Black People : A Possible Solution For Black Businesses

$$RICH$$ said:
being in this kind of business , i can tell you first hand it 's not the product
or the hourly time open nor was it a unfairly treated customer it's true we
as people don't support our own , i took time to do a base check on how
people think and shop and what i found was not shocking but a disapointment
to black vendors / owners & small businesses .

The Base is to support our black businesses which we failed to do and still
doing , to this day 67% of my customers are white while 25% other race
show me that my very own people lack to support a black Business.

After doing my home work on these numbers making massive changes to give
my people what they want , it still failed the support base needed we just don't
support blacks as blacks .

67 and 25 don't equal 100...what's the rest?

Ralfa'il said:
Isaiah

I believe the he was right to in most cases.

I know a few bruthaz who seem to have thier own business for the sole purpose of kicking people out!

You walk up in thier and you have to be careful of how you talk to them and you better not disagree with anything they say or they'll tell you to get the hell out of his "stablishment".

He'll tell you quick that this is HIS "bidness" and he's running thangs.

But you know who can run a business excellently?

Educated black females.

I must admit I've never seen the networking and customer service skills that could match that of a sista who is focused on what she's doing.

I go to a barbershop owned by 2 young women with degrees where the service is excellent and the prices are decent.

They know how to work their customers and give shaves, shampoos, facial massages and everything else you wouldn't expect from a typical barbershop.

I know another group of sistaz who are attorneys and have their own firm.
Sistaz' games are air-tight and have clients all over the state from athelets to politicians.

Sistaz open up a "Gigi's" hair-n-things salons and do so much business that the Koreans across the street just have to close down.
THEN the sistaz buy up the property and open up a "Gigi's pt II"

Now you don't find that type of professionalism among most uneducated young black women or black men of all stratus period.

I don't know what it is.

I guess it's a pride and ego thing that won't allow many of our people to humble themselves as servants of the public.

It has to be about focus and dedication, plus determination.

okay i totally disagree with this. i am a black male, i run my own business and i have no pedegree. it comes down to the person, wether theyre a good business person or not. not wether theyre m or f, not wether they paid $100,ooo for a piece of paper that has degree typed on it.

im tired of this trend in amerikkka some how even our own people want to divide black males and females.

there is a barber shop around the corner run owned by a black man(managed by his wife), great service, and good prices.

Therious

okay i totally disagree with this. i am a black male, i run my own business and i have no pedegree. it comes down to the person, wether theyre a good business person or not. not wether theyre m or f, not wether they paid $100,ooo for a piece of paper that has degree typed on it.
So because YOU PERSONALLY don't fit the profile of a typical AfroAmerican business, that means all the other's are just like yours?

I'm speaking in general terms bro, most of our businesses are jacked up and shoddy.

Straight up.

im tired of this trend in amerikkka some how even our own people want to divide black males and females.
I'm tired of it too, but unfortunatly it's a reality in our community today because too many of our women are out-doing us.

there is a barber shop around the corner run owned by a black man(managed by his wife), great service, and good prices
How can it be ran by him but managed by his wife?

Again, you can bring up a dozen exceptions....

I just had my car windshield installed by a black detailer a few months ago and he did a superb job; that doesn't erase the countless negative and lest than satisfactory experiences I've had with most AfroAmerican businesses where too often they cut corners and give poor customer service.

River suggested that we expand our base of operation with regard to black businesses and go where the money is; I was saying that we have to get the basics of quality service down pat first.

My point isn't that every single black business is corrupt; my point is that as a people we need to improve our business and networking skills in order to effectively compete with others and not only keep capital in our communities but generate more.

To suggest those few examples you brought up should counter my point is like saying because you and I don't smoke crack, there is no drug problem in black America.

FiveAlive the other 8% was my own people it's clear that the numbers
of support of blacks are so few and i had a chance to go deeper and
fine out why so many shy away from supporting their own .................

Ralfa'il said:
Therious

So because YOU PERSONALLY don't fit the profile of a typical AfroAmerican business, that means all the other's are just like yours?

I'm speaking in general terms bro, most of our businesses are jacked up and shoddy.

Straight up.

I'm tired of it too, but unfortunatly it's a reality in our community today because too many of our women are out-doing us.

How can it be ran by him but managed by his wife?

Again, you can bring up a dozen exceptions....

I just had my car windshield installed by a black detailer a few months ago and he did a superb job; that doesn't erase the countless negative and lest than satisfactory experiences I've had with most AfroAmerican businesses where too often they cut corners and give poor customer service.

River suggested that we expand our base of operation with regard to black businesses and go where the money is; I was saying that we have to get the basics of quality service down pat first.

My point isn't that every single black business is corrupt; my point is that as a people we need to improve our business and networking skills in order to effectively compete with others and not only keep capital in our communities but generate more.

To suggest those few examples you brought up should counter my point is like saying because you and I don't smoke crack, there is no drug problem in black America.

i agree customer service quality is a serious issue in african american businesses.

as far as our women out performing us. Not to make excuses for lazy *** brothers but the weight is much heavier on a mans shoulders. i mean white males tolerate women because they are less threatening, and they want to sleep with them .

as far as business i dont know about you but I see black men and women owning their own biz.

ive noticed these same "successful' women tend to be in extreme denile of racism and allow them selves to be buttered up by white men. and are nothing but modern day housed out slaves (oprah comes to mind).

also its not not only black men, its all men, white women are supposedly doing better than white men. this is due to the fact male nature tends to be live it up before you die...party party party. saying in todays evil greedy world men of all races are sying id rather get drunk and get laid then be stressed out chasing money, or having some a-hole boss be little me. its a mans nature to speak your mind, im sorry if your in a corporation youll always have to bite your toungue, not as much depending on what type of biz u own.
where as women are submissive and materialistic by nature, so they have no problem giving up freedom for money.

as far as the barber shop i miss spoke, i meant dude pops in and out. his wife is there more than him thats all. he seems to be executive, she is more operations feel me? however he usually shows up to check in, he speaks to all of the customers and invites them back.

I do agree there is a problem, but to generalize is like saying since so many blacks are on crack, were all on crack...ya know

one

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back