Black Relationships : A hypothetical question?(Brothers)

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by cocobutterskyn, Nov 12, 2008.

1. cocobutterskyn

cocobutterskyn Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Spreading Joy.... need some?
    Ratings:
    +220
    Brothers I placed this here instead of the warrior forum, because it deals with relationships. Ladies please feel free to comment.

If your wife, who you are about to divorce has custody of the children, a better job than you, and makes more money, would you file for alimony?

MaddSistahlyLove!
    Coco:heart:

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    yes

of course. she took the best years of my life. i gotta get paid.

3. queentswana

queentswana Well-Known Member MEMBER

day care provider (own business)
    Ratings:
    +161
    James, the best times of your life is when you had no worries, cares or...grey hairs :lol:

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    No....all i ask is my rights to the children ......and shared time to spend with them

5. MysteryDoors

MysteryDoors Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    Good question! I think alimony in divorce depend on the economic advantage and disadvantage.

Alimony in divorce
    Alimony or spousal support is a flexible financial tool for divorcing couples. It offers tax advantages that can help put more cash in the pockets of both spouses.
    http://divorceinfo.com/alimony.htm#WhatRequirements

What is it?
    Alimony is also sometimes called spousal support. It's designed to provide the lower-income spouse with money for living expenses over and above the money provided by child support. Alimony is different from child support. Where child support is a simple mathematical calculation using guidelines published by your state, alimony is very much in the discretion of the judge.

Can I get it?/Will I have to pay it?
    There are several factors a judge considers when deciding whether to grant alimony. These differ from state to state, of course, but they usually involve things like the parties' relative ability to earn money, both now and in the future; their respective age and health; the length of the marriage; the kind of property involved, and the conduct of the parties. In general, about the only time a judge will award alimony in most states is where one spouse has been economically dependent on the other spouse for most of a lengthy marriage.

Why would I want to pay alimony?
    Alimony gets treated differently from child support on your tax return. Alimony is tax deductible to the person who pays it, and included in the taxable income of the person who receives it. Child support, by contrast, is not taxable to the person who receives it and not tax deductible to the person who pays it. That means that when you and your spouse have dramatically different incomes, there may be some tax advantages to using alimony, even if a judge wouldn't ordinarily award it.

6. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    Being that I have learned my greatest lessons from women, YES!!!...and in a heartbeat! This ain't got nothing to do with pride, with being a man or anything else. If the shoe was on the other foot she darn sure wouldn't think twice about it so why should I?

7. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    no i wouldn't is my initial thought...but how the relationship ended and our communication level as far as the children has a lot to do with it...if she was buggin on the children tip and or trying to move them where it would be hard for me to see them then i would get as much as i could get since she was trying to inflict more pain in an already hard situation....
    it's what i keep trying to tell people here on destee...nothing in this world is black and white...

one love
    khasm

8. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    I agree Khasm13 your point well taken , this how i feel about it !

9. Jahari Kavi

Jahari Kavi Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Self Development
    Ratings:
    +523
    i agree.....Under most circumstances I'd say no not at all, but if I found out she was cheating I'd take her to the bank and would wake every morning feeling great about myself.......

10. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    i'm not trying to be funny here,but as a father of three,if she has custody of the children she deserves every penny she makes.