Black People : A QUESTION FOR BLACK REPUBLICANS

diakonos

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 13, 2004
Tavis Smiley had an interesting article on NPR yesterday on the GOP’s efforts to get black voters to cross party lines. Black folk vote overwhelmingly democratic. That being the case, Bush and the Republican Party have apparently made a concerted effort to engage the Black community. In his campaigning, Bush has been trying to offer African Americans an “alternative.” Of course, I don’t buy any of that crap, but it does bring up an interesting question. Why does any Black person in America vote republican? Are there any Black republicans in this forum? If so, let’s here from you.

I WOULDN'T CALL MYSELF A REPUBLICAN, MORE LIKE A CONSERVATIVE INDEPENDENT. MY PROBLEM WITH THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY IS THAT IT TAKES US FOR GRANTED. THEY'VE COME TO EXPECT OUR VOTE, OR AT THE LEAST THAT WE WON'T VOTE FOR ANY OTHER PARTY. THINGS LIKE SOCIAL SECURITY REFORM, THE FAIR TAX AMENDMENT, AND WELFARE REFORM ARE ALL ISSUES THAT SOME CONSERVATIVE PARTIES BELIEVE STRONGLY IN. THE DEMOCRATS PROMISE BLACK FOLKS A POT OF GOLD WHICH IS UN-REALISTIC. JOHN KERRY SAYING HE WANTED TO BE OUR "SECOND BLACK PRESIDENT" WAS AN INSULT, AND THE BLACK FOLKS HE SAID IT TO ATE IT UP LIKE DAY OLD CHITTERLINGS. IT WOULD BE NICE IF WE ACTUALLY HAD A FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT. BILL CLINTON LOOKED AWFULLY WHITE TO ME).

THAT'S MY "BIG" OPINION.

THE PROBLEM IS THERE R ONLY TWO PARTIES. EACH OF WHICH TAKE BRIBES FROM LARGE CORPS $ SPEC INTEREST GROUPS. I AM NO CLINTON FAN I FEEL HE WAS HARMFUL TO BLKS IN AMERICA AND IN AFRICA, HOWEVER COMPARE THE CLINTON YRS TO THE DUBYA BUSH YRS AND I THINK ULL C WHY BLKS VOTE DEM PRIMARILY. THE LESSOR OF TWO EVILS, ANY BLK REP IS A FOOL. I DNT CARE ABOUT PERSONAL CHOICES, AND CONSERVATIVSM THE REP PARTY IS A FRONT 4 THE KKK (AS R MANY DEMS) SO ANY BLK REP SHOULD B TAKEN OUT BACK AND SHOT...

PEACE WORLD

My theory is that the Republican party reaches out to some weaker-minded Black voters by playing into the homophobia that exists within our community, and they bought it hook, line, and sinker. I've talked to some Black Repubs and the gay-marriage issue is always the first one that comes up. I can't believe that they can't see past this feeble attempt to divide our community.

It would be foolish to think that all black people vote democratic, because not all black people think the same way, or vote based on the same things. A black businessman might vote republican because he's wealthy and he wants to stay wealthy. A black christian might vote republican because of the conservative views, and because of the opposition of gay marriages and abortions. Those are just surface reasons that i've seen as reasons black people vote. The republicans won mainly on the whole gay marriages and abortion issue, even though the claim still has to be brought through the supreme court, which I think was really stupid.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back