Black Women : A Little Help Here Please...

PurpleMoons said:
LOL That made me think of a incident with my mom. When my Grandfather got sick my mom moved to the south to take care of him. we were all 18 and over, so we continued living in the city. We did go down their to visit though. We was young and wild then. Partying, staying out all night, and fighting. She thought that if we was in a slower environment that it would magically change us to quiet, peaceful children. Gurl! lol We got down there and it was on. Our cousins was wild too! We just clicked like we new each other all our lives. My mom was like, I can't wait until this week is all over so yall can go back home. Filing in the van at the end of the week, she was standing there crying and my baby sister took one look at her and was like, don't be crying for us now. You couldn't wait to get us up out of here. She looked at my sister and laughed. Told her to shut-up! LOL I know this is different from vacinations, but the thing is, As mothers we don't always know what is best for our children, but that don't mean we don't still love them to death.

Now go get your momma and just hug her. Oneday that hug might only exist in our imaginations! :great:

Sounds like you guys' had a heckeva time!!!!

You got yourself a point Purple'. I can never stay mad at her for long. Sides' who else will I call to talk about who could and couldn't sing on American Idol?.

I know I'm late responding to this thread when you've pretty much received the best advice already.

I had a similar situation occur, although not involving my child but my grammy opening up my mail. I ignored it the first two times it happened, but the 3rd time I confronted her. I tried to bring the subject up by just asking if she had anything she wanted to ask me, but then had to directly ask if she was opening up my mail. She was HIGHLY offended and alluded to the fact that she never snoops...then told me she was going to move out and get her own place (something she cant afford to do -health wise nor financially).

After I felt she cooled off a bit, I asked her to consider where I was coming from. My daughter doesnt see the mail, and never goes through my things, so that only leaves my grammy - who is obsessed with the mail (and is a little nosey). I didn't apologize for asking her because I felt I had no choice, but I did tell her I loved her and wanted her to feel comfortable in my home, that I respect her privacy and would appreciate the same from her.

In your case, your mother should understand that you had no choice but to question her about your daughter's tooth, but that doesn't mean you are accusing her of being a bad baby sitter. If she loves the baby (and I'm sure she does) I would tell her that the baby misses her granny and wants to see her....everyday. She'll know you've forgiven her...and if she was aware of the accident, I'm sure shell be more careful next time.

CarrieMonet said:
I know I'm late responding to this thread when you've pretty much received the best advice already.

I had a similar situation occur, although not involving my child but my grammy opening up my mail. I ignored it the first two times it happened, but the 3rd time I confronted her. I tried to bring the subject up by just asking if she had anything she wanted to ask me, but then had to directly ask if she was opening up my mail. She was HIGHLY offended and alluded to the fact that she never snoops...then told me she was going to move out and get her own place (something she cant afford to do -health wise nor financially).

After I felt she cooled off a bit, I asked her to consider where I was coming from. My daughter doesnt see the mail, and never goes through my things, so that only leaves my grammy - who is obsessed with the mail (and is a little nosey). I didn't apologize for asking her because I felt I had no choice, but I did tell her I loved her and wanted her to feel comfortable in my home, that I respect her privacy and would appreciate the same from her.

In your case, your mother should understand that you had no choice but to question her about your daughter's tooth, but that doesn't mean you are accusing her of being a bad baby sitter. If she loves the baby (and I'm sure she does) I would tell her that the baby misses her granny and wants to see her....everyday. She'll know you've forgiven her...and if she was aware of the accident, I'm sure shell be more careful next time.

Thank You Carrie'- really. I knew that you would say something useful- not that everyone else hasn't said anything valuable. But Thank You. Does she still go through your mail?

Oh yes VirgoWomen! We raised the ruff up in florence alabama! LOL

Noooo CarrieMonet! Say it aint so! I to am the mail freak! If I don't know what it is, I'm all up in the business. When I go to my Sisters house she hides the mail, cause she know what time it is. Just pure dee nosey! Funny thing though, she does the same thing back when she comes over to my house. I don't open no bills though. I do like those paystubs that be laying around. LOL

Dang it! You just done made me conscientious of my mail invasions! LOL RATS! :hammer2:

PurpleMoons said:
Oh yes VirgoWomen! We raised the ruff up in florence alabama! LOL

Noooo CarrieMonet! Say it aint so! I to am the mail freak! If I don't know what it is, I'm all up in the business. When I go to my Sisters house she hides the mail, cause she know what time it is. Just pure dee nosey! Funny thing though, she does the same thing back when she comes over to my house. I don't open no bills though. I do like those paystubs that be laying around. LOL

Dang it! You just done made me conscientious of my mail invasions! LOL RATS! :hammer2:

:haha: :haha: That was funny!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back