Black People : A Mixed Race Rant - Rewrite

phynxofkemet

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 11, 2008
eartH (Heart) is my home
Occupation
child care provider
Why I disklike being of "mixed race" is primarily because the cultural need for dominance that is exemplified in the social/political/economic environment is replicated within the domestic unit.

I have watched and listened to Caucasian parents use emotional, spiritual, mental, and sometimes physical abuse to intimidate and coerce family members into "line". Placing their children in white communities, going to white schools and having to compete in a white work force and not speaking the truth about their potential for success without inherited wealth and credit. I have seen Caucasian parents strip advantages from their mixed children (with some notion of making them strong?) and then tell them to compete and make something of themselves. I have seen families divided and conquered from within, by the use of emotional manipulation, guilt, and disabling the children from leaving the nest. I have seen brothers and sisters who are brown on the outside but for all intensive purposes really just as white copy of the Caucasian role model. Painfully I can see the African parent support this systemic abuse by valueing materialism and status over mental and spiritual liberation, and over true economic freedom.

What do you say when Black grandchildren are termed negatively, but White family is encouraged to reproduce?
I am against mixed marriages/ partnerships; unless the African / Nubian is fully recognized for their world position, not just in glib talk, but in formality. Unless the African / Nubian is truly free, with their own economic and political willpower, then how can these unions produce an offspring that is able to walk successfully in both worlds? Barack Obama may be a leading example of one such success mind you.
The glorification of the beauty and culture often promote further sexualization of the mixed child; a perfect blend of Black and White only to be promoted in objectified terms, allowing the Caucasians further sexual exploitation with a dark partner, but one who is more enculturated into his mannerisms. (see Feast of All Saints, by Anne Rice - fictional historical context)

We "mixed stock" may know better the hypocrisy and the subtleties that deny us at all levels. And we bear witness to the adoption of White gods, White mannerism, White culture in order to be accepted and included by the White societies we inevitably are raised in. We can bear further testimony to the difficulty in returning to our communities and trying to understand the backgrounds of our brothers and sisters who may have been raised very differently and do not understand our "mixed minded education".

What's funny is that for myself, there is no such thing as "mixed". When I get a form asking for my race i always circle Black and White, cuz I need to make a point to the people asking the stupid questions and reading the forms. Inevitably I know that by default my race is Black. I am not half white because at no time will I ever be called White. At no time will I ever think or behave as a White person. So no, I am not half African I am African because it was born in me and will grow in me as long as I seek to nurture my truth.
There can be such challenges within a child of "mixed race" especially when working on higher realms of consciousness and in deprogramming the mind, and repatterning behavior. The internal battle spiritually can be powerful, exhausting and at time frightening. Genetic memories and genetic programs that are at odds with one another - what can I say except that it's so much more than beliefs about "good hair", "educated", "having nice tone", or the best of both worlds. Have I had the best of both worlds?
Hmmmm... to a degree. What I enjoyed was seclusion, and some wealth. All things that I was expected to replicate for myself as a Black womban, in spite of the obvious discrimination I faced when I became an adult, discrimination and ignorance perpetrated by both my caretakers and the system I grew up in. I call it discrimination because there is an underlying premise that all members of society are equal, and that if you want something badly enough you can achieve it - even without the obvious advantages needed to acquire the dreams/goals.
Discrimnation that seems to disappear if one is willing to follow the path of the White race, and to integrate quietly. Discrimination that seems more blatant if the child chooses to honor and embody an African centered philosophy.

This is my truth, it doesn't have to be anyone else's. But, I have chosen to continue my lineage with a Black man, and to raise conscious Black children, it is my dream, my prayers to be able to home school them, rather than subject them to the mind numbing bull crap of Catholic or Public education.
It is my dream and my hope to get the heck of this continent and return to the Southern hemisphere where I can see beautiful Black faces in all shades and colors and contribute my energy and my love to a community that nourishes my soul. I will never look back and I will not tell my children to not see color. Love is not blind, it is fully awake and sees very clearly that Love redeems, Love builds, Love acknowledges, and Love saves!

Thanks for reading my rant.

You are one of the few who are at least conscious of it existing under the disguise of love. Canada gives you a unique perspective due to the numerical imbalance which is enormous and as quite as it is publicly kept, is actually more blatant than the U.S. is...veiled as being different until you move against the status quo. Now had you been in the U.S. growing up, your mental fate could have been different from childhood on up. Why? Because in the U.S. it would have been all too easy to expose you from childhood on up to the worse of the very people you are but would not have wanted to be like. Yes, psychology is a monster when you have the right tools to work with. Your internal pain must have been enormous...even more so as you come to see through your sister that blackness is more than a skin color.

Let me tell you something. Before there were white people on the earth, African people still had conflicts and issues...but at least the conflicts and issues they had were of a different nature. The earlier conflicts and issues were about what was "culturally right and what was morally productive". These kind of conflicts and issues I can live with because it at least reveals the essence of a people striving for higher realities within themselves. No, I do not see mixed relationships as a good thing either because no matter what anyone says the battle of cultural conflict can not be suppressed by both parties for the sake of the relationship. There is always the unspoken inner conflict going on between both parties that must manifest itself somewhere outside or inside the bedroom...but manifest itself it must.

Remain Strong in your quest.

powerful revealing

phynxofkmt said:
Why I disklike being of "mixed race" is primarily because the institutionalized racism that I have had to deal with outside my home began inside my home.
I have watched and listened to my Caucasian parent use every methodology of emotional and mental, and sometimes physical abuse to intimidate and coerce her family members into "line". Growing up in a white community, going to white schools and having to compete in a white work force and not understanding until my adulthood that the lies perpetrated within my home about my success / potential were just that - lies. I have watched my white parent try to strip every ounce of advantage from my sister and I, and then tell us we have to compete. I have watched her divide and conquer the family with her emotional manipulation and her need to disable her children from independence. I now have a sister who is brown on the outside but for all intensive purposes really just as white as her parent. I have watched my black parent condone and support the in house tyranny and sometimes add to it. I have seen the promotion of materialism over unity, and I fight everyday with such blatant bigotry that only a fool couldn't see it, and it's disguised as "love". Instead of being pleased about being a grandparent, this Caucasian terms it a "predicament and a catastrophe". Funny, because the tactics she used to coerce previous abortions from her daughters were successful, and now she's falling apart because her daughters have decided to do what their hearts / spirits want instead. I hate mixed marriages/ partnerships and I always will. I detest Blacks who marry Whites and give stupid speeches about love sees no color, and blah blah blah.... The only thing that Blacks are doing by marrying your slave master is breeding a new generation of children to be indoctrinated into the hierarchy of slavery, and for those of us who are "mixed" and "rebellious" I say the fight is long and arduous, the understanding is barely known and the pain can be incredulous - but fight anyways.
We "mixed stock" may know better the hypocrisy and the subtleties that deny us at all levels. And we bear witness to the adoption of White gods, White mannerism, White culture in order to be accepted and included by the White societies we inevitably are raised in. We can bear further testimony to the difficulty in returning to our communities and trying to understand the backgrounds of our brothers and sisters who may have been raised very differently and do not understand our "mixed minded education".
What's funny is that for myself, there is no such thing as "mixed". When I get a form asking for my race i always circle Black and White, cuz I need to make a point to the people asking the stupid questions and reading the forms. Inevitably I know that by default my race is Black. I am not half white because at no time will I ever be called White. At no time will I ever think or behave as a White person. So no, I am not half African I am African because it was born in me and will grow in me as long as I seek to nurture my truth.
There can be such challenges within a child of "mixed race" especially when working on higher realms of consciousness and in deprogramming the mind, and repatterning behavior. The internal battle spiritually can be powerful, exhausting and at time frightening. Genetic memories and genetic programs that are at odds with one another - what can I say except that it's so much more than beliefs about "good hair", "educated", "having nice tone", or the best of both worlds. Have I had the best of both worlds?
Hmmmm... to a degree. What I enjoyed was seclusion, and some wealth. All things that I was expected to replicate for myself as a Black womban, in spite of the obvious discrimination I faced when I became an adult, discrimination and ignorance perpetrated by both my caretakers and the system I grew up in. Discrimnation that seems to disappear if I am willing to follow the path of the White race, and to integrate quietly. Discrimination that seems more blatant if I choose to honor and embody an African centered philosophy.
This is my truth, it doesn't have to be anyone else's. But, I have chosen to continue my lineage with a Black man, and to raise conscious Black children, it is my dream, my prayers to be able to home school them, rather than subject them to the mind numbing bull crap of Catholic or Public education.
It is my dream and my hope to get the heck of this continent and return to the Southern hemisphere where I can see beautiful Black faces in all shades and colors and contribute my energy and my love to a community that nourishes my soul. I will never look back and I will not tell my children to not see color. Love is not blind, it is fully awake and sees very clearly that Love redeems, Love builds, Love acknowledges, and Love saves!

I have allways looked from the outside in regarding mixed racial couples and thier children. Thanx for opening up sometimes real truth is the hardest to share. Maintain peace and continue to listen to the inner voice.

phynxofkmt said:
Why I disklike being of "mixed race" is primarily because the institutionalized racism that I have had to deal with outside my home began inside my home.
I have watched and listened to my Caucasian parent use every methodology of emotional and mental, and sometimes physical abuse to intimidate and coerce her family members into "line". Growing up in a white community, going to white schools and having to compete in a white work force and not understanding until my adulthood that the lies perpetrated within my home about my success / potential were just that - lies. I have watched my white parent try to strip every ounce of advantage from my sister and I, and then tell us we have to compete. I have watched her divide and conquer the family with her emotional manipulation and her need to disable her children from independence. I now have a sister who is brown on the outside but for all intensive purposes really just as white as her parent. I have watched my black parent condone and support the in house tyranny and sometimes add to it. I have seen the promotion of materialism over unity, and I fight everyday with such blatant bigotry that only a fool couldn't see it, and it's disguised as "love". Instead of being pleased about being a grandparent, this Caucasian terms it a "predicament and a catastrophe". Funny, because the tactics she used to coerce previous abortions from her daughters were successful, and now she's falling apart because her daughters have decided to do what their hearts / spirits want instead. I hate mixed marriages/ partnerships and I always will. I detest Blacks who marry Whites and give stupid speeches about love sees no color, and blah blah blah.... The only thing that Blacks are doing by marrying your slave master is breeding a new generation of children to be indoctrinated into the hierarchy of slavery, and for those of us who are "mixed" and "rebellious" I say the fight is long and arduous, the understanding is barely known and the pain can be incredulous - but fight anyways.
Hmmmm... to a degree. What I enjoyed was seclusion, and some wealth. All things that I was expected to replicate for myself as a Black womban, in spite of the obvious discrimination I faced when I became an adult, discrimination and ignorance perpetrated by both my caretakers and the system I grew up in. Discrimnation that seems to disappear if I am willing to follow the path of the White race, and to integrate quietly. Discrimination that seems more blatant if I choose to honor and embody an African centered philosophy.

You my sister are well loved in this corner. I have preached this to a couple of my family. I have been called "crazy", "Racist" (of course NO afrikan here can EVER be that) and the like! It is sisters like you that help keep my spirit up. I have seen first hand what you speak on. It is Whites practicing WHITE SUPREMECY! You know what? My only bout with being a little color struck (within my own people of course) was when in high school by me not being a dark skinned brother, I wanted to marry and have children by a sister that was BLUE BLACK with huge beautiful lips and have as many babies as possible.:terrific: Keeping our lineage going is was/is that important to me. I respect you so much after reading and wish you and your african mate and children nothing but love! You are a true soldier!:luvu:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back