A Possibility to Consider?

Discussion in 'Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions' started by anAfrican, May 31, 2010.

1. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    at the top of the "recent thread" list, on the front page, it says "Title, Username, & Date". i've often wondered about the date that the thread was started as i'm reading the front page. ('course, i do realize that one can find that out if one clicks on the thread title and starts reading the thread from there, but ...)

would it be terribly tricky to add the date after the thread starter's name?

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Brother anAfrican ... hmmmm ... i understand what you're saying, but doing it your way would make all of the threads appear to be "old stuff" even though new thoughts have been added. I think it would be worse than it is now, as right now, everything appears current, even if the initial post was many moons ago.

I don't know if I like the idea, but I will look into seeing if we can do it, see how it looks, and maybe even give it a try.

How about that?

Thanks for the suggestion ... Love You!

:heart:

Destee

3. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    love you too. :SuN030: mmm-mm! :qqb015: can i come play in all that hair? :lol:

but "doing it my way" would not lose the date/time stamp of the last post; that would not change. it would give the "old stuff" the respect of noting how long it has been a discussion item on the board, as well as showing the "freshness" of the "new thoughts".

what i measn is, in the first column there would be the thread title, with the originator's name under the title, and directly beside the name, in the same column, would be the date (time wouldn't be needed) that the thread was created. the last posted column would still have the name of last poster and the date/time of the last post.

sorry i didn't get right back, not only has it been stupid/crazy around the house here, but it's been really busy around the org what with the weather breaking (a little bit) getting folks out of the shelters (meaning fewer people to do our work) and the org administrator being in and out of the hospital with his heart condition. i think it might have actually peaked a couple hours before you responded and i've been running since. i'm about out on my feet but wanted to get back to you on this before i go pass out for a few hours ... and then get right back into it. (combined funders annual report time and gotta go back through 2009's files and maybe 08 and 07 in some instances. good thing we've got until the end of this month but it's still a bunch.)

"love and happiness" [sing along folks: "love can make you do right ..."]