Black Poetry : A message to Cindy

Discussion in 'Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On!' started by blakverb, Jan 7, 2002.

1. blakverb

blakverb Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +32
    Hey lady (this was too long for a PM and I couldn't remember your email addy so forgive me but I felt I had to speak to your message),

Let me give you a little insight on who I am. But before I do that let me say this you are far from uneducated. If a person does not go to school that does not make them "uneducated" in the school sense maybe (in ragrds to the suffix "Un" meaning "without, no, etc." but in general no. Life teaches us lessons beyond all buildings of academe. You are not uneducated get that out of your vocabulary. I have gone to college still a few classes short of a degree, but, I have learned more from reading any and everything from Vogue magazine (I used to want to be a fashion designer) to The Wretched Of The Earth by Frantz Fanon.

I grew up in a coma, just existing, not knowing who I really was as an "African"-American. I just existed for a long time knowing very little about me. Then I began to read and began to experience some of what i read via books or newspapers and my world changed. I am a lover of people and personal interaction and just the differences in people. However I am "pro-blak" to the bone, yet that does not make me a hater of any one other than African descent.

That piece was not a slam to white people as a whole but to white folks who encompass that train of ignorant thinking and the system that supports and fuels it. White people as a whole no matter how liberal or "understanding", will never understand what it is to be blak in this country or as I say "CONtry".

Do I place blame on white Amerikkka as a whole, not at all. but the system that implements, supports, and adds fuel to this demon I attack with a vengence, which may some day lead to my death. I understand that and those that understand the struggle understand that. Not the financial type struggle but the struggle to just be proverbially "equal" in this country. This will never happen as long as their is a system of power and oppression is in place. Do I place blame on this country for the conditioning that it has done on blak people throughout the years, "yes". To fully understand this "conditioning" theory read up on Ivan Pavlov or B.F.Skinner. The mental destruction of blak people since the beginning of this constitution is unparallelled for that info read Naim Akbar or Dr. Frances Cress Welsing or any other African psychologists.

In the piece I asked the question "I wonder if..." because alot of people who claim they're liberal or 'have black friends" would change their tunes if some of the things I mentioned took place. For example the thing about the pope is a real issue. I learned about it on 60 minutes about a year or so ago. The deep seeded hatred and sickness that is within some folks spirits would make them change religions if a brother was named Pope. What makes it even sicker is that some black people may cause an uproar about it, that's where the conditioning comes in.

Discontented, to an extent yes, because I get tired of seeing things such as this "United We Stand" BS when i know that in reality that is not how this country thinks, it was not socialized to be that way. Read books by Henry Louis Gates, Chancellor Williams, Haki Madhubuti, Ivan Van Sertima, Dr. Frances Cress Welsing, etc. These books have some of the answers. This country is not committed to creating a "United" front irregardless of all the window dressing that is going on. Let me go back to this "United We Stand" thing. During the Civil rights Movement do you think as a whole this country was committed to ensuring the safety of ALL people trying to abolish inequities in the law NO.

Sure this country has made some visually good strides but if you look at the systems as a whole have times really gotten that much better? For example, over fifty percent of all of those emprisoned are black. This is not in correlation with the arrest rates across the US. look at the Statistical Abstract of The US it lists the arrest records nationally. It shows that white people committ dang near 60-70 percent of all crimes (those arrested) yet are disproprotionately given jail time. I'm not for anyone having thier freedom taken away, but, I do want what's right. I could go on forever about this but I won't.

In regards to your "Uncle Tom" statement. Any brother/sister who does not or is perceived not to be acting in the best interests of their people they will be ostracized, no question. I feel it is incumbent upon all black people to help and act in the best interests of black people because we have been destroyed by the same system that supports the power structure as we know it. For those that are in the publics eye, they take an extra jab. In my opinion they need to be at the forefront of our progress (not the detriment of anyone else) because they have power or at least the illusion of it...which brings me full circle because even black people with money have no real power in this country because most exist with their tongues on lock down because they are afraid of the "massuhs whip"

I gots nothin' but love for you believe dat
    blak

2. N2urSoul

N2urSoul Well-Known Member MEMBER

Director, Community Employment Strategies
    Ratings:
    +1
    Blak

I'm just pushin' this truth back up to the top!

Preach, Mr. Teachaman!

Always :heart:

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    YA KNOW DAT'S RIGHT

KEEPIN' IT ON DA REAL SO BACK UP IT GO!....

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    while you're peek'n in Cindy ... just want you to know that I've missed you Gurl!

We got a birthday party goin' on ... hope to see you there!

:love:

5. j'hiah

j'hiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +70
    the truth is now unmasked....

peace blak & Cindy.

6. blakverb

blakverb Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +32
    thanks ya'll for feeling me. I was intending for the person it was written to to respond and that was it. however, i am glad that you have read and /or responded. understand this i am in this struggle to win...we've been behind in this game for too long.

blak

7. thepoetsean

thepoetsean Well-Known Member MEMBER

student, advocate to change the world
    Ratings:
    +1
    sad...but true

'the only way to be equal is be seperate.'

-Malcolm X

8. N2urSoul

N2urSoul Well-Known Member MEMBER

Director, Community Employment Strategies
    Ratings:
    +1
    Blak

There are sooooo many things going on that we (all folks) are so unaware of them... they may not be visible to the naked eye... things that have to do with stuff covered over the top of stuff...secret...secret type **** that goes on...

Such as .... issues that go back to the Holy Grail....the Dead Sea Scrolls....the Covenant
    issues/dealings with the Free Masons
    issues/dealings with the Yale Brothers
    ......the Rockefellers....
    and more recently....
    the 15 second news clip about the millions of dollars worth of gold & silver bars that was inside a vault underneath the Twin Towers in NYC..... which had something to do with ... or ties to a bank in Nova Scotia.... (those gold/silver bars were moved to an undisclosed location once they were found underneath the toppled ruins of the towers)

There are so many things that are going on behind the scenes... it pays for people to begin to educate themselves....

Here's a question for ya'll.....

Does anybody know how many NEW Laws have been passed since this September 11th stuff????

....hundreds..... ya'll better recognize.... in times like these (chaos)...this is prime time for "diversionary" tactics within the government.... while folks are sulking & sobbing over loved ones lost... there are things like these being done that we can't even fatham them because our minds our grieving the tragedies at hand!!

Betta do your research.... don't take my word for it
    Educate YOURSELVES... I'm still learning & trying to uncover information for my own self knowledge!

N2

9. cocobutterskyn

cocobutterskyn Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Spreading Joy.... need some?
    Ratings:
    +221
    WORD!

Madd Sistahly Love
    CCBSKYN :heart: