Black People : A Possible 21st Century Black Wall Street

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Blackbird, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    "A vacant Connecticut town is up for auction, and two young black hopefuls are attempting to raise funds to purchase the land and turn it into a 21st Century Black Wall Street.

Following the rise in publicized police brutality, more African Americans are viewing economic freedom as a necessity within black communities. In September, many supporters of black-owned businesses encouraged others via social media to invest in local or online companies with black owners. The call-to-action resulted in several black businesses reporting a surge in sales and even received media attention. Now, an entire town devoted to black economic empowerment may be in the works."

http://financialjuneteenth.com/black-activists-raise-money-to-purchase-abandoned-town/

2. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736

Thank you!

More stories and information like this is needed.
    I actually came on Destee with thoughts of networking with others, to my chagrin this didn't turn out to by the place for that.

But relaying information and stories like this does keep the inspiration going and allow me and others to continue attempts to network and build together.