Black Positive People : A helpful friend

Discussion in 'Black People Doing Positive Things' started by Hildegard von Krone, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Hildegard von Krone

Hildegard von Krone Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +26
    Hello guys, im from Buenos Aires and I thought I could share a story with you about a young, nice black guy who I had the pleasure of meeting during his short stay.

I was doing an internship in a tourism company when I met Reinaldo, a 22 black brazilian from Minas Gerais. He had come to Argentina to study spanish. We became good friends and I even gave him my cellphone number in case he needed any help. I was sort of his only good friend he had in the first weeks of his stay.

Im an avid jogger but I was having problems with my knees. After a doctor appointment it turned out that I had to get a meniscectomy on my left knee :(. Got the date, got operated, everything went fine. I had to stay one day in the hospital. Since there were not any problems I figured I'd spend the night alone so I dont want to bother anyone staying with me.

At aroud 7 pm , Reinaldo shows up in the hospital out of nowhere and tells me he doesnt mind spending the night and sleep on the unconfortable couch next to my bed. I was surprised because I had texted him earlier that I was ok, but I think it was a nice gesture and he was very attentive with me the whole night, and for that Im grateful, no matter how meaningless it might sound to you, I meant a lot to me.

Some people just like helping others I guess. He left about a year ago, but we still keep in touch. He has invited me a few times to go and visit but I havent had the time, which makes me sad because I want to see him. Maybe next year ill be able to finally meet his family. :)

There you have it, my short and silly story :p.

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    Interesting........

3. Hildegard von Krone

Hildegard von Krone Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +26
    Why? :D

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    it's a nice story, thanks for sharing it ... but i find it interesting too ... though i'm not exactly sure why

again, thanks for sharing

:heart:

Destee