Black Spirituality Religion : A Question For Those Without A Religion.

Ralfa'il said:
Infomoetry

Why you tripping on me on this calm Sunday night brutha?

You got a tooth ache or something?

You in that New York frame of mind?

I just asked a simple question, and YOU took it as disrespect.

There are people locked up in prison and mental hospitals because they are always taking things the wrong way and see someone looking at them or crossing their path as a sign of disrespect and going ballistic.

- your ? itself was not disrespectful, but what you added about what you call those who don't follow religion was!! It wasn't even neccessary to throw in....

we can agree to disagree, but in your opening ? you've already started with the disrespect which is why a lot of people don't bother posting their comments for fear they might be bashed by you or other religious people who think everyone who doesn't "believe" what they believe is wrong..........

- step outside and take a look back in & tell me what you see -

the last sentence of your post, again you've lost me as to your intentions.....you just seem to flow with the wind, even if it's not on the topic that YOU started.......

jamesfrmphilly said:
i have a very clear sense of right and wrong.
i am not religious.

both things are true.

if you depend on a religious leader to tell you right from wrong you may be susceptible to manipulation.

Peace James,

True indeed!!!!!!!! See it everyday.......................

peace

Ralfa'il said:
...or as I like to call you, the "spiritually homeless".

If you don't have a divine set of rules, how do you determine right from wrong?

I go by my conscious. Has my conscious been influenced by my upbringing in a 'Christian'-based American culture? Yes, which is why I would feel guilty doing things that Christians might also consider wrong.

For behaviors and situations that could be defined as morally 'grey', I use my own common-sense and logic. If the behavior is going to hurt myself or someone else emotionally or physically it is best to be avoided.

The Divine Law

Thou shalt not kill
Thou shalt not steal
Ten of them

Written not only on clay tablets but on the hearts of all men. Even cannibals in the south seas know that it is wrong to murder. But like our white boys they convince themselves that those outside their group aren't fully human so killing them doesn't constitute murder.

No man can deliberately break the Divine Law without rationalizing (telling himself rational lies).

And that which we see on clay tablets and on paper is just a copy of what is already in our conscience. No written document is the original source of its contents.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back