Black People : a question bout printing

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Therious, Sep 8, 2007.

1. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    Hello Fam,

i should post this in the business section but want everyone to read since u neva know where your info will come from.

i am looking to sell some novelty items and would like to know if any one knows of a machine that can print pictures on toilet paper? i have researched online butcan only find companies that sell printed tp for expensive. if any one has any info let me know.

therious

2. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Peace Therious!

I've worked with printers for the last seven years and have never come across such a machine. There is "custom printed toilet paper" but usually for display.

I had a client years ago who came up with the idea to print advertising on the toilet paper in rest rooms. That idea when down the toilet. Only because he wanted the user to be able to use it as well.

It's not impossible, just expensive. Toilet paper companies that print patterns on toilet paper use very large machines to do so. Also most of them manufacture these own papers that fit the machines. These papers come in giant rolls that is then cut down later into the rolls we purchase on the market.

You should still do more research and find something conducive to your budget or business plan. But don't research toilet paper manufacturing perse. Research the materials toilet paper is made from, and the special dyes you will need for on skin contact.

http://www.jeremyinc.com/
    http://www.enotes.com/how-products-encyclopedia/toilet-paper

If you want to print on toilet paper for just display, you're fine. You can use a regular printer than does thermal imaging on soft paper.