Black Money Business Jobs : A Ponzi Scheme -- To Be Forewarned Is To Be Forearmed!!!

Discussion in 'Black Money Business Jobs' started by Fine1952, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Fine1952

Fine1952 Happy Winter Solstice MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,781
    In this world one should definitely be on the watch for any and all types of pyramid-people building schemes. If it's too good to be true -- it probably is.

:jumping:

Not long ago a so-Called friend invited me to her house for dinner. Eye thought nothing of the invite because eye've known this person for quite a long time. It didn't even matter that she is a Christian. What did matter was the fact that she invited me to her home knowing that a representative from Legal Shield would be in attendance and didn't tell me before hand --eye certainly would have let her know in advance.

:wink:

Wise ole owl that eye am, Eye let the rep know up front that eye was not interesting in her company nor her company's products. This did not deter the rep who kept pitching her product as though it were the best deal on the market.

:p

It was on that occasion that eye remembered my Son being involved in some sort of company with similar attributea ---called Pre-paid Legal. I texted him and he confirmed that this was the same scheme just different name. He said the company had never worked for he nor his wife as they had promised and he had cut them off 10 years ago.

:thinking:

Later, when eye called my so-Called friend on the apparent set up she started preaching Jesus to me. Eye didn't bash her --though eye should have, and instead let her know that it was a 'lesson learned' that eye would never forget.

:toast:

Thank Goodness eye had the common sense not to join or commit and knew to contact my son right then and there. Thank Goodness for 20-20 hindsight. She had called a week in advance which means she knew this rep would be there. She called 2 days before hand stating that she was cooking dinner --that was the bait. She called me the day of to remind me to come --that was the clincher. And then while eye was on route to her house she called to bridge me to a phone call --that was to seal the deal. It was inconvenient and eye didn't like it, yet eye listened to what the other people had to say, but said nothing. After a while eye hung up. She kept texting me over and over again. Eye did not answer because by that time eye was at her door --housewarming gift in hand.

:1on1:

The rep knew eye was coming but she didn't see me coming. :hammer:

HERE ARE A FEW PYRAMID SCAMS:
    Amway
    Mary Kay
    Nigerian Ponzi Schemes
    Prepaid Legal - now known as Legal Shield
    Time Share

...Do you know of any?

2. MS234

MS234 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,901
    I know this ain't nothing new to you Fine.
    Yea the "federal" reserve banking system. the mother of all ponzi schemes.

A dishonest unethical system, yet the masses are expected to be honest and ethical

while using it. lol

3. Fine1952

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,781
    of course --- PONZIS are not new to me...once eye get in a room full of 'em eye know exactly how to work the room.

In this isolated case eye should have asked who else was coming that way eye could have made an informed decision right then and there...like eye said LESSON LEARNED.

4. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078

Do I know of any more? Well, the social security system narrowly escapes the ponzi scheme affect, narrowly:

Is Social Security a Ponzi scheme?

One of the questions on Wonkblog’s Quora.com thread came from John Demarchi, who asked, “Is Social Security a ‘Ponzi Scheme’? If it isn’t, why isn’t it? If it is, how do we fix it?” I’ve been meaning to address this talking point for some time, so thanks, John, for giving me the opportunity.

[​IMG]

The superficial similarity to a Ponzi scheme is that different sets of investors are relying on future investors, or at least future growth, to get paid back. But that defines a Ponzi scheme so broadly as to make the term meaningless. In that definition, any intergenerational transfer system is a Ponzi scheme.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-ponzi-scheme/2011/08/25/gIQA2t0dcL_blog.html

5. Fine1952

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,781
    True. And from what eye know those folk who are less than 30 ain't gettin "ish"

Come to think of it, the IRS/Federal Reserve fall in this group.

Yet both are well entrenched and none negotiable. Eye am searching for newer, non-entrenched ponzis do you know of any?

6. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078

No, my last experience was the "Airplane," after I got off, I vowed to never get involve with get rich schemes of any nature, again ...

7. Fine1952

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,781
    Good for you...cause they ain't what they are cracked up to be.

8. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078

Thanks
    :)

A pyramid scheme is an unsustainable business model that involves promising participants payment or services, primarily for enrolling other people into the scheme, rather than supplying any real investment or sale of products or services to the public.[1][2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramid_scheme

• Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List
  9. Fine1952

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,781
    • Hospitable Hospitable x 1
    • List
  10. Clyde C Coger Jr