Black Women : A Lady's Call To Reason - Menstrual Stress

How does Lady's Week affect you?

• I cry like a baby all day long at anything

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • My children know to be on their best behavior and my husband gives me a wide berth

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • If the supermarket is out of Essence magazine I take it personally

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • I always think I am in love

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • All of the above

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • None of the above

Votes: 18 69.2%

• Total voters
Wonderful! wonderful! I hope this topic really flies.

Destee, you are the most blessed woman I have ever seen.

My friend never sneaks up on me. She sends her telegram a week in advance "Ready or not here I come!" I am blessed that my father and my Father taught me to stand back from my emotions and look at myself from a bird's eye view before opening my mouth or falling in love, otherwise I'd get a visit from the men in the long white coats.

kente417mojo said:
Hey ladies....the "period" is my friend also.:bowdown: I stress when she doesn't show up, so I'm sympathetic to your situation. I know women's cycle that I deal with. When they tell me they started their period, they are amazed when I say something like "you're a couple of days late aren't you"? :peace:
I was wondering why the squirrels were asking about you. Now I know. Sugar, you are a nut :nuts:

My friend and I parted ways more than 10 years ago. It wasn't easy to see her leave but I was told that it was for the best. :bawling:

When we first met we struggled from the beginning. She arrived quietly at first but soon let her presence be known each month and I grew to not like her very much. When she came to visit she usually stayed much longer than her welcome and I celebrated whenever she left. That meant that I could do things I enjoyed doing that she stopped me from doing because she got in the way.

But as time passed, I began to understand her better and looked forward to her arrival each month with a breath of anxious anticipation. If she was late, I would send a telegram demanding to know what was taking her so long and when she finally arrived, I was relieved to see her and my life would be calm once again.

The time that she didn't show up at all, my daughter arrived 9 months later. When she returned, we were much calmer with each other and lived happily together until it was time for us to part and move on, going our separate ways.

It's sorta funny because in a way I miss her and in a way I don't. She's a fond memory now, she served her purpose well and now I must live out the rest of my life without her.

Peace,
Queenie :heart:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back