Black People : A Possible Solution For Black Businesses

That chicken and egg scenario is so ubuquitous.

Okay you start with some bad habits that some people exhibit, turn it into a stereotype and apply it to the whole race. People then avoid Black businneses because of the bad rep. That means the Black businneses aren't getting too much money so they can't aford to stock everything. Employee morale is low. When a customer does stray in he/she absorbs the employee's frustration at the people who aren't coming in. Customer says "This isn't a stereotype. It's true. Black folks crazy."

How can we educate vendors to break out of this cycle? No matter how vicious a cycle is it's easy to break out of it. All it takes is one party to not do their part and the cycle is broken--at least for that party. Every vendor who realizes the necessity of sacrifice and like Ralf said takes making money seriously will soon find himself out of the cycle and into the money.

kente417mojo said:
That's halarious. Honestly, from what I've seen, this is true on some ends. Like never having everything on the menu. That's true in my experiences. The only other gripe I would have is that many African American businesses (that I've come across) are super-expensive compared to other stores. For whatever reason, I'm not sure, but in my experience, they tend to be. Obviously, not all stores open late, overcharge and understock, and we should not try to make it seem like all black owned businesses are that way, because I'm sure there are many great African American stores. We do need to compete in other areas and locations because unfortunately we do not support our own businessses.

Yeah, that was halarious, Ralfa'il(Haaaa!) But, unfortunately true... What's funny is that we all live in different regions of the country, and see the same junk from our folks... It cannot be untrue by any stretch of the imagination...

But then some years ago, George Subira wrote that Black folks don't go into business to make money, but to be The BOSS... Being the boss means doing things YOUR WAY, no matter how terrible YOUR WAY is to the customer..

Militant is saying that AFrica doesn't need aid... He says we need to do the right thing with the aid we're getting... Oh, well, chalk this behavior up to White Supremacy and self-hatred... Can't be our own incompetency...

Peace!
Isaiah

Isaiah

But then some years ago, George Subira wrote that Black folks don't go into business to make money, but to be The BOSS... Being the boss means doing things YOUR WAY, no matter how terrible YOUR WAY is to the customer..
I believe the he was right to in most cases.

I know a few bruthaz who seem to have thier own business for the sole purpose of kicking people out!

You walk up in thier and you have to be careful of how you talk to them and you better not disagree with anything they say or they'll tell you to get the hell out of his "stablishment".

He'll tell you quick that this is HIS "bidness" and he's running thangs.

But you know who can run a business excellently?

Educated black females.

I must admit I've never seen the networking and customer service skills that could match that of a sista who is focused on what she's doing.

I go to a barbershop owned by 2 young women with degrees where the service is excellent and the prices are decent.

They know how to work their customers and give shaves, shampoos, facial massages and everything else you wouldn't expect from a typical barbershop.

I know another group of sistaz who are attorneys and have their own firm.
Sistaz' games are air-tight and have clients all over the state from athelets to politicians.

Sistaz open up a "Gigi's" hair-n-things salons and do so much business that the Koreans across the street just have to close down.
THEN the sistaz buy up the property and open up a "Gigi's pt II"

Now you don't find that type of professionalism among most uneducated young black women or black men of all stratus period.

I don't know what it is.

I guess it's a pride and ego thing that won't allow many of our people to humble themselves as servants of the public.

It has to be about focus and dedication, plus determination.

Problem is Ralfa'il, most educated Africans wanna bust there booty for the Whtie Man(smile!) Only uneducated Blacks want to work for themselves, because they know that all the White man has for them is hard work and low-*** pay...

By the Way, Ralfa'il, did you know that sister Kwango had a crush on you at one time???(startin' somethin'!)

Peace!
Isaiah

Ralfa'il said:
Isaiah
I believe the he was right to in most cases.

I know a few bruthaz who seem to have thier own business for the sole purpose of kicking people out!

You walk up in thier and you have to be careful of how you talk to them and you better not disagree with anything they say or they'll tell you to get the hell out of his "stablishment".

He'll tell you quick that this is HIS "bidness" and he's running thangs.

But you know who can run a business excellently?

Educated black females.

I must admit I've never seen the networking and customer service skills that could match that of a sista who is focused on what she's doing.

I go to a barbershop owned by 2 young women with degrees where the service is excellent and the prices are decent.

They know how to work their customers and give shaves, shampoos, facial massages and everything else you wouldn't expect from a typical barbershop.

I know another group of sistaz who are attorneys and have their own firm.
Sistaz' games are air-tight and have clients all over the state from athelets to politicians.

Sistaz open up a "Gigi's" hair-n-things salons and do so much business that the Koreans across the street just have to close down.
THEN the sistaz buy up the property and open up a "Gigi's pt II"

Now you don't find that type of professionalism among most uneducated young black women or black men of all stratus period.

I don't know what it is.

I guess it's a pride and ego thing that won't allow many of our people to humble themselves as servants of the public.

It has to be about focus and dedication, plus determination.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back