Black People : A LITTLE MORE TO THIS STORY.....

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by spicybrown, Mar 25, 2006.

1. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    http://www.snopes.com/photos/people/mixedtwins.asp

As you all probably know by now, the above link has caused hysteria all over the internet. From what I hear, the mother of the twins was reported to have been White. These twins are just the polar opposites of Black genetic possibilities. BTW, the dark one doesn't look completely Black, and the other; not completely White, although they are 50/50. Indeed they are adorable children. :fairy: Does anybody here know of a someone that this has happened to?

2. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hmmmm

I don't know anyone personally that this has happened to, Sister Spicy, but I seem to recall an article in "Jet" magazine :) published some years ago about a white woman in England, I believe that had a set of twins like this. If my memory serves me correctly, I think it was also found where the woman had sex with two different men...one white, one African...within 24 hours of each other. Both of their sperm fertilized two separate ova. So, they weren't identifical twins where one egg divides.

Queenie :spinstar:

3. uplift19

uplift19 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +12
    I am my own twin

No, but I have seen a weird case on the Discovery Health channel where a Black male child was born with two distinct DNA profiles within him. The other was a caucasian female and on his skin you could visiblly see a line right down his belly where his skin changed from dark brown to "peachy" white. His reproductive system also made him a hermaphodite, so they had to operate to make him male physically, although he'll never "function" properly.

The condition is called Chimera

4. Akilah

Akilah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Scheduling Coordinator for large Health System
    Ratings:
    +36
    Both parents are interracial...each has a white mother and black father.
    "Jet" magazine did a story on them recently... The twins are interracial.