Black Poetry : A Letter From Grandma

Discussion in 'Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On!' started by Jelani_Dalmar, Nov 2, 2003.

1. Jelani_Dalmar

Jelani_Dalmar Active Member MEMBER

USAF
    Ratings:
    +0
    A Letter from Grand Mom

Dear Grand Son,
    It’s been so long since you’ve wrote…or we spoke…I sit by the phone and the mail box to hear from you…just awaiting…wishful thinking…I’m aching…you making…Granny feel so left out of your life…by the way dear how’s your wife? And the kids, I bet there so grown up…I miss them so much…got to go please baby keep in touch…

Dear Grand Son,
    How are you doing? I’m sure a lot better than me…my hands, back and feet really hurt, and every day it’s getting harder for me to see…Every day chores are like new challenges to me…It’s even painful to write this letter cause my hands are so weak…and I still haven’t heard from you and it’s been weeks. I know your probably to busy with everyday life…it be nice…to hear from you soon too…got to go my hands really hurt grand son… I love you…

Dear Grand Son,
    Your Mom told me she told you to call…but it’s been days and I haven’t heard from you at all…did you fall…off the face of the map…now I know me and Grand Dad raise you better then that…If he was alive he’d be so proud of you, you know…To watch you mature, and see his grand children grow…Is everything ok? It’s just not like you to act this way…I made sweet potato pie today…your favorite right? To much for granny to eat so I just had a small bite…it was alright…took me all night…to get it just right…You know I’m getting old and I can’t cook like I use too…hold on there’s the phone, maybe it’s you… No, it was just my doctor checking up on me again…I see him so often we became good friends…I pretend… as if everything is ok, but he really knows it’s not…Granny’s just trying to enjoy the little time that I’ve got. Looking forward to your letter or your call which ever comes first…Not hearing from you baby really…really makes me hurt…

Dear Grand Son,
    I am writing less because it seems I can’t hold the pen still any more…I'm wondering if that evens matter, since my letters you choose to ignore…I was on the phone with your mom and I heard you speak from the background…You didn’t have time to get on the phone to sit down… and talk to granny did you now…

At this point my tears covered the paper and I could hardly continue to read…what I need…is to be comforted because the guilt is so strong…as my daughter looks on… wondering what was going on…or could be wrong…with her daddy, why are you crying she ask, and you look so pale…I replied I’m reading these letter from Granny that came in the mail…Letters from granny she ask, as I looked up from the letter to nod…But daddy…. I thought you told us that granny’s was with God? For a moment I sat there silent not really sure what I’d say…how can I explain this to my little princess in the right way…

Well baby, granny still is in heaven, and I am crying cause I miss her so much…When she was here, I was always to busy to ever keep in touch…hardly ever writing a letter or even give her a call…I wasn’t there for her like I should have been baby, not there for her at all…So why is she sending you these letters from heaven now daddy isn’t it to late…No I replied…not to late…to make sure I don’t make the same mistake…In her own way she is showing me how important spending time with family should be...and how important it needs to be to me…But for her it was too late for me to see…I’m sure granny forgives you daddy…and I ‘m sure she does to…that’s why daddy loves to spend so much time with your mother and you…Well I am glad you feel better daddy, what are you going to do now, I'm a little tired I think I need a nap…Well…baby…I think it’s time that daddy writes Grand Mom Back…

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    the letter

very nice flow
    time to write back u drop it real smooth....lovin it :glasses:

3. Jelani_Dalmar

USAF
    Ratings:
    +0
    My bad I would have wrote back sooner, lol, just getting the hang of the site. Thanks for the love. So do you only write poetry?

4. SwtT

SwtT Well-Known Member MEMBER

Educational/Human Resources field
    Ratings:
    +28
    this is a good flow....btw, we have many forums, just go to the main menu and they should all be listed there:)

5. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    no i speak it as well in open mic in our chat room
    www.************/chat i write short stories and working on a
    noval at this time
    feel free to explore and see all we offer here
    this family is beautiful a one of a kind home here
    we show much love .... enjoy & welcome to ya new home :smokin:

6. MzBlkAngel

MzBlkAngel Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +219
    nice flow here...

7. Jazz4u

Jazz4u Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    this was a really good message
    all 2 true 4 alot of ppl including myself
    i lost my grandmother to lung cancer about 7yrs ago

8. Jelani_Dalmar

USAF
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jazz

Sorry for your loss...I know what it's like myself...That is why I use writing some times as therapy...