Black People : A Few Graphs to create discussions.

From my vantage point, sometimes "we" don't always respectfully disagree. Disagreements among us is to be human and inevitable. But when someone writes something that strikes a nerve and a reader takes it personal, that's when the discussion often gets a bit testy.

Living as long as I have, I've learned a few things that have made me more open-minded. Such as, learning that when people tell me what I should do or how I should think; what I need to do or how I need to think, is judging who I am and not accepting what I think or do. Why do we all need to be the same or think the same way? Some of us will find people that we have things in common with, and others that we don't. What's "right" to me may be "wrong" to you. Does that make us better/worse than the other...or...just different and is being different necessarily a "bad" thing? Thinking about things in terms of "good" and "bad" is subjective and depends on the individual. We base our likes and dislikes on what we think we know about people, oftentimes a comment they make or statement they write. And when we can't find it within ourselves to have a thoughtful and genuine conversation about our differences, some will simply toss thoughts about the person and what they think aside, like trash. Why can't we be different and accepted (not tolerated) at the same time? Some differences run deep and I get that. Some things are very important to us and represent who we are; they simply can't be overlooked or compromised. These become our values. But, if there were only two people left on the planet--you and someone who thought differently than you--how would you get along?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back