Black People : A Message For White Folks: Black People Aren't Racist...

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by AuthorLady, Jul 11, 2012.

1. AuthorLady

AuthorLady Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +117
    images (9).jpg
    Let me give some advice to white folks who love to interject the "racist" tag on Black people when Black folks are just expressing true life events and issues that are impacting them personally as well as culturally: First, Black people are
    not racist when they are expressing their anger or frustration--they are reactionary.

No one has the right to tell me or anyone else what is right or wrong regarding my experiences, perceptions and observations. On a daily basis, white folks seem to feel they have the right to express themselves on just about any topic; and the temerity to tell others what to do, but when the script is flipped: there is OBJECTION. Why? It's called White Privilege. This is the VIP card to mainstream America and "their reality." Irregardless of how others feel. How dare anyone challenge their worldview. It's all part of the "members only" package included in White Supremacy.

Many Black people are tired of white folk's unsolicited opinions. We don't care if you get offended--we're offended every single day when we go grocery shopping, to the mall, the gas station, or just hanging out at the park. It seems that white folks are ready and waiting to interject their ignorance or bigotry.

And my personal pet peeve: listening and watching Black folks talk amongst each other--and arrogantly having the nerve to express an opinion when no one was talking to them. This in a nutshell is the way it is...like it or lump it. This issues needs to be discussed. And if there is anyone who has been insulted--I'm delighted. Sometimes, you have to get a dose of your own medicine so you can understand how hard it is to swallow.

2. AuthorLady

Ratings:
    +117
    Anyone want to say something?

3. SlickBeast

SlickBeast Well-Known Member MEMBER

Australia
    Programmer/Game developer
    Ratings:
    +361
    I remember when I was a child, I wouldn't let a very pale white girl play with us in the school yard because she was so pale (not albino but close like a Scot or the likes), she scared me. In most creole places, very dark (ebony) and very white people are uncommon. We also used to tease another kid with grey eyes. But here in Australia all those traits are common.
    It's possible for a black person to be innately racist. I still can't stand grey eyes. Even though the person may be kind, my first impression is that the person is evil.

4. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    But that's not being RACIST, what you were doing is called being PREDJUDICE....you were pre-judging people because of their appearance.

5. AuthorLady

Ratings:
    +117
    Very interesting comment. I don't judge people when they are just making comments about what they've experienced.

6. AuthorLady

Ratings:
    +117
    People must be scared of this topic...

7. RAPTOR

RAPTOR Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,094
    Naw, that's not it.

It's just that this particular topic has been explored and re-visited a number of times before regarding black folks and whether or not if they can be (or are) racist.

Racism + no power to manifest said racism in any way of great consequence and or to the detriment of people of other racial groups = being a mere bigot.

8. AuthorLady

Ratings:
    +117
    Oh...that's it.

9. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    lol Sister ... you addressed this to white folk ... and i don't think many come here look'n to retrieve their messages ... :look:

kinda like leaving a message for a polar bear, in africa ... :lol:

too precious ... :love:

:heart:

Destee

10. AuthorLady

Ratings:
    +117
    That's a surprise...they have to know what we're talking 'bout most of the time. Even when I was a member of Blackvoices. :lol: