Black People : A Place to Stay (Houston, TX)

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by GodofTomorrow, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GodofTomorrow

GodofTomorrow Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +27
    Good morning!.. well, not so good morning.

I'm in a really ****** up situation and I'm looking for someone with a kind heart to give my wife and our puppy a chance to get on our feet. Going outside isn't an option. Shelters aren't an option. Our families aren't an option.

I had a bunch of jobs lined up and others which would be easy for me to get. I just got by refund check when a local hotel chain managed to swindle me out of the money I paid in advanced. The little bit of money they refunded only kept me inside for two days. Now we don't know what to do.

Can anyone offer their couch or a room for us to stay? I'm not asking anyone who it would endanger. I'm not asking anyone too elderly to help themselves. I'm not asking anyone who thinks we'll whore ourselves out to you.

I'm asking for some humanity. The same sort of humanity I will extend to you and have extended to others.

I'm letting Jesus take the wheel.

Attached Files:

2. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    Don't live in Houston, but my sincere condolences on your situation.

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    First of all ... you say you're not asking this of anyone who it might endanger ... but anyone that allows a total stranger from the Internet to stay in their home ... is putting themselves in danger. I discourage anyone from doing this.

I too have been homeless, during the life of destee.com, and there is not one post here where i asked the Family to let me live with them. I really don't appreciate you (or anyone) attempting to use destee.com in a manner that i would not use destee.com.

If your situation is as you say, you need to figure out how to use the public services available. I don't know if it's because you have a dog, and homeless shelters don't take them ... but it may be time to get rid of that dog ... focusing on what's most important, a place for you and your wife to live.

This thread is absurd. You came in talking about how much more knowledgeable and educated you were than those around you, including us, yet you weren't knowledgable enough to keep your own money from being swindled away from you? You say we're beneath you, yet you're asking to live with us? There's something really wrong with this thread ... this request for help.

You need to go to the agencies that provide these kinds of services. Destee.com is not one of these agencies.

I do not encourage anyone to let a stranger from the Internet come live on their couch.

This thread is closed.

:heart:

Destee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.