Black Sports : A FIGHT GAME THANSKGIVING

Discussion in 'Black Sports' started by panafrica, Nov 28, 2005.

1. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    http://www.thering-online.com/pages/ringudate.html

2. MississippiRed

MississippiRed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Now that's a list even though I don't like listening to Larry Merchant...Pan did you see on the 10 greatest Heavyweights show with Bert Sugar, Larry Holmes and George Chuvalo on Classic .it was on Friday and Saturday out here.....it was 6 hours and Bert Sugar and Larry Holmes were in rare form...I wasted 2 days watching that man....I had to watch it again after the first time...

Oh as a side note I'm starting to think Ricky Hatton is for real....at least until he comes over here to fight real comp anyway...1 thing is for sure he's not afraid and he's tough

MississippiRed

3. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    Unfortunately I don't have ESPN Classics anymore so I missed it! I'm kicking myself as I type this over that one. About Ricky Hatton though, Carlos Maussa is far from an elite fighter. If he dominates Miguel Cotto, Sharmba Mitchell or even a Chop Chop Corley...then I'll start taking him seriously!

4. MississippiRed

Ratings:
    +34

Bruh you have to get that Classic..I only wish it wasn't part of a package..I don't watch any of the other channels in the package....That's the reason I'm shaky on Hatton....it's hard to tell whether he's as tough or tenacious as he seems...I do know he cuts easily..very easily it seems after this fight which is never a good thing if he gets in with a precision puncher with hand speed a guy like that will stop a fight with a guy that's easily cut more times than not...I personally want him to come over here and fight one of the elite fighters but I don't think that'll happen because at this time there's a lot of dangerous fighters here that could expose him and his weaknesses...I think Hatton's main weakness is that even in these fights he's had against sub par opposition he still takes a beating in the fights I've seen him in he's winning but he still gets pounded as is the case of the Maussa fight with Hatton dominating Maussa as he should have but still suffering cuts over both eyes...he has to take punishment in order to get his work in and you're right if he's in there with a Cotto or Mitchell he'd get his clock cleaned because he has 1 speed and 1 direction and no defense.......

Red

5. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    I definately don't see him beating Floyd Mayweather!

6. MississippiRed

Ratings:
    +34

Would never happen even if Floyd lost an arm.......plus Hatton ain't that full of himself he knows he could never beat Floyd ...if they do though I'm cleaning up with all the white guys that are hungry for another white hype....

Red

7. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    LMAO same here, but :donttell: