Black Women : A Little Help Here Please...

PurpleMoons said:
Ahhh! I see! Well just tell her that you love her. Don't apologize! To sort of ease any hard feelings that might be harvesting between the two of you.

Well Alright NOW! That, I can do..... She claims that I don't trust her judgement, which in some cases, I don't. I raised an eyebrow when she told me that she didn't let us get some of our shots when were kids was because she didn't want to see us cry. I understood that but at the same time I was thinking " you would really cry a river if we was to die of a disease that could have been prevented had you let us receive thos shots" of course I didn't saY THAT, but I was thinkin' it. I don't say a lot of what I'm really thinking. That can pose as a problem tho'. Thank You Purple'.

Well Alright NOW! That, I can do..... She claims that I don't trust her judgement, which in some cases, I don't. I raised an eyebrow when she told me that she didn't let us get some of our shots when were kids was because she didn't want to see us cry. I understood that but at the same time I was thinking " you would really cry a river if we was to die of a disease that could have been prevented had you let us receive thos shots" of course I didn't saY THAT, but I was thinkin' it. I don't say a lot of what I'm really thinking. That can pose as a problem tho'. Thank You Purple'.

LOL That made me think of a incident with my mom. When my Grandfather got sick my mom moved to the south to take care of him. we were all 18 and over, so we continued living in the city. We did go down their to visit though. We was young and wild then. Partying, staying out all night, and fighting. She thought that if we was in a slower environment that it would magically change us to quiet, peaceful children. Gurl! lol We got down there and it was on. Our cousins was wild too! We just clicked like we new each other all our lives. My mom was like, I can't wait until this week is all over so yall can go back home. Filing in the van at the end of the week, she was standing there crying and my baby sister took one look at her and was like, don't be crying for us now. You couldn't wait to get us up out of here. She looked at my sister and laughed. Told her to shut-up! LOL I know this is different from vacinations, but the thing is, As mothers we don't always know what is best for our children, but that don't mean we don't still love them to death.

Now go get your momma and just hug her. Oneday that hug might only exist in our imaginations! :great:

panafrica said:
I know you asked for a sisters opinion, but I would like to think I have something to contribute to this question. I would trust your mother, unless you have been given reasons not to. I don't believe this incident to be such a reason. Accidents do happen! No matter how closely a child is being watched, they are still going to fall & bump his/her head. This will happen in even the most expensive & professionally run day care center. What you won't get at any day care center is someone who will love your child like their grandmother. It is a blessing to have one's parent be able to care for their child. My parents live 2 states away, and my in-laws live in another country. My wife and I would kill for one of our parents to be able to care for our daughter. We now pay $1000 a month (not including diapers & food) for day care. This is our 2nd biggest monthly expense (behind our rent), and it will double with our second child on the way. We would kill for an opportunity to have either mother here. I don't think you realize exactly how fortunate you are. In my opinion you should apologize to your mother, and hope she accepts.

Congratulations !!!!!!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back