Black Relationships : a good man is hard to find

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by DREYAH, May 27, 2003.

1. DREYAH

DREYAH Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Is a good man hard to find? Of course they are! Men today is so caught up in trying to better their ego or trying to earn the title of a “thug”, “player”, or “pimp” that they diminish the whole “Good man” theory. You could once find a good at every corner you turn. Now on every corner you turn you find a man selling drugs, if that is the modern “Good man” of today. I personally wouldn’t want him. Most of the average females of today have the perception that a good man is tall, have a nice smooth and sensual skin complexion, masculine where you would get lost in his arms, athletic, pretty eyes, has everything covered to give you the sexual healing that you need, and a smile that would make you wet your draws in a matter of seconds. The only thing about the about the average female’s perception of a good man is that it is but a mere fantasy.
    You may find a man out there that fits your whole description, but what are the chances that he is a good man? He could look good like a tall glass of Lipton Ice Tea with a lemon twist ion the side of the rim on a hot summer day, but his personality can be as bad as Kool-Aid with no sugar or soda with no fizz. Why would you want to be with someone based upon how they look? Looks aren’t everything. Would you rather be with a good looking man with no job and beats your *** every night? Or would you rather be with an ugly man who has a job and treats you like the queen that you are? THINK ABOUT IT.

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    like ya work do show some love to others as love is given

3. DreamFunk

DreamFunk Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6
    Honestly, I feel like its just the opposite; that good WOMEN are hard to find. I say this because since Jr High, just about every female that I've been REALLY attracted to has been or is taken...

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    Their are good men still out their just that so many fake one's
    in the way and surely the true soulmate of ya heart is near
    allow one to touch.....
    yes they are rare and hard to find but the facts is they are
    out their

5. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    DreamFunk...since junior high school? How recent was that, may I ask?

6. monetg

monetg Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Good PEOPLE are rare but what you put out into the universe--you get back. If you radiate positivity, honesty, etc--that's what you'll attract. If you emit negativity, jealousy, etc-then that's what you get.
    If more people focused on what their faults and flaws are and work on them (Keme) as opposed to worrying about what's wrong with others then maybe they'll attract the type of person they desire AND deserve.

7. DREYAH

DREYAH Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    this was about a month ago when i wrote this due to a conversation me and my homegirl had. I know that there are some good men out there but most of them put on a front when they with their boys so that's why they are hard to find. But we know all females are attracted to the bad boy image

8. redlady

redlady Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    i agree with monetg, good PEOPLE are hard to find...but if you take the time to get to know, see the good in a person, you will find that gem and that diamond. you can't lump all men and all women into a category because people are so inherently different...i love my black men...and i love my sisters too...

9. DreamFunk

DreamFunk Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +6
    ...I graduated HS in '99...

10. Nfant_De_Milieu

Nfant_De_Milieu Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    These days it is difficult to find a good anything. Usually when a person says that it is hard to find a mate usually that person is bitter and have some issues. In my opinion, a lot of women go wrong by looking for a good man instead of letting him find her. Going to the club looking for a man is not the answer. Stop reading those maganizes also. There is no handbook to relationships. I often hear women preaching about look at a man's shoes and u can tell if he has a job. If u look at a man's shoes and if u can see his feet then maybe u should worry. I usually keep 2 pair of my shoes. An old pair and a new pair. Usually if the weather is bad I wear my old pair.

Furthermore, believe it or not but someone is always watching you. Not in the stalking sense but in the friendly way. I usually do my homework on a female before I approach her. Watching how she carries herself, who she hangs around. Just carry yourself in a good manner and a guy will approach you sooner or later. You have to give it time. Stop dating Mr. or Ms.NoGood and then blaming him or her and not yourself for dating the wrong person.