Black People : A must read...

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by happy69, Jul 7, 2004.

1. happy69

happy69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    http://www.truthnews.net/world/2004070037.htm

On the television I have been able to only get sketchy information about this going on. I have heard nothing from the Sudanese here in America.

Isn't Kofi Annan in a powerful position to stop this?

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,735
    yes, if he wanted to.

3. happy69

Ratings:
    +5
    So, I guess that he doesn't care? Of what use is Condi, Collin, and Kofi-especially, if they cannot howl about this?

Just organ grider Monkeys.

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    indeed one hold the power to end it but question is do one care !

5. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    I couldn't open the link--it told me to try later! :look: What was the article about? I would appreciate it if someone would summarize it for me and lay out the facts.

Thanks,
    Queenie :spinstar:

6. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    I couldn't open the link either...could you summarize the article Happy69? I am sure it is probably about slavery & the war in the Sudan, but I'd like to be sure.

7. happy69

Ratings:
    +5
    I will see if I can redo the link.

It was about the atrocities that are going on in the Sudan. It questions the inaction of Collin Powell and Kofi Anan; who the writer asks, Why are they not lashing out about the genocide that is happening to their "Brothers"... how come they have not called this genocide-- genocide?

It questions the U.S. and the European Unions inactions... why they are always ready to help places like Isreal and even Iraq... but are standing by and watching as Arabs --- funded by the Sudanese Government--- are killing these people in their own land; and are boldly pronouncing that, "No Blacks Here!"

The writer to me is a bit anti-Arab, because he says that the Palestinians are racist too-- that kinda watered down his argument to me because to me what happened to the Palestinians is akin to what is happening to the Sudanese and what is slowly but surely going to happen to Us here.

8. happy69

Ratings:
    +5
    www.truthnews.net is down right now.... when they get the site back up read the article. I think the title is There They Go Again, Racist Arabs.

you could go to the site, but you will have to registered to read.

9. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    This highlights what I have told you about before sister Happy69: The dangers of African Americans developing an isolationist attitude towards our sisters & brothers throughout the Diaspora. It was apathy & isolationist thinking that played a deciding factor in the colonization of African, and a contributing factor in the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade. We can't afford to dismiss the oppression & abuse of those with black skin, simply because they don't live where we live. Colin Powell & Kofi Annan (who is married to a white Jew) are both disgraces. What is the point of having black people in these positions, if they do no look at for black people? New FOX TV Special: "When the talented 10th go bad"

PS. Ironically I wrote an article criticizing Powell's inaction on Slavery in the Sudan 3 years ago. Here is a link to a reprint of the article on the PanAfrican Forum:

http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?p=239683#post239683

10. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Yes Brother Pan, I was going to mention earlier who Kofi is married to but decided against it thinking well, that may not be relevant. But I'm glad you brought it up because now that I read what the article is about, it may have an overwhelming influence that explains why he's silent on this issue.

Queenie :spinstar: