Black Spirituality Religion : A Message to ALL Young Black Minds.

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Metaverse, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    To my younger Men and Women,

I'm not as old as I usually sound, but I wanted to be one of the first to apologize for leaving you this mess for you to fix. By now you should be aware of all the problems we face as Black people. I am not here to dictate to you what you should do with your life energy. I am not here to guide you towards higher ideals. I am not here to become your spiritual Sage or Master. It is more true that I am your most humble student.

I am constantly learning and re-learning how to be a young free thinking spirit not conformed to any one way or path. There are many in this world who will try and attempt to derail your spirit, only because they are bitter with their own. You see, we might all live in the same house called "The World" or even "Black America" but when we look out the window we don't all see the same thing.

When you look out the window you might see a world you can potentially change with your courage and intent. However those who are much older, those who are bitter with their lives- will tell you you cannot change that world no matter how you try- unless you follow their particular script.

They will hand you an old wrinkled up grocery list of items that has seen better days, a list that have been passed down to them by the old bitter minds before them.

You see, it's not that they can't afford to buy those items on the list, the deal is those items require collective effort and collective interest. They will hand off this list to you in hopes that you will be able to accomplish something they haven't.

I am not a high diplomat of good moral ethics. In fact, think of me as that homeless Man who might see sitting on a park bench picking his nose. I don't have much besides my observations. But I observe with the strength of a thousand Owls that never blink.

The next best thing to being young again is having the control of young minds and young bodies. I will not debate with you about your belief systems, your religions or your philosophies. You have your rights to them. Something greater is at stake. It is your place to form your own opinion about what is right or wrong for you because you might be here to perform a task that is beyond the understand of those before you.

You may even choose to allow your Elders to transfer their bitterness and anger to you, that is fine- no one can take away your power to choose. But never allow them to kill your youth by killing your smile, your laughter, your inner joy. Never allow your soul to become institutionalized, this is the real prison- and the reason so many of them are so bitter.

There are Men and Women who will seek to take out their failed systems on you. Their failed marriages, relationships, jobs, finances, self worth- even your Parents. We have all failed to admit we are sick from suffering, suffering from being sick. And yes, many of you have already had a very difficult start. The heavy burden of those before you has already taken it's toll. The Education system failed your Parents yet instead of fighting to change it they are fighting you to accept it.

When you rebel they might call you a Thug or a Gansta, when any natural and intelligent being would rebel against a system that does not serve their self interest. I will tell you something you may not hear anywhere else.

Die for your own cause.

MLK said something to the effect - a person that has not found something to die for is not fit to live. We all die because of something, therefore we all must die. But die for your own cause. Die from laughter. Die from running around in circles until you get dizzy. Die from reciting your favorite song. Die from joy. But don't die for our bitter causes. Because as you go looking to "find something worth dying for" from the opinions of other Men and other Women you will be recruited for their wars. And then you will die for nothing.

The bitter ones are already dead, they just haven't peeled over yet. They died a long time ago along with their dreams.

No by all means fight for Black injustice. Fight against Racism. Fight for Black equality. But fight because you want to fight. If that cause is tied into your reason for being here on the planet then by all means. There are powers within you that only you can command summon and manifest.

I know there are many who are afraid you will forget there is a war going on. They are afraid you will not develop the training and methodology required to combat the enemy in question. They are afraid their issues will not be treated as seriously and with the same paramount concern as your own issues. While they will admit to these things, what they will never admit to at all is- being afraid period.

And this is precisely the reason they have handed you that grocery list, because they have lacked the bravery to achieve it themselves. They have always been afraid of the enemy in question which is why they battle each other instead of the ideal target.

What I am telling you is find a way to become fearless and you will achieve far more in your lifetime that what they had in theirs no matter what you become and what you decide to do with your life energy. Start asking yourself the question "What will it take for me to become fearless?" and the answers will come.

Your joy, your laughter, your humor, your young free thinking spirit- are all tied into your fearlessness. Know that there is more to you than what is grounded by gravity and controlled by the laws of physics.

I do not need you to follow my wisdom. I am the God of my own destiny, I will continue to sit here and pick my nose until I fall asleep. Find your own wisdom and follow it, find your own truth and recite it.

Die for your own cause.

2. Knowledge Seed

Knowledge Seed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +551
    Peace to the God Meta!

3. darklionarts

darklionarts Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8
    Well said (as usual) MetaSaience !

peace

4. emanuel goodman

emanuel goodman Well-Known Member MEMBER

social worker
    Ratings:
    +759
    U OWE NO APOLOGIES DEAR META TO NO ONE. YOUR TIREDLESS EFFORTS TO GET US ALL TO THINK ARE PRICELESS. SINCE YOUR ARRIVAL ON ONE OF MY THREADS YOU HAVE BEEN TEACHING ME BROTHER. IT IS AN HONOR TO HAVE U AS A MENTOR,PEER AND MOST IMPORTANT I CONSIDER U A CLOSE FRIEND. ALL YOUNG MINDS NEED YOU ESPECIALLY OURS.

5. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    All this time I thought that I was that homeless man on the park bench picking my nose.

6. MasterDJ

MasterDJ Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +48
    Meta,
    If I may...with your permission, elaborate on one section of your extremely well written, timely and inspired thread and please let me know if you agree Brother Meta!

In the book of Ecclesiastes chapter 3 it speaks about everything having a season and I believe that understanding the season is a fundamental neccessity when analysing a young persons purpose. If the injustice, for instance, is starvation due to oppression and you are an excellent cook and painter, why not use your gift of cooking to feed the hungry rather than drawing them a picture of a meal! Although both are talents that one possesses it is in the best interest of the community and themselves to use them wisely. So please, do not think just because one is funny he must be a comedian but instead look for a deeper gift within yourself that can influence the greater good and perform whatever your gift maybe even if it happens to be comedy with the best of your abilities and with your head held high!

7. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    There is a message which needs to be delivered to all young Black minds and the message will have many levels to it and many perspectives. Obviously the most important perspective will be your own. It will be your own because you will have taken the time to understand and learn "why things are the way that they are". It will be your own because you will have taken the time to learn or study from the "best of our scholar warriors out there" whereby you will have well rounded information to allow you to form your own opinion.

You will always be your own personal self and define your personal reality based upon such information...and if your information and learning is sound information, you will never become an "individual" in the sense that white people are. you will always be part of the collective. You will understand that your parents and their parents before them had and still have "every right to be bitter" within the reality that we now find ourselves. There is nothing worse than happiness in the midst of sorrow and I say this to say that; all of you can remember the laughter of your parents and grandparents. You all remember the smiles upon their faces and the sound of love in their voices regardless of how hard times were...regardless of if they could find a job or not....regardless of if they could pay the rent or not. so don't be deceived into thinking as some would lead you to believe; that your parents or those before them were "BITTER".

It was not bitterness that got us as far as we are in all the time we've been on this planet. It wasn't bitterness that caused many single mothers who could have aborted or abandoned you to keep you and raise you...to do the best they could with what they had to work with. All of this was an act of LOVE, and a LOVE SUPREME at that.

It is equally important to know and understand that many of our people both young and old are damaged mentally, emotionally, spiritually and physically. It took our people a lot of time to get into the condition we now find ourselves. Without being extreme, just a look at the last 400 years reveals that we are not the same people who came here. An understanding of that time period will reveal the process whereby we were made to be different....a time period when the most important things that cement a society and people together was robbed from us. Do our parents and even we today have the right to be bitter about what happened?...yes we do. We should be mad as hell, but not to the point where we can't focus and begin to undo what was done to us as a people.

I say "us as a people" because none of us are exempt. Things just didn't happen to some of us but all of us. And yet with all that has happened we have still revealed ourselves to be extraordinary people. The very banners of our ancestors, the very fights of our ancestors and struggles of them are the very things that establish and maintain societies, nations and communities of people. they physically built this country and are responsible for the foundation and knowledge base of "every country and people in the world today".

Personally speaking, this sounds like a pretty good banner and fight that anyone should want to continue...and obviously it is one that our people are striving to get back to. Just 45 years ago we ran around this country with no knowledge of self, fighting to come from under the established system of white global supremacy and to find out who we were as a people. We were never deprogrammed from what happened to us. We got sucked up in the illusion of the white world and still are. we didn't establish our own schools to raise and teach our own children instead of allowing white people to teach us. There's a lot that wasn't done and still isn't done that we still need if we are to survive and rise as a people. all of this sounds like a good banner to continue in our black liberation and the future of our children....you be the judge.

I'm saying all of this to say that outside of your spiritual reality which is your own personal thing, that there are realities that deal with everyday life that we need to focus upon and learn. We have a right to strive for higher spiritual realities but we also have an obligation and I emphasise the word; We have an obligation to reclaim and restore our reality. We have an obligation to build schools and teach our own children. We have an obligation to build a system of justice instead of what we have now. We have an obligation to use our creative abilities to create what we need for our own as others do for their own. We have an obligation to establish a reality with and for our people that best serves us outside of what we presently have.

will you feel bitter? Yes you will as you learn what has happened. will you still laugh and love and still do all the crazy things that young people do? Yes you will...as surely as your parents and mines did before me.

To be continued...

ONE LOVE

8. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Greetings to the Gods and Masters! Bro. OM think of that situation and remember "The Goldenchild" with Eddie Murphy. Some of the wisest pick their nose! Bro. Goodman as you know we have some work on the table left to complete, I'm getting all my equipment together.

MasterDJ, very wise question.

You mentioned comedy and I was thinking the very same thing when Bill Cosby made his turn for the worst. But then I thought about it some more. You know to be a really good Comedian, I mean a really good one, think Pryor- think Redd Foxx, you have to be very analytical. You have to study people and situations good enough to be able to extract a universality that would either make people laugh or think.

A comedian is like a psychiatrist for an entire community, everyone is treated all at once. They heal us from our mental conditions by inspiring laughter and thought. That same gift can be used to arrest most of the problems Black people face since most of our problems in fact stem from a mental condition.

I wondered if Bill Cosby realized that and simply went about it the wrong way? Because he woke up one morning and realized that his analytical gift to poke fun at real life and generate humor- and of course tons of money could've been applied elsewhere?

In Cosby's case it's true everything does have a season. There are many forms of injustice. For example if I broke into your house every friday nite and stole your pc, and you had evidence to that fact. Took it down to Police but they refused to look at it, told you that was not enough. So you decide to forget about it and I break in your house again, steal the TV. Next Friday the Sofa. Next Friday the entire stove. That is injustice because something is being taken away from you unfairly and no retribution is delivered. Who has the power to stop this injustice?

Since a pattern has been established, at some point- at some Friday- I expect you should be standing there with A shotgun, a group of armed Men, something that would stop the injustice from taking place. The 2nd injustice took place when you went to the police and they wouldn't help you.

Cosby made the point that he didn't see anyone trying to do anything about the problems we face. That is another injustice, because many have been doing allot to cure the problems of Black America right under the nose of those like Cosby. But he is unable to see it because he is at a different level of understanding.

The main point here is that, everyone should be allowed to follow along their own personal path without being recruited by those who are afraid to face their own injustices for themselves. Some youth are in fact along the path to great causes already. The real task at hand is to life a fully developed and healthy life and we'd be amazed and how quickly that within itself will cure a bulk of issues.

The remarkable thing is that without fear, we all find the right causes to fight for anyway instead of hiding behind causes that we might perpetuate and puff up to have others believe we are doing much more than we actually are. The truth about Cosby is that has been afraid of White folks for some time now and even some Black folks, but now in his old age he has become fearless, he doesn't care what you have to say to him about what he feels. He doesn't give a rats behind if we agree or not. The loss of his son and the truth of his mortality has awarded him the privilege to speak his mind- at least fully, instead of in part.

There are enough great minds here to deal with all the problems we are faced with. What we need to do is become more fearless and petition them to do what they are here to do. Old bitter minds of course will disagree. For them I prescribe the movie "The Bucketlist."

They need to stop passing off their "bucket list" to the younger generation and learn to fix whatever it is they need to fix while they are still here.

9. Knowledge Seed

Knowledge Seed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +551
    Again Peace to the God Meta! And peace to the God Keita!

10. Nubian One

Nubian One Well-Known Member MEMBER

Fulltime Student & Sexual Health Educator
    Ratings:
    +11
    Very very empowering.. I'm going to half to bookmark this or something.. So I can read it time and time again. Especially as I venture on as a grad student.