Black People : A Higher Standard of Excellence

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by anAfrican, Jul 12, 2006.

1. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    no, it ain't about "doggin the Family", or "complainin at/about the Family".

it's that until we elevate the "Standards of Excellence" by which we live, think, work and play, we are gonna stay in this space where we regularly report on the disgusting things that we "live" through as a People on a daily.

individually/collectively, we DO Know what those Standards are/should be. but it is a difficult, and at times, painful space to get to. and it takes a whole heap more work than most anything that we have ever done.

how about, instead of "well, what are they??!!", some ideas of where/which "standards" could stand to be elevated are tossed around/thought about?

Love, Peace and POWER to the African Family!!

2. anAfrican

United States
    Ratings:
    +745
    oldsoul touched (well, the brother does one heck of a lot more than "touch"! kudos!) on this subject during a "homework" assignment he handed out, sunday before last. i mis-remember quite exactly but something along the lines of "5 ways to [improve/demonstrate(?)] respect for Self/Community". what were some of the responses/thoughts presented during the class when the homework was scheduled to be turned in? (last wednesday)

one thought from me:

written communications are quite important. true; "it ain't our language anyway", but we still must communicate with others. sure, coming in here, to our most wonderous Sanctuary, we can "let our hair down". by the same token, Home is a most wonderous place to practice!

3. anAfrican

United States
    Ratings:
    +745
    Well, I guess one of the things that I could do would be to start using more "appropriate" capitalization. That could be a tough one for me since I've been typing this way since "before the Internet was born". But, I will try!