OldSoul : A few words for Teachers

Discussion in 'OldSoul' started by AACOOLDRE, Jan 5, 2010.

1. AACOOLDRE

AACOOLDRE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +400
    A FEW WORDS FOR TEACHERS: A friendly Reminder
    By. E.S

( This letter touched my heart and wanted to share it with all teachers. I don’t have permission to publish his name but can make it Universal)

A FEW WORDS FOR TEACHERS

What we would like educators of our children to know.

Let me introduce myself, first of all, I am the parent of that young (wo) man you see over there. I was him thirty-six years ago vis-a vis he is me today. I only say that to let you know that I know him very well; I am aware of his sensitivities, his weakness’s and his strengths. He is more to me than any utterance can describe, now he is in your hands. I have certain expectations that I hope you can live up to, if not, then we need to have a few words.

You see, he left the house with this light in his eyes, this eagerness to absorb all the accumulated knowledge this world has to offer. He is well mannered, articulate, and very curious, he will ask questions that require answers that are well thought and sensible-no childish jibber. He questions existence, he ponders natural phenomenon, and will demand them. I know he’ll be demanding because we have witnessed it since he first began talking; he hasn’t stopped talking or demanding answers ever since. So, as I said, you will have to be on your toes, pushing him when he pushes, far beyond what this school system deems age appropriate. He needs to be taught how to collaborate with his peers, think critically, and use analytical skills to decipher the mysteries of this world. He must not be restrained in any way. Not with stories that exclude him, not with lies that suggest in his little mind that he is anything less than what he is. You have a serious job on your hands!

I know what you’re thinking: That’s a lot for a child his age, but I beg to differ, which leads me to my next area of concern. I’m here to tell you that he needs the bar raised high, not placed where he can easily achieve for the sake of appearance, he is not a statistic, and he is not a number.

I will, we will, his mother and I, will continue to do our part, but between the hours seven-thirty in the mourning and two-thirty in the afternoon, he will be your charge, so be very careful. What you have in your care is the hope and prayers of many thousands gone. He is to be educated to know the truth and nothing less-he loves the truth! When you teach him the fairytales from this nation’s past I’ll be watching, because we (you and I both) know what those little stories are meant to do his mind. He needs your help to start on a path of exposing and dismantling the lies that made this nation what it is, so he can help make it what it can be. Do you understand what I’m asking of you? There are no limits to what he can be, or what he can do, so don’t impose any on him. Make him soar. Help him each far beyond what his young mind knows as possible.

I will be here for whatever you need of me; your assistant-ask of me, I’ll do it, call me, inform me, I’ll listen. I cannot, nay; we cannot afford to loose this child or any other child. The expectations I have for you and your staff is high, but you have to see things from my perspective. I was him thirty-six years ago; I know what did and did not happen during my formative years. I was a sensitive and curious child, ready to learn everything you had to teach me, but this isn’t about me, and it is. I know that a child drops out of school at a rate of two per minute, for African-American and Hispanic children, every other child drops out, that’s appalling, that’s criminal, and something has to be done about it. I guess that’s what I’m trying to say. Listen, you are the educator; please educate that young woman/man over there.

THE END

2. Soda

Soda Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +15
    You know, I really don't like public schools, or school teachers... but if teachers were more like this, I would honestly have less of a problem with public schools. People like to make comments like "children are slackers" and things, but they don't do anything from the beginning to the end but give them the incentive to achieve something that is low leveled. Honestly, I remember getting tickets to theme parks for reading. What is that? If you haven't instilled something in your child to actually want to read for their own personal pleasure without material benefit, you've done something wrong.

...I'm going too far off topic. My point is, if we had teachers that actually cared for the people they were honestly teaching, rather than half doing everything, telling kids to shut up when they have questions, and collecting their paychecks, then complaining to the STUDENTS that they don't make enough for the work they put into them, I would have less of a problem.

But still, just less.

3. AACOOLDRE

AACOOLDRE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +400
    Amen, Amen