Health and Wellness : A product of aspirin blocks cell death associated with Alzheimer's, Parkinson's and Huntington's

Discussion in 'Black Health and Wellness' started by Clyde C Coger Jr, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079
    In the Spirit of Good news,

A breakdown product of aspirin blocks cell death associated with Alzheimer's, Parkinson's and Huntington's diseases

A new study finds that a component of aspirin binds to an enzyme called GAPDH, which is believed to play a major role in neurodegenerative diseases, including Alzheimer's, Parkinson's and Huntington's diseases ...

http://medicalxpress.com/news/2015-11-breakdown-product-aspirin-blocks-cell.html

[​IMG]
    Derivatives of aspirin may yield new treatments for neurodegenerative diseases. Credit: Patricia Waldron

2. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    Brother Clyde

Your article about aspirin and its benefits. When I saw the culprit ASPIRIN...
    TV showing class action suits for blood thinner deaths and hospitalization. For elders, be careful if they are prescribing aspirin and other heart medications.

Aspirin is used to treat blood thinning as well in heart attack victims.

Most elderly are heart attack candidates. There is this one thinner besides
    Xarelto and Pradaxa along with several others that are killing folks.

Aspirin being now targeted to Alzheimer's patients who are especially elderly possibly on heart pills like nitro, are using some of the other dangerous blood thinners doctors are prescribing Xarelto and Pradaxa. Thin the blood to much and the side effects are liver damage, bleeding hospitalization and death.

I am sensing some (EVIL) nefarious dealings.
    The elderly are not receiving the best care in a conspiratorial fashion.

3. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

Understood HODEE, however, the article doesn't employ elders or anyone to begin taking aspirin to cure Alzheimers, etc... Instead, the caption below explains the break-through:

"Derivatives of aspirin may yield new treatments for neurodegenerative diseases. Credit: Patricia Waldron"

Nevertheless, you are absolutely correct about pancaking medicines in such a way that augment danger zones relative to our health. Hopefully, no one will misconstrue what appears to be a breakthrough towards curing Alzheimer with a component of aspirin that binds to an enzyme called GAPDH.

• Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List
  4. HODEE

United States
    (RF) Technician
    Ratings:
    +795
    Brother Clyde
    Thanks for your reply
    I am not attempting to minimize your article or it's findings. I use aspirin when needed.

From what I have looked up about GAPDH it is both a well needed enzyme ( IN HUMANS ) and as several other articles I quickly read suggest does have some cell death properties.

========================
    The title of your article implies clearly that this break thru is something that blocks cell death associated with Alzheimer's, Parkinson, and Huntington's Disease.

==============================

Let me first share something. Someone very close to me recently died from aspirin, blood thinner and heart medication, All prescribed by the same doctor, and him being the drug, revenue pusher expected of him within the medical association. The Incompetent staff refused to administer nitro ( already prescribe and was on hand ) even after it was stated by the victim. They were having a heart attack. Aspirin also aided in kidney failure and dehydration, because while waiting for test to be run. Dehydration set in because no IV fluids were given. Aspirin a chronic overdose. This may happen if your kidneys do not work correctly or when you are dehydrated.

He Failed miserably to really know or share or possibly didn't know this particular blood thinner when coupled with aspirin this doctor was off on his golfing tee time when needed I understand and couldn't be reached by cell or otherwise. when his patient needed him.

From my reading and understanding of this particular blood thinner is a very lethal cocktail. So don't take offense. I haven't named the blood thinner yet because I have to ask my sister the name and spelling of the drug again.

If the use of aspirin increases for many who may choose to ward off Alzheimer's, Parkinson, and Huntington's Disease. There are well document dangers of over consumption of aspirin. I'm not going to list a lot of them but one is stomach ulcers.

https://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/002542.htm
    An overdose of aspirin means you have too much aspirin in your body. ... Acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin) can be found in many prescription and ... stomach pain; Nausea; Vomiting, may cause an ulcer or irritation of the stomach known as gastritis.

Aspirin overdose

An overdose of aspirin means you have too much aspirin in your body.
    This can happen in two ways:

If a person accidentally or intentionally takes a very large dose of aspirin at one time, it is called an acute overdose.

If a normal daily dose of aspirin builds up in the body over time and causes symptoms, it is called a chronic overdose. This may happen if your kidneys do not work correctly or when you are dehydrated. Chronic overdoses are usually seen in older people during hot weather.

==============
    I believe the medical profession may start manipulating aspirin, something already well established that will not cost them a lot, but will cost us a lot.
    A lot just to get one. PRICE INCREASES!!

No longer over the counter.
    ==============
    GAPDH

http://www.phosphosite.org/proteinAction.do?id=4110&showAllSites=true
    Additionally, it participates in apoptosis, membrane trafficking, iron metabolism, nuclear activities and receptor mediated cell signaling. Its subcellular localization changes reflecting its multiple activities.
    =========================
    http://www.nature.com/cdd/journal/v16/n12/full/cdd2009137a.html

However, its role in cell death is unclear; whereas some studies point toward a proapoptotic function, others describe a protective role and suggest its participation in tumor progression.
    In this study, we highlight recent findings and discuss potential mechanisms through which cells regulate GAPDH to fulfill its diverse functions to influence cell fate.

• List
  5. HODEE

United States
    (RF) Technician
    Ratings:
    +795
    I just don't see fixing one leg ( metaphorically thinking ) and breaking another in this new scientific break-thru with aspirin.
    While they are using this enzyme in aspirin to aid brain disorders they willfully and knowingly will be inhibiting many other benefits of GAPDH

www.nature.com/scitable/topicpage/microtubules-and...

6. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

First, my sincere condolences to your lost Brother HODEE, it had to have been a woeful experience.

Its safe to say the break-through is in its early stages, however. And the logic, to use salicylic acid to bind to GAPDH, is understandable and hopeful toward blocking cell death associated with Alzheimer's, Parkinson's and Huntington's diseases.

"A better understanding of how salicylic acid and its derivatives regulate the activities of GAPDH and HMGB1, coupled with the discovery of much more potent synthetic and natural derivatives of salicylic acid, provide great promise for the development of new and better salicylic acid-based treatments of a wide variety of prevalent, devastating diseases," said Klessig.

Source: Article in the OP.

• List
  7. HODEE

United States
    (RF) Technician
    Ratings:
    +795
    Brother Clyde

Aspirin too I was just reading is a ( NSAID ) which is Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs
    That can surely cause stomach bleeding in anyone over sixty.
    That increases if heart medicine is included.

8. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

No problem Brother HODEE, I know how you fell, I felt the same way four (4) years ago after my Mother's death.

• List
  9. HODEE

United States
    (RF) Technician
    Ratings:
    +795
    The issue for this new break thru will be getting the salicylic acid to bind to selected GAPDH, cells. If they have already work out how to target and select only certain cells. More power to the discovery.

10. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

And my Mother had Alzheimer.