexity, beauty, peace, and truth of it...

Godspeed on your journey my Sister
    and thank you for allowing me a view of your path.

Much Love,
    Akilah :spinstar:

8. Akilah

Ratings:
    +36
    Amen Brutha J'hiah...thank you for sharing your testimony !

Much
    Peace & Love
    Akilah :spinstar:

9. Akilah

Ratings:
    +36
    Brotha Info-moetry this is extroidinary ! Do you base your particular beliefs on an ATR or is this a philosophy that you have developed for yourself ???

PLEASE share more... :read:

Many blessings,
    Akilah :love:

10. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    Peace sista,

These are not philosophies developed by me, but these 12 jewels are what origianally guided us all in harmony with each other b4 man started to divide him/herself with names & titles. This is not a ATR, but the foundation of all Religions that ORIGINATED with righteousness but then went astray.

I believe the Jesus of the Bible taught Freedom, justice & Equality to those who were lost which is why he never names a religion other than to say he was a Jew, which simply means a soldier of the one God......

Some of these 12 Jewels are practiced by us all daily without us even knowing it. It's just that once you realize the power of all 12 operating in harmony with each other. you begin to get a clearer picture of the one so many call God!!!!

Knowledge - is a motivating force that sustains Hue-man life
    Understanding - One must Understand what he/she has learned in order to move on.
    Wisdom - is to put into action what he/she has learned in a positive mannar
    Freedom - A gift from the ALL
    Justice - An invisible force that keeps the mind balanced or inbalanced according to one's deeds. As the stars in the sky bring justice to the mind.
    Equality - A divine law which renders us all equal as we are born into that law.
    Food - what sustains the physical being.
    Clothes - what covers the physical being.
    Shelter - what houses the physical being.
    Love - The most powerful force in the universe, but is governed by the other 11 jewels.
    Peace - short for Power & Equality the ALL C's Everything. Peace is an invisible force that unites the mind & body & helps the individual see clearer.
    Happiness - a gift from the ALL which causes the hue-man's energy to be felt by all within his/her circumference. It is a magnetic force that can not be denied or taken away, it can only be given away by the one who posesses that hapiness........

Peace my sistah..................

"the greatest story ever told, has yet to be heard"