Black People : A Possible Solution For Black Businesses

river

Watch Her Flow
REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
A lot of Black venders comkplain that the Black community does not support their business.

Why not go where the money is, get the money and bring it back to the community? Asians don't complain that their people don't support their business because their business is in our neighborhoods selling the things we buy. Then they take their profits--guess where.

We can see from the Asians that having a business in a neighborhood does not necessarily help that neighborhood if the owner take the people's money and invest it elsewhere.

So why not take our business to where the money is--where the business is. Isn't it time we profited on our influence in this country instead of letting everyone else capitalize off our culture? Sell your stuff to the people who have a history of buying it then bring the profits--guess where.

Make sense?

River

Why not go where the money is, get the money and bring it back to the community? Asians don't complain that their people don't support their business because their business is in our neighborhoods selling the things we buy. Then they take their profits--guess where.

So why not take our business to where the money is--where the business is. Isn't it time we profited on our influence in this country instead of letting everyone else capitalize off our culture? Sell your stuff to the people who have a history of buying it then bring the profits--guess where.
Are you suggesting that black businesses start targeting white neighborhoods/customers?

....like the hiphop industry has done?

I think it's a great idea to target a wider consumer base but the biggest problem with black businesses in my opinion is punctuality and courtesy.

Most of them don't open up on time, close too early or for meaningless reasons and the employees usually have poor customer relations skills and have slack attitudes.

The Chinese resturant and beauty supply store is open EVERYDAY from 9am to midnight regardless of New Years or Christmas day.
Most black businesses are closed on Sundays and Mondays, even the ones who claim to be Muslim close on Sundays for some reason.

The Chinese always got everything on the menu; but the black business only has half of what they advertise and still have to send by one of the kids to run to the corner store and grab a pack of chicken wings.

The Arabs, Indians, and Italians are the same as the Chinese.

They are serious about making money and make sure the customer is satisfied.

We have to get BACK to being the same way if we intend to be successful.

Ralfa'il said:
River

Are you suggesting that black businesses start targeting white neighborhoods/customers?

....like the hiphop industry has done?

I think it's a great idea to target a wider consumer base but the biggest problem with black businesses in my opinion is punctuality and courtesy.

Most of them don't open up on time, close too early or for meaningless reasons and the employees usually have poor customer relations skills and have slack attitudes.

The Chinese resturant and beauty supply store is open EVERYDAY from 9am to midnight regardless of New Years or Christmas day.
Most black businesses are closed on Sundays and Mondays, even the ones who claim to be Muslim close on Sundays for some reason.

The Chinese always got everything on the menu; but the black business only has half of what they advertise and still have to send by one of the kids to run to the corner store and grab a pack of chicken wings.

The Arabs, Indians, and Italians are the same as the Chinese.

They are serious about making money and make sure the customer is satisfied.

We have to get BACK to being the same way if we intend to be successful.

That's halarious. Honestly, from what I've seen, this is true on some ends. Like never having everything on the menu. That's true in my experiences. The only other gripe I would have is that many African American businesses (that I've come across) are super-expensive compared to other stores. For whatever reason, I'm not sure, but in my experience, they tend to be. Obviously, not all stores open late, overcharge and understock, and we should not try to make it seem like all black owned businesses are that way, because I'm sure there are many great African American stores. We do need to compete in other areas and locations because unfortunately we do not support our own businessses.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back