Black Relationships : A 'Good Man'.....~BROTHERS ONLY~

spicybrown

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 21, 2005
:hearts4: Brothers:

In light of the discussions we've held here at Destee's lately, I feel the need to touch bases with you all for a moment. Many Sisters, including myself, often take it upon themselves to define what a 'good man' is (our womanly right). Some men acknowledge themselves as the epitome of goodness in a man. Some even look at other male figures they interact with daily, and base their opinions on that. What I would like to know is; what are the attributes of a 'good man', in your opinion, that would get a woman's stamp of approval? Do you feel you fit that mold, are you striving to? Hopefully, this discussion will help seal the can 'o' worms let loose recently, and, quell some of the tension....whew. Let's discuss! :geek:

The following link is the same question posed to the Sisters, in regards to themselves.
http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41257

A man that not only could admit that he makes mistakes, but thrives to learn and become better through those experiences. A father to the children. A LEADER, meaning HE is the burden bearer, the majority provider, and the go to guy when making decisions. Compassionate to all people yet fearless enough to stand up for what he believes in, and man who is working to become a better listener and communicator. (if not up to par)

since a sista started a brotha's only thread... i'ma jump my black behind up in here.... a good/bad man is all relative to who is doing the judging.. there are a few universal traits however... there are far more differences of opinion then there are uniform ideals... anyhoo... any person can be bad... th vast majority of folk are different to different people... one person may bring out the best in you b/c you like such and such that much... then everyone has dogged someone on some level... so... good/bad... like i said before... is all relative to who is doing the judging...

If you mean a good man concerning the care of my kids then yes no doubt I am a Good man, a Good Daddy .......

Now if you're talking concerning women then it's completely subjective........to myself I say no I'm not a good man in any way shape or form and don't want to be........but some women will say I am...simply because I was honest about who I am and what I want and don't want......however other women don't see it that way simply because of what I want and don't want......i.e. long term relationship with one woman......hell dating 1 woman is way to much for me.......I like to play and enjoy having a lot of playmates.........so as said above it's really subjective and depends on who you ask......

Red

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back