Law Forum : A LEGAL AND BINDING LYNCHING IN THE NAME OF THE PEOPLE

At the end of the day, the NAACP is not a black institution, never has been and never will be ... as such, its sole interest is not about Black folk, but civil rights for all.

Its mission in the 21st century is "to ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights of all persons and to eliminate racial hatred and racial discrimination." Their national initiatives included political lobbying, publicity efforts, and litigation strategies developed by their legal team.[5]

The larger conference resulted in a more diverse organization, where the leadership was predominantly white. At its founding, the NAACP had one African American on its executive board, Du Bois. It did not elect a black president until 1975, but the executive directors, who were the chief operating officers, were primarily African Americans since the early 20th century. The Jewish community contributed greatly to the NAACP's founding and continued financing.[23]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Association_for_the_Advancement_of_Colored_People#Formation
They do. Many just don't like being left off the priority

If many of you had followed the action plan after the MMM we wouldn't have these issues. You don't participate. You don't contribute. Yet you still want to chide and complain about those that do. I went to Ferguson. All many of you did was make excuses!

At the end of the day, NAACP is not a black institution, never has been and never will be ... as such, its sole interest is not about Black folk, but civil rights for all.

Its mission in the 21st century is "to ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights of all persons and to eliminate racial hatred and racial discrimination." Their national initiatives included political lobbying, publicity efforts, and litigation strategies developed by their legal team.[5]

The larger conference resulted in a more diverse organization, where the leadership was predominantly white. At its founding, the NAACP had one African American on its executive board, Du Bois. It did not elect a black president until 1975, but the executive directors, who were the chief operating officers, were primarily African Americans since the early 20th century. The Jewish community contributed greatly to the NAACP's founding and continued financing.[23]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Association_for_the_Advancement_of_Colored_People#Formation
Unfortunately there are many, like myself THOUGHT the organization was for us. It is marketed that way. That's not say that maybe there are those who are not COLORED would not fight for our equal rights. Many seem to be fighting for it more than we do and have the resources to be heard. When many of us see NAACP we are not thinking of an organization being run by everybody but black people. But there are people like you doing that research and guiding people like me with real facts. I can't dispute fact.

Unfortunately there are many, like myself THOUGHT the organization was for us. It is marketed that way. That's not say that maybe there are those who are not COLORED would not fight for our equal rights. Many seem to be fighting for it more than we do and have the resources to be heard. When many of us see NAACP we are not thinking of an organization being run by everybody but black people. But there are people like you doing that research and guiding people like me with real facts. I can't dispute fact.

Exactly, its marketed that way, why it is, I don't know. Its also time for a name change, I'm with you on that ... Colored People is no longer an accurate description of Black folk, its out of date.

As far as the facts, I posted these earlier in this Thread:

https://destee.com/threads/a-legal-...e-name-of-the-people.90122/page-2#post-990300

https://destee.com/threads/naacp-selects-brooks-as-new-president-and-ceo.80495/#post-878879

You have just gotten right to the crux of the matter concerning this now failed organization with it's toothless tiger image who has refocused their historically noble efforts from vigorously addressing the racist traditions in America to accepting several millions of dollars from the grass roots Blacks without acknowledgement much less recognition to accepting a token amount like hundreds of thousands of dollars in donations from racially tolerant Democratic White entities with national press releases, trophies, medals, national media hype and the genuflecting, curtsying and wrist kissing, all tax write offs mind you. If one goes on the NAACP website, they spend more money on advertising the sale of concert tickets, $1,000 a plate fundraising dinners that the average Black person cannot afford and in all honesty is not wanted there GOD forbid they use a soup spoon to stir their coffee or pass a tureen from right to left instead of left to right and other tie and tails BS. I am a regular contributor to the NAACP, Urban League, CORE, ARC and Habitat For Humanity and will continue to do so for we as a race must sometimes struggle with our own to reset the chosen course, if not us, who will? My discourse is in no way a bash on the NAACP, I am venting because I believe a once proud and formidable organization has lost it's way.
That is how I felt too. They had lost their way. I grew up always hearing about the NAACP. Every time you looked around they were fighting for us. My mother, grandmother, aunts, uncles were always talking about them and what they were trying to do for us. So I expected the same from them. Instead they are ghost. Now I understand by reading this thread, they were never for us. We have some real educated people on Destee. One of the reason I love this site and don't get back to it as much as I use to. I'm trying though. Back to thread topic. I want them to change that name and when they show images of he NAACP they show who is really behind it. Start marketing and selling yourself like you are for us. Just as bad Sally Strother's using that fly trained fly to land on those unfortunate children to get our money. Change the name. Stop misleading us that don't do the research.

If many of you had followed the action plan after the MMM we wouldn't have these issues. You don't participate. You don't contribute. Yet you still want to chide and complain about those that do. I went to Ferguson. All many of you did was make excuses!

I commend you Mr. Kemetstry. Now did you show your support for the people of color and attend the protest in the streets of Ferguson Missouri or did you make a real impact by signing the long standing petition to strip officer Darren Wilson of his Missouri State Law Enforcement Certification that laid stagnant on the lonely desk of Missouri Representative William Clay Jr. of District 1 like two of my uncles and I signed? Just curious. Not looking to get on your bad side but I'm quite sure I am and if that's the case well lets just agree to disagree. Oftentimes the pen of quiet demand can be mightier then the sword of battle for the sword draws blood as immediate gratification while the pen as plodding and time consuming it appears can actually save more lives then the sword of battle can send to GOD.

Beneath the rule of men entirely great, the pen is mightier then the sword. Behold the arch enchanter's wand itself a nothing, but taking sorcery from the master hand to paralyze the Caesars, and to strike the loud Earth breathless! Take away the sword, states can be saved without it! Richelieu Act II, Scene II

Thanks for reading and GOD bless.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back