Black Spirituality Religion : A Question For Those Without A Religion.

oceolo said:
God told them to kill the people because they were wicked because they worshipped idols.
And Israel wan't wicked and did not worship idols?

Abraham came from a people who worshipped the moon but God taught him the truth. Could He not have taught the Canaanites? Did He who does all things according to the good pleasure of His will and Who takes no pleasure in the destruction of the wisked but that the wicked should repent, did He actually command His people to dispatch entire cities to Hell?

You will say that God knew none of them would repent so He had them killed. Why then do we preach the Gospel to people who won't believe? Why don't we just kill them?

Ralfa'il said:
...or as I like to call you, the "spiritually homeless".

If you don't have a divine set of rules, how do you determine right from wrong?

"Spiritually Homeless" this is an assinine and extraordinarily ingnorant remark. What is it you are trying to accomplish by all this name calling?

People in simple societies don't need a book or religion to show them right from wrong. The white man needs religion because he has a savage nature and didn't know how to behave, this is why he's called a caucasian i.e. caveman.

river said:
Anyway Moses did not write the Ten Commandments nor did the Israelites keep them.

Jeremiah 8:8 tells us that the pen of the scribes has made the law a lie (shaqer meaning fraud, deception, betray but translated as vain). When I read the things they claim God did my spirit knows what is true and what is a lie. God did not command them to kill anybody back then anymore than He did in 1948.

Even if we want to believe God took out the time to scribe these ten commandments in stone and Moses was just the courier and the instructor, still is it not true that Joshua (the first man named Jesus < Yeshua in the bible) the anointed of god, led his people into what they believe God had given them and wasn’t Gods edict that they should slaughter the Canaanites and possess their land?

Didn’t the Yahweh God of the Old Testament say, “I am good and evil”

Also, do you really believe that the ancient Israelites and the Jews who invaded and attack the Levant (Palestine) in 1948 are the same people?

Now, remember we are discussing this in the context of what we believe the Bible has said…the same Bible in which the Christian religion was organized around...it's the bible teachings that has set the rules (canon) for this particular religion, known as Christianity.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back