Black People : A NATION OF THUMBSUCKERS??

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by oldiesman, Jun 11, 2009.

1. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    bear with me my people this is something that i can no longer be silent about,now i know i'm[old school]as they say today[good for me]and we've talked about the pants sagging but what in the h...is with this sucking of the thumbs that has taken ahold of our young people and i'm not just talking about the high schoolers[which is bad enough]but there are college students doing it too and before one of you freedom fighters jumps in with[this is another curse from whites]let me say that i have yet to see a white teen with a thumb in the mouth[oh and i'm around alot of youngsters black and white]no my people this is a stupidity that we are doing all by ourselves and before some of you phychologist come in here with that[well these children were more than likely taken off the bottle too soon as babies..give me a break..this is a STUPID DISGUSTING HABIT that ain't cute or cool in the lease.

2. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    I have never understood this either Brother Oldiesman.

I have known grown men and women in their 30s and 40s who still suck their thumbs, but at least in privacy.

My opinion is if you're ashamed enough to hide it, you ought to be ashamed enough to STOP IT.

Heck, I can't stand seeing a child past the age of 2 sucking a thumb, much less a grown-up!

3. Putney Swope

Putney Swope Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +139
    Never seen older then grade school do it up here, maybe a young girl up to 15, but may have been abused , but if you see college age then that is scary, I mean realy cause for shock, scary

4. oldiesman

Ratings:
    +120
    yes brother i see it everyday and it breaks my heart.

5. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    true; not pretty.

but i'd wonder if it might be some sort of an indicator of insecurity? really, given our state today, i would think it could be said that we are insecure - wondering what's going on, where it's gonna go and how the crash, (societal, not economic), is gonna go down.

6. Putney Swope

Putney Swope Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +139
    a massive regression to infantilism, interesting!

7. oldiesman

Ratings:
    +120
    hahahahaha,i tell you this putney,if i actually see a grown[a..]adult sucking mike out of a baby bottle i'm gonna lose it...of course in todays world who knows what's next.