Black Christians : A Kiss from Heaven, a Blessing from God

Chevron Dove

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 7, 2009
A Kiss from Heaven, a Blessing from God

That saith of Cyrus, He is my shepherd, and shall perform all my pleasure: even
saying to Jerusalem, Thou shalt be built; and to the temple, Thy foundation shall
be laid.
[ISAIAH 44:28]

Cyrus (580-529BC) was the first Achaemenid Emperor. He founded Persia by
uniting the two original Iranian Tribes-the Medians and the Persians.
http://www.iranchamber.com/history/cyrus/cyrus.php

How much has the Persian government changed over the centuries since its origins? In consideration of the government today, in present day Iran, so much could be said in regards to its past. According to both the Bible records and secular records, the first king [var. emperor] of the Persian empire was Cyrus and based upon my research, the history and revelations about him becomes startling, a hidden treasure. His life and that of his forefathers bridges the gap and brings a better understanding between the government systems of the Medes and the Persians that formed during the empire times. Not only that but, he adds more definition to the major historical conflicts amongst the Black Babylonians [the Chaldeans], the Greeks and the Persians, conflicts so great and long lasting, the affects of it made its way over the vast ocean to the ancient Americas. And that would be why Persian history becomes critical to understand and may help to better understand much more about the many different nations of Native North Americans that are an extension of the Old Mediterranean world nations of the distant past. The history of Cyrus-the-great actually connects history in such an extraordinary way that it becomes personal and offers a better clarification of today’s broad term of ‘Black Indian’. The Persian government though, goes way back in time even before the formation of the Persian Empire [the Medo-Persian empire]. And the Iranian faces we are shown today on television and in news articles only reflect apart of the immense ancient history of the earliest of Persians. The foundation of their government would be in the east but since the earliest time, they branched off and organized many unique and dominant cultures in many different lands. Long ago before they came together to form the Persian Empire, the history of their many facets seems immeasurable and so, it would be a benefit to actually go behind the empire times and bring out some amazing information about them, more importantly, how they connected to black Africa. From a western perspective, this part of the Persian experience with black Africa becomes invisible but according to script it was a dominant factor in its origins. The chord appears to have been broken. So what happened? Because of this apparent and concise break in history about the Persians of yesterday and today, a great avenue in which to reattach to past humanity might be better gained from a personal account. So for this reason I chose to share a personal account about a brief period in my youth and perhaps reveal how it might apply to ancient times.

From the Persian Gulf to the Gulf of Mexico

When I was a young teen living in a military community in Texas I fell in love with a young man. But just as soon as I did, I was abruptly dealt with by my father [my step-father] who altered my plans abruptly one day and I was given no opportunity to pursue my dreams. Now I look back on those days and realize how naive I was back then. But although I have come to terms with the sudden intrusion in my life, however, I will never forget how I felt about that young man. In fact, he reminded me of my step-father, a tall dark skinned black man who was from that same region in the Mississippi delta. But he was even blacker than my father who was actually dark brown. In that part of Texas, if it was in the cards for someone to be really black, if it was in the DNA to get very black skinned, then it was inevitable and this young man did and he was beautiful. He was a kiss from heaven. He seemed to be tall, thin but muscular with large eyes and sharp facial features and in those days in the seventies, young black men had afros. His first name too seems to shoot right back through time and match his very presence, his very origins, and his last name matches ancient times so well that his very image seems to powerfully foretell the future plans of the Creator of this world. Daniel was his name and the origins of it belongs to the earliest black horse culture of men in this world; from the Sudan of North Africa. And the first ’Dan men’ listed in the Book of Genealogy goes to the Dans of Cush Ham. They are like ‘the strong arm’ of Jehovah, God Almighty. And that was his surname. But as I was too young to understand why he began to take notice of me in my first year of high school, my father was not.

I had first heard about him from another young black/African American girl who he approached a year earlier prior to attending high school. When we rode the school bus together, she spoke of him but the next year that summer, he was knocking at my door. And then one day as I was home alone, I stood just outside the back door of my apartment house and, he gave me my first kiss, and I fell for him completely. I was later to find out that the neighbor, a church lady, was made aware of us being together, and when she told my mother, that set the wheels in motion to change my fate that summer. I was fifteen and he was a rising senior in high school. He began writing me ‘love letters’ and then the one that really made me dream was when he wrote that he had plans to join the military and also, he had wanted to marry me. I read it over and over again and told no one initially. But one day as I was babysitting two young girls, I told the older one about the letter. When I told her that I could not let her read it, she wrestled me for it and although she was younger than me, she was much larger and she gave me a struggle. She ripped apart of the letter away from my hand, got up, ran to the bathroom and she shut and locked the door. Obviously, she told her mother who was my mother’s friend and this brought the day of doom. I was made to remain upstairs and when he came and knocked on the front door, I heard my father tell him flatly, that I was too young to date and to leave and never come back. Then I heard the door shut and after that day, I never saw him again. There was nothing said to me at all. It just ended. Even though I have come to realize that I was young and did not know anything about relationships, I felt like my feelings were not even taken into consideration and my parents were so inconsistent. Later on and oftentimes, they did not even regard who I had relationships with. I wondered that if they were not informed by others for some reason or another if they would have even cared. I was a complete latch key kid. I later realized that I had needed to set boundaries for myself and I did so based upon my beginnings with my birth father and his family because they set a strong foundation in me even before I was taken away from them. So years later when I had first met my husband and began dating him, he proposed to me and then he told me that he wanted me to move in with him right away and we would marry later, I told him ‘to hit the road’...and we were married right away. And after meeting his family, especially his father, I was so glad that I set boundaries for myself.

Now when I sometimes go down the hallway and look at my husband while he sleeps, I always say to myself, “Wow what a beautiful man!” What a Blessing from God! On the physical appearance, he defines Perfection. But before he wakes up, I sometimes say to myself, “I’m gonna have to put my spiritual boxing gloves on!”... Because between him and his father sometimes I think “Man! They tryin to break a sista down!”. They are so dominant that I came to realize that if I did not stand my ground on certain issues, they would not only suppress me but they would frustrate their own progeny and this would be counterproductive even for them! I did not know initially that my husband was Native American. More commonly stated today, he would be called ‘a Black Indian’. I thought that all black people were alike and we all basically came off the slave ships. That was my conditioning to the point, I ignored bits and pieces of my own ancestry through the female lineage. When I first saw my husband he at first, looked like ‘a black/African American’, but when I sat down beside him and saw his profile, he began to do a silent laugh because he was aware of my glaring stare. He said he gets that all of the time. After awhile of staring at him, I simply asked him “Okay. What are you?.”

This government has caused so much confusion when they came to this world to divide and conquer. With the stroke of a pen they think they have the right to deny human rights and completely erase history and the very presence of ancient people who inhabited this land long before they came to set up their Colonial Empire and the Slave System. And for this reason, many black/African American people were convinced to deliberately deny and ignore vital aspects of their ancestry to the benefit of this government. Also, in 1925 when Native Americans had to basically give up their inheritance in order to join the military and not be segregated with the blacks in the World War, this was done in order to divide and conquer. Government statistics stated that about 90 percent of Native Americans left the reservations and married white women as a result of this law, the Indian Removal Act of 1925. However because of ‘the law of Statistics’ time also dictates that there will always be a few that refuse to follow the system of white supremacy. So what to do about the brown man that refuses to go with the flow of white supremacy? What to do about the few Native American men who chose to suffer persecution and they either remained on the reservations or married black/African American women and identified with the African Americans? What about the Moses man who deliberately looks around for a Zipporah woman and defies the white mindset of supremacy? This would be the choice made by my father-in-law. There were a few straight-haired North American Native men like him who deliberately bonded with the Black/African American woman for one reason or another but ultimately they defied this government and refused to assimilate. So now the history still remains. What to do about the Brown man’s Black sons!? What about, ‘the Black Indians’, the Black Natives kept alive by the First Nation’s people? Cont.

The Cyrus Cylinder

This clay cylinder is inscribed in Babylonian cuneiform with an account by Cyrus, king of Persia (559-530 BC) of his conquest of Babylon in 539 BC and capture of Nabonidus, the last Babylonian king......http://www.britishmuseum.org/explore/highlights/highlight_objects/me/c/cyrus_cylinder.aspx

...Cyrus II, the Great was the founder and ruler of the vast Persian Empire from 539 B.C. until his death in 530 B.C. Once Cyrus had defeated the Median king, Astyages and took Ecbatana he expanded his kingdom defeating Croesus, king of Lydia in 546 BC, and then conquered Babylon in 539 BC overthrowing Nabonidus, the last king of Babylon. The Persian Empire was formed. Cyrus was a generous ruler allowing various captives to return to their homelands, as recorded on the Cyrus Cylinder. Xenophon, Nabonidus and many others gave Cyrus praise for his generous leadership.

Judea had remained a Persian province for the next two hundred years until the time that the Bible records "the decree of Cyrus" giving permission to the Hebrew captives to go back to Jerusalem to rebuild their Temple.

Cyrus also restored the vessels of the House of the Lord which Nebuchadnezzar II had taken to Babylon, and provided the funds to bring cedar trees from Lebanon.

http://www.bible-history.com/archaeology/persia/cyrus-cylinder.html

"Now in the first year of Cyrus king of Persia, that the word of the LORD by the mouth of Jeremiah might be fulfilled, the LORD stirred up the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia, so that he made a proclamation throughout all his kingdom, and also put it in writing, saying, Thus says Cyrus king of Persia: All the kingdoms of the earth the LORD God of heaven has given me. And He has commanded me to build Him a house at Jerusalem which is in Judah. Who is among you of all His people? May the LORD his God be with him, and let him go up!" - 2 Chronicles 36:22-23

"Who says of Cyrus, 'He is My shepherd, And he shall perform all My pleasure, Saying to Jerusalem, "You shall be built," And to the temple, "Your foundation shall be laid." ' - Isaiah 44:28

"King Cyrus also brought out the articles of the house of the LORD, which Nebuchadnezzar had taken from Jerusalem and put in the temple of his gods; and Cyrus king of Persia brought them out by the hand of Mithredath the treasurer, and counted them out to Sheshbazzar the prince of Judah. This is the number of them: thirty gold platters, one thousand silver platters, twenty-nine knives, thirty gold basins, four hundred and ten silver basins of a similar kind, and one thousand other articles. All the articles of gold and silver were five thousand four hundred. All these Sheshbazzar took with the captives who were brought from Babylon to Jerusalem." - Ezra 1:7-11

The Cyrus Cylinder

This clay cylinder is inscribed in Babylonian cuneiform with an account by Cyrus, king of Persia (559-530 BC) of his conquest of Babylon in 539 BC and capture of Nabonidus, the last Babylonian king......http://www.britishmuseum.org/explore/highlights/highlight_objects/me/c/cyrus_cylinder.aspx

"Now in the first year of Cyrus king of Persia, that the word of the LORD by the mouth of Jeremiah might be fulfilled, the LORD stirred up the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia, so that he made a proclamation throughout all his kingdom, and also put it in writing, saying, Thus says Cyrus king of Persia: All the kingdoms of the earth the LORD God of heaven has given me. And He has commanded me to build Him a house at Jerusalem which is in Judah. Who is among you of all His people? May the LORD his God be with him, and let him go up!" - 2 Chronicles 36:22-23

"Who says of Cyrus, 'He is My shepherd, And he shall perform all My pleasure, Saying to Jerusalem, "You shall be built," And to the temple, "Your foundation shall be laid." ' - Isaiah 44:28

"King Cyrus also brought out the articles of the house of the LORD, which Nebuchadnezzar had taken from Jerusalem and put in the temple of his gods; and Cyrus king of Persia brought them out by the hand of Mithredath the treasurer, and counted them out to Sheshbazzar the prince of Judah. This is the number of them: thirty gold platters, one thousand silver platters, twenty-nine knives, thirty gold basins, four hundred and ten silver basins of a similar kind, and one thousand other articles. All the articles of gold and silver were five thousand four hundred. All these Sheshbazzar took with the captives who were brought from Babylon to Jerusalem." - Ezra 1:7-11

Thanks.

I found the quote about the last king of Babylon to be an awesome confirmation between Biblical and secular accounts!!!

So, the secular quote about 'the last king of Babylon' is named NABONIDUS and the Bible accounts calls the last king of Babylon BELSHAZZAR!!!

fascinating. And also it is so believable because most kings have more than one name and titles. More importantly, this helps me so, to confirm my research on Nebuchadnezzar [rezzar] and his people of whom overthrew the Assyrians and how their names became written as one way by secular authors and then another way by Bible authors. thanks.

DANIEL CHAPTER 5:1,2 & 30.

Belshazzar the king made a
great feast to a thousand of his lords, and drank wine before the thousand.
Belshazzar, whiles he tasted the wine, commanded to bring the golden and silver
vessels which his father Nebuchadnezzar had taken out of the temple which was
in Jerusalem; that the king, and his princes, his wives, and his concubines, might
drink therein.

In that night was Belshazzar the king of the Chaldeans slain.

Thanks.

I found the quote about the last king of Babylon to be an awesome confirmation between Biblical and secular accounts!!!

So, the secular quote about 'the last king of Babylon' is named NABONIDUS and the Bible accounts calls the last king of Babylon BELSHAZZAR!!!

fascinating. And also it is so believable because most kings have more than one name and titles. More importantly, this helps me so, to confirm my research on Nebuchadnezzar [rezzar] and his people of whom overthrew the Assyrians and how their names became written as one way by secular authors and then another way by Bible authors. thanks.

Belshazzar
Belshazzar was co-regent with Nabonidus from the third year of his reign. Nabonidus never abdicated his throne, but for all practical purposes Belshazzar served as king. In the cuneiform documents Belshazzar is consistently called "the son of the king." Texts from the fifth to the thirteenth years of the reign of Nabonidus speak of offerings of silver, gold, and sacrificial animals which Belshazzar made to Babylonian temples.

Belshazzar did not make a strong ruler. He is best known for his impious feast, described in the fifth chapter of the Book of Daniel, which was going on while the Persian armies were approaching Babylon. Belshazzar was in Babylon when it fell to the armies of Cyrus. Although the city fell without a battle, Belshazzar himself was slain.

http://everything2.com/title/Babylon%27s+Last+Kings

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back