Black Christians : "A House Divided" - Not Lincoln But Jesus

Discussion in 'Christian Study Group' started by cherryblossom, Aug 5, 2010.

1. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    "A House Divided Against Itself Cannot Stand."

Most know this phrase from an 1858 speech given by Abraham Lincoln about the issue of slavery in the U.S., "dividing" itself between "slave" and "free" states.

But, not all know that Lincoln was paraphrasing Jesus. This famous phrase was not an original statement.

Matthew 12:
    [22] Then was brought unto him one possessed with a devil, blind, and dumb: and he healed him, insomuch that the blind and dumb both spake and saw.
    [23] And all the people were amazed, and said, Is not this the son of David?
    [24] But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.
    [25] And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:
    [26] And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?

[27] And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges.
    [28] But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.

2. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,732
    Awesome!

.... "A house divided against itself cannot stand." I believe this government cannot endure permanently half slave and half free.
    http://www.nationalcenter.org/HouseDivided.html

I so believed in the great works of Abraham Lincoln and etc. that is, until I stepped through the doorway of an HBCU class!!! Man! Those Black professors and doctors were brutal, awakening and relentless in opening the eyes of their black Students, so much so, that they would hurt your feelings if you opened your mouth and breathed that earlier 'white man's philosophy' in their classroom concerning the way we were taught from the public schools. I know this personally because I raised my hand and had the nerve to try to correct them on the good white man and-- WHEW! MAN! I gained a whole new perspective after I graduated from college. I guess that's why they started putting in white professors in most HBCU's after awhile to stop that kind of truth...

So this thread just causes me to explode inside because I can see so much deception that came from this system. So much arrogance in the fact that they really believed they could get away with so much to the point in which they might have even gotten caught in their own will to deceive and become deceived. And here is what i see even in this concerning the trick of this very speech:

1858 versus 1776 ........ versus THE NORTH versus THE SOUTH

This north versus south government division goes so far back in time and they knew it. The very pattern even shows that they set up based upon it, in order to maintain their power over blacks. Once they got the guns and the power to get dominion, they knew that it would only be an issue of time and we would become the more wiser, so this NORTH VERSUS SOUTH argument is used as a FRONT, in my opinion, to continue deception in hopes that we would not see the full truth of stealing this phrase from Jesus. There methods are not new or original thoughts. Do we really realize how many ancient foreign systems were set up like this:

North Egypt [Lower Egypt] Herocleopolicy Makers vs South Egypt [Upper Egypt] Priesthood of Thebes/Blacks

North China vs South China
    North Russia vs South Russia
    North Canaan land vs South Canaan land
    North Israel [Ten Tribes] vs South Israel [Jewry]
    North Italy vs South Italy
    Highland Greeks vs Lowland Greeks...

the Mason-Dixon line organization is so old and repetitive and then you have the ancient govs that set up on an east-west basis such as in Europe. It's a pattern, a repetitive pattern that I believe the Americans copied deliberately when they first set up their 13 Colonies. And it's based upon the first ancient division in ancient Egypt, a organization that gave the foreigners from the east a foothold in Ancient Egypt and that caused the indigenous people of Africa to become completely deceived...until they found themselves being severely suppressed in their own lands.

It was a trick then and it is a trick now.

Amen-the-Unifier dealt with it! He unified the North and the South and same motivation then was the same then, supprssion and slavery. Menes helped the Seth people become freed from the north but, it was not a unified north. This is the trick. the north part of Egypt had ancient indigenous black there too,Thebans, that became suppressed as well but, they were divided. They let these foreigners in and became deceived by their HEROCLEOPOLITAN FORM OF GOVERNMENT and this system is the key:

it conflicts with The Theban priesthood system.

So if the policy makers never were allowed to set up then, the Thebans in the north and the ones in the south were okay. They became molested by this foreign government. That was the problem then and now.

CONCLUSION
    So when Abraham Lincoln gave his little deceptive speech, about a house divided not being able to stand, it is really much deeper than that. It goes much farther back from the 1800s to the 1600s when they brought their deceptive form of ANTI-CHRIST RELIGION to the natives!!

Now this is where the House divided issue really rest!

They DIVIDED in 1776!--from the basis of Christianity and set up their ancient herocleopolitan-style system of a two-party government. In other words, they piggy backed on Jesus Christ, used Christianity to set up and then when it was convenient, they DIVIDED. And what this does is causes major problems because the true essence of Christianity still remains--It is still on the books! So if true Christians exist today then, the problem is if they don't confront this deception, how can they be supported by the religion they profess. And if there happens to be a movement against this government for raping the land and its people to set up their government that is where the true essence of A HOUSE DIVIDED SHALL NOT STAND REST...which is why JESUS said it!

Amen-the Unifier knocked that ancient gov. in LOWER EGYPT down and this is the essence behind the North vs the South; ITS THE FORM OF GOVERNMENT followed, in essence, and the issue of slavery is apart of the argument; even in Israel.

the ancient hebrew Israelites had a civil war because Solomon caused the Phoenicians and foreigners to get in by his marriages and soon, it caused suppression and then division. so eventually, the Ten tribes separated and organized their own government, their own capitol and started bonding with the Assyrians and Phoenicians themselves...and the rest is history...

The Separation of Church and State is a division made by this American government caused white people to continue to have domination of which they got over the whole world. but, the potential for conflict is ominous, in my opinion.

I do not expect the Union to be dissolved -- I do not expect the house to fall -- but I do expect it will cease to be divided. It will become all one thing, or all the other.
    http://www.nationalcenter.org/HouseDivided.html

So not true. This goes much farther back to 1776. A house divided into a bicameral system; two chambers, two houses...a house divided.

I appreciate this thread, it is an eye opener for me.

3. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Well, WOW, Sister Chevron! lol I wasn't expecting such a lengthy reply as that! lol WHEW!

And, I didn't intend to get into a "political" thing about Lincoln or the Civil War. I was just concentrating on the teaching of Jesus to the Pharisees and how many people don't know that phrase comes from the Bible.

But, no, Lincoln was certainly no "Moses" for our ancestors; and he sho nuff wasn't no "deliverer."

Lincoln just wanted to end the war, "preserve the union."

He also said:

4. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,732
    :SuN049:

I apologize, for being so long winded.

Yeah. he did it for white supremacy. he saved the union for the sake of his race and did not care at all about us.

And it also brings to mind Chief Black Kettle when he went to see Lincoln and went back to their reservations and raised the flag. He sought protection but, Lincoln proved he could care less...they were slaughtered, scalped; old men, women and children.

This issue makes me so angry too, because I believe this is exactly what Jesus was speaking about in reference to the very ANTI-CHRIST of which Rome did later. They rode on the back of Christianity to preserve their system. It was a house divided and that's why i believe the fight began and was so intense against Roman Catholic Pope dom in the PROTESTANT times.

Martin Luther and all of the Christians fought a great fight to prove that something was wrong with it.

5. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    :toast:

Yep!....They knew that the CATHOLIC CHURCH was wrong. They knew that it was FALSE.

6. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,324
    So sad that many phrases used today are actually quotes from the Holy Scriptures that people don't even realize the origin to, and what's more, have little understanding to what is actually being said.

People have taken the words of the Holy Son to meaning nothing more to them but a saying you use in an appropriate situation. Rather, the words of the Holy Son should always be thought upon as Holy Teaching for life and love, since He came to save our lives by His sacrifice and to speak truth in our ears about the Father on High.

7. candeesweet

candeesweet Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,019
    Sounds great give some examples so I can think of the concept when I hear or say it. Things like that make me smile. Something we as a people say.

8. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,324

Well, for one, people always say things like, "Turn the other cheek" when someone does them wrong, but fail to see where the Holy Son taught us that if a man strikes us on the one cheek turn the other to him also.

I couldn't name all of them save I had the Scriptures at this moment to examine all things people use in society today as "phrases" but are actual teachings of the Faithful Son, but certainly, if one searches in faith to the Son, they'll not miss one thing he teaches for our life and salvation.