Black People : A NEW SPICE IN THE GUMBO??? LATINOS IN NOLA

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Isaiah, Nov 27, 2005.

1. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
  2. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

This should not be surprising. These are the cheap labor construction workers which will be used to replace what was largely a Black underclass, many of which were unemployed and residing in high crime, poverty stricken areas.

3. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Note:

It must be remembered that prior to the Spanish-American war there was a much larger "Latin" population in the Orleans parish.

There was a New Orleans connection to Vera Cruz and the term "Creole" itself is a Latin term.

I have many articles on this but they are in my geneaology files which I have not organized since relocating to Tejas.

Benito Juarez spent time in New Orleans and had strong ties to the Black/African population. Many Black migrated to Mexico and supported the Revolution at Juarez' request. A number settled at Sinaloa, then later Vera Cruz.

Vera Cruz and New Orleans at one time were important trading ports which received a considerable amount of shipping prior to Louisiana becoming a state within the union.

4. Dual Karnayn

Dual Karnayn Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    I don't blame the Mexicans, they see an opportunity and are taking advantage of it.

The funny part is Black people were specifically WARNED that they were trying to wipe them out and bring Mexican replacements in.

Just like it was CONFIRMED that the levees were bombed.

Just like that 64 year old educated brutha was SHOWN being beaten by racist cops.

But again, in all these incidences most Black people took no action and just continued grinning, partying, and fighting among themselves as usual.

Perhaps Mexicans SHOULD take over the city and replace us if the Black people there don't have enough sense to stand up and fight for what rightfully belongs to them.

I heard mayor Nagin and some other officals stress the importance of making sure Blacks in New Orleans retain power, but we have too many traitors and sympathizers in our ranks.

Just durning the Millions More Movement we had Black leaders talking about begging for friendship and inclusion with poor whites and Latinos....who don't care about us.

5. militant

militant Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    Yeah, whats up with those Black fools? I hear it over and over again that a unity with the poor whites will cause them to understand white power and make them defeat the machinery. What a load of BAT SQUEEZE. The poor white live in hope that there children will have easy opportunity too. They have no aims of seeing the damage white power does to them. Its like a football team. There are the players who get the millions and the fame. And there are the fans. How can one tell a fan of one team to come play for the opposite team? Isnt that studpidity of these confused black leaders at its finest?

6. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    Confusion At It's Best......IMO

Dual, Karnayn: "I don't blame the Mexicans, they see an opportunity and are taking advantage of it."

Dual Karnayn: "but we have too many traitors and sympathizers in our ranks."

:thinking: :sand:

7. Dual Karnayn

Ratings:
    +7
    Militant

Besides that, poor white people are THE most racist and intolerant of the white race.
    Most rich white people either have sense and know better than to judge people soley on color, or they are so greedy that the only color that matters to them is green.

All a poor white man thinks he has is his "white skin" to where as a badge of honor, and he goes out of his way to defend it.

Spicy

What exactly are you confused about?

8. spicybrown

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    Unless you support illegals flooding while leaving Blacks at loss, your first quote has the same aire of sympathy that you accuse the "traitors in our ranks" of having. No disrespect though, just needed a lil' clarity.
    These Mexicans are well aware of the damage they are causing our communities in particular. You can tell by their attitude toward Blacks. Why don't they "invade" another Latin country?

9. Dual Karnayn

Ratings:
    +7
    Spicy

I don't blame them for taking advantage of a situation granted to them.
    If Germany or France allowed me to come into their countries and get free education, health-care, and a good job I'd run at it in a heart beat.

I agree Mexicans need to be kept out, but they aren't gonna voluntarily turn around and go...not at this point. They have too much backing from whites who want to see them stay and us removed.

That's why it's up to AfroAmericans to either put more pressure on the government to keep them out or do something to keep them out ourselves.

I think ALL immigration except for African and Carribean should be halted for a few years until there is enough resources for those of us in the country now.

10. spicybrown

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    Thanks for explaining that. However I don't believe thay are "granted" anything. Only whites benefit from this phenomena. Once Blacks and Mexicans begin killing each other over crumbs, that will be a joyous day for whites. By the time this happens(God forbid), they would've milked the Mexicans for cheap labor, and will not be urged to intercept the tensions between us. If border patrol were properly funded, this wouldn't even take place. It is an outright lie to say those jobs are what Blacks won't even do, for we have collectively, the most physical stamina, yet are not willing to buckle down and be overworked and underpaid AGAIN. Simply a parasitic circular mumbo-jumbo filled pot'o'crock. I can't see why they don't emigrate to their Latin neighboring countries. This way they don't have to worry about a culture clash, or language barrier.