Black People : A Nation Can Rise No Higher...

Nisa said:
Solomon said, “A wise child maketh a glad father, but a foolish child is the heaviness of its mother.” If you have an ignorant woman, more than likely she will produce children after her own kind. Whatever you are, that is what you produce. If the Nation is going to be elevated, the woman has to be lifted up. If the Nation is going to be a wise Nation, then our women have to give themselves to the acquisition of knowledge. If the Nation is going to be reformed and made better, then the Black woman today has to give herself up to be reformed.

The Honorable Elijah Muhammad said that 75 percent of his work was with the woman, only 25 percent with the man—because when you teach a man, you teach an individual, but when you teach a woman, you teach a nation. When you reform a man, you only reform an individual, but when you reform a woman, you reform a nation. So, how important are you, Sisters, to the future of Black people? How should you look upon yourselves and how should we, as men, look upon a woman?

That's deep.

Sodwn2earth said:
I'm in agreeance with Nisa. I think that we as woman don't understand how much power we truly have. As a young woman, I look at my female peers and see them relying on boys that have yet to become men; that continually lead them in the wrong direction. And the worst of it is that they actually follow. When will they realize that they must first be what it is they seek? They must break away from the cycle and forge their own way first.

Right,it is such a blessing for a woman to understand her power...we must get that knowledge and understanding back..i am on my way..i was lost..found my way back ..i know my proper place..

Message to My Sistas
by Assata Shakur
http://www.*****************/sistas.htm

At this time I'd like to say a few words especially to my sisters:
SISTERS.

BLACK PEOPLE WILL NEVER BE FREE UNLESS BLACK WOMEN PARTICIPATE IN
EVERY ASPECT OF OUR STRUGGLE, ON EVERY LEVEL OF OUR STRUGGLE.

I think that Black women, more than anybody on the face of the
earth, recognize the urgency of our situation. Because it is We who
come face to face daily with the institutions of our oppression. And
because it is We who have borne the major responsibility of raising
our children. And it is We who have to deal with the welfare systems
that do not care about the welfare of our children. And it is We who
have to deal with the school systems that do not educate our
children. It is We who have to deal with the racist teachers who
teach our children to hate themselves. It is We who have seen the
terrible effects of racism on our children.

I JUST WANT TO TAKE A MOMENT OUT TO EXPRESS MY LOVE TO ALL OF YOU
WHO RISK YOUR LIVES DAILY STRUGGLING OUT HERE ON THE FRONT LINES.

We who have watched our young grow too old, too soon. We who have
watched our children come home angry and frustrated and seen them
grow more bitter, more disillusioned with the passing of each day.
And We who have seen the sick, trapped look on the faces of our
children when they come to fully realize what it means to be Black
in Amerikkka. And we know what deprivation is. How many times have
We run out of bus fare, rent money, food money and how many times
have our children gone to school in hand-me-down clothes, with holes
in their shoes. We know what a hell-hole Amerikkka is. We're afraid
to let our children go out and play. We're afraid to walk the
streets at night.

We sisters, We have seen our young, the babies that We brought into
this world with such great hopes for, We have seen their bodies
bloated and aching from drugs, scarred and deformed by bullet holes.
We know what oppression is. We have been abused in every way
imaginable. We have been abused economically, politically. We have
been abused physically, and We have been abused sexually. And
sisters, We have a long and glorious history of struggle on this
land! /planet. Afrikan women were strong and courageous warriors long
before

We came to this country in chains. And here in Amerikkka, our sisters
have been on the front lines. Sister Harriet Tubman led the
underground railroad. And sisters like Rosa Parks, Fannie Lou
Hammer, Sandra Pratt and our Queen Mother Moore have carried it on.
Sisters, We have been the backbone of our communities, and We have
got to be the backbone of our nation. We have got to build strong
family units, based on love and struggle. We don't have no time to
play around.

If Black women would adhere to this Warrior-Sista's words like it was law and the constitution, put it on the wall, recite it everyday...say it before you pray... we would be a revolutionary explosive people! Here is the last part of Message to My Sistas by Assata Shakur

A REVOLUTIONARY WOMAN CAN'T HAVE NO REACTIONARY MAN.

If he's not about liberation, if he's not about struggle, if he ain't about building a strong Black nation then he ain't about nothing. We know how to struggle. We know how to struggle and finagle to survive. We know what it means, sisters, to struggle tooth and nail. We know what it means to struggle with love. We know what unity is. We know what sisterhood is. We have always been kind to each other, brought each other hot soup and biscuits. We have always helped each other through the hard times. Sisters, We must celebrate Afrikan womanhood. We don't want to be like Miss Ann. She can keep her false eyelashes and her false, despoiled image of womanhood. She can keep her mink stole and her French provincial furniture. We will define for ourselves what womanhood is. And We will create our own style and our own ways of dress. We can't have no white man in France telling Afrikan women what to look like. We will create our own New Afrikan way of living. We will create our own way of being and living our own New Afrikan culture, taking the best of the old and mixing it with the new.

SISTERS WE HAVE GOT TO TAKE CONTROL OF OUR LIVES AND OUR FUTURE WHEREVER WE ARE. AND WE HAVE GOT TO ORGANIZE OURSELVES INTO A STRONG BODY OF AFRIKAN WOMEN.

I'm really in tune with this part:

"We will create our own New Afrikan way of living. We will create our own way of being and living our own New Afrikan culture, taking the best of the old and mixing it with the new."

when a Black woman talks like that, and mean it and attempt to live up to it..."by any means necessary"...than that really makes me stand up and take notice...this really is the highest form of African beauty. All jokes aside, like I've said, "truth from a black woman's mouth and exemplified in her life, is almost erotic"

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back