Law Forum : A Police Detective Called

Discussion in 'Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership' started by Destee, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    Peace and Blessings Family,

I remember a long time ago, maybe like 3 years ago or something, my Daughter called and said that she had a message on her phone from a police detective, and he was looking for my Son, her Brother.

Well, my Daughter was in school (still is), in Michigan ... and my Son and i, were here in Mobile. When she called me, looking for him, and letting us know that she received this message ... i panicked! I was like, oh my gosh, what has he done, what has he gotten himself into! He didn't know any reason why a police detective would be wanting to speak with him.

Ultimately though, my Daughter called the number back, said she was not in the same city with her Brother, and asked what it was about ... she had to leave a message too. They never contacted her again, and it was all over. Nothing ever happened.

I'm recounting this story because i panicked, just at the thought of the police wanting my Son, for anything! Now that i've watched a few programs illustrating how the police chase folk down, if they really want them, i realize my initial response might have been a little naive.

From what i can tell, when they want you, they come in with guns blazing, swat team in effect, kicking down doors and everything.

I guess they didn't really want him ... Thank God! :bowdown:

Would you panic if a police detective called, looking for your child (Son)?

:heart:

Destee

2. Demijo

Demijo Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    That's a really stressful situation and I'm sure I'd be hyperventilating.

But if I knew my son wasn't involved in anything I would help the detective out as much as possible as quickly as possible because...

Detectives might track down and talk to dozens of witnesses before making an arrest so chances are if they called you first (knowing you could have warned your son) they just wanted to ask questions. They have hundreds of other means of finding people than calling their parents.

Detectives work vs. the clock so they get frustrated or even vindictive if you delay them.

Trying to find out who the detective is and what he is looking for before giving him the information he wants will make a detective suspicious that you're trying to hide something.

A vindictive or frustrated detective, unable to catch the real criminal due to delays, who is already suspicious of you, can and will arrest and successfully prosecute your innocent son.

:court:

3. Josef

Josef Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Electrical wiring tech
    Ratings:
    +411
    yeah I would panic, then instruct him/ or her to not say a word, unless a lawyer, and not a public "pretender"( oops um... defender) was present...

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    I would indeed , mind running wild with why ! yes i would panic .......

5. blkbutterfly41

blkbutterfly41 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +483
    lol , ya know...............

6. blkbutterfly41

blkbutterfly41 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +483
    Yes, I would probably panic.

Unfortunately I don't trust the law. My eyes saw more of our kids be unjustly mis-treated and manipulated so my point of view is tainted. Unfortunately more young boys then girls.

However, I also know, If it's a phone call and not a personal visit, More likely it's not that serious.

Peace

Users found this page by searching for:

1. a detective called me today and forum