Black Entertainment : A Little Old School Music

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by KPITRL, Aug 31, 2014.

1. KPITRL

KPITRL Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +384
    Nothing like the holidays to throw on some oldies. I'll probably do 4 or 5 before the evening is over. I'll start of with some fast ones, but I'll end it with some slow ones, being a quiet storm brother from the past. By the way this thread is of course open for everybody. So get down with your bad self.

2. KPITRL

United States
    Ratings:
    +384
    I always knew Bootys band backed up James Brown when his band left, but I didn't know Maceo left too.

3. I'm Becoming Me

I'm Becoming Me Well-Known Member MEMBER

Lover & Fighter...
    Ratings:
    +1,219
    I thought that James Brown movie was great btw. It got a lot of negative reviews, but I enjoyed it.

4. KPITRL

United States
    Ratings:
    +384
    I enjoyed the movie so much I did a thread on it. It seems like a lot of black movies get underrated, and the blacks were the only ones who may have enjoyed it. But at the same time, I can't speak for all black people, and I guess I can't judge another black person who may have had mixed feelings about the movie.

5. KPITRL

United States
    Ratings:
    +384
    Here's an old cut by Jermaine Jackson that didn't play too much. One day I should probably make a thread for oldies that didn't get much play, but you felt they should have. A lot of those songs were the ones that were accidentally discovered when you bought the album for another song or two that they were playing on the radio. Anyway, I understand Jay-zee copied one of his song from this old song by Jermaine Jackson. But I don't know which one because I never listened to a lot of songs by Jay-zee.

6. KPITRL

United States
    Ratings:
    +384
    When Destiny's Child came out with "Girl", before I even knew who Beyounce was, lol, I automatically recognized they were using the music of an old song I haven't heard in years. But me and my oldest half-brother could not come up with who made the original for nothing, and he's five years older than me. We finally decided it was Ray Parker Jr, and Raydio. All I knew was it was a song about love and togetherness, and not about hurt like the one Destiny's Child did. A couple of years ago, I finally did some research and discovered it was the late Ron Banks of the Dramatics.

7. KPITRL

United States
    Ratings:
    +384
    Although I have hundreds of more oldies, I'm going to wind it down now. But I'm going to cheat and leave with a double header, probably pushing me over 5 songs. Anyway, with all that's been going on these last two or three weeks, I thought I'd finish with these two classics that seem to fit back in the day, and now. I can't recall which came out first, but it really doesn't matter I guess. So I'll just list them in alphabetical order.

8. I'm Becoming Me

Lover & Fighter...
    Ratings:
    +1,219
    I confess: I went to see it twice it was so good. :) The same as I did with "Ray".

So true. I have to remember who gives these ratings too. Everyone is entitled to their opinion though, you're right about that.

9. I'm Becoming Me

Lover & Fighter...
    Ratings:
    +1,219
    I saw the Jackie Robinson movie too when it came out and loved that too. This was the same guy who played James Brown btw.

He's a good actor. ;)

10. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    If you don't mind...

Peace!