Black People : A Few Graphs to create discussions.

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Hermetic, Apr 4, 2018.

1. IFE

IFE going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,406
    I believe Blacks should be careful in believing what the media prints and what we see on the tele.
    Whites have been trying for several years to influence our importance in this Country. To convince Blacks we are less important than we know.
    First it was the Latinos that were a larger population than Blacks. NOT. Now they attempt to downplay our position by comparing Black Africans against American Blacks in this country.
    Don’t believe everything you read.

2. Hermetic

Hermetic Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +449
    You know exactly what I mean. You being genetically Black does not mean you are mentally Black. Your willingness to downplay the accomplishments of our African Brothers and Sisters demonstrates that. Also, you can't claim pure Black genetically either, since you are 21.2% other. Really, the vast majority of us here in the US can't claim pure anything. I and my wife are 15% and 14% other respectively.

3. Hermetic

United States
    Ratings:
    +449
    Are you saying that since they are showing African immigrants doing well in most categories, outside of home ownership, they are trying to make native Blacks look bad? Are you saying we should ignore any good information about our people, if that good information does not cover every Black person? I am trying to understand your reasoning on this, because right now it seems you are incapable of accepting information that shows some of our people can not only succeed but exceed the entire aggregate population of the US.

African immigrants are not only doing better than native Blacks, but also native Whites and all immigrants of every color. Their actions make them look good, not the White man’s. To me, that is something to be proud of, to cheer, and to aspire. To you, I get the impression that it is something to be leery about at best and ignore if possible. Those African immigrants are a perfect representation of your motto, "ALWAYS BE MOVING FORWARD". To take the position that we ignore the data of our immigrant Brothers and Sisters great accomplishments because of some fear that it makes us look bad is a disgrace in my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love It Love It x 1
    • List
  4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +14,885
    i don't downplay africans. i just don't put them above americans. if they all that why they over here ?
    you appear to be running the divide and conquer gambit. pit one group against the other.

BTW : i smile at how you define being black with agreeing with you. :10900:

5. Symbol of America

Symbol of America going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    RET: EMS & TPD
    Ratings:
    +779

Hermetic, as you can see some mindsets will always instill division in our race, that's what they do. It's known as the "crabs in a barrel" mentality, the opposite of it's evil cousin the "pull up the ladder" mentality, these types appear to exist solely to foment discourse. Jealousy, or just plain self hate, only they and GOD knows and GOD doesn't like ugly. That's why they live miserable lonely existences from birth to death and good riddance. They claim to despise White Boss but Lord let a Brother do them wrong and they want him hung twice. Like Sgt. Waters explained to Cobb in "A Soldiers Story". The Black race can't afford confused Negros anymore, time to go.

crabs-in-a-barrel.jpg

Shame.

6. Symbol of America

Symbol of America going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    RET: EMS & TPD
    Ratings:
    +779
    Senegal I hadn't noticed that until you pointed it out. I don't know how long that trend will continue. Personally a great many taxpayers are avoiding any type of tangible property ownership. Unlike the credit damaging car leasing debacle in the early eighties which the average car owner believed the lease tax write off hype, nowadays Americans are much more savvy and start up LLC's and lease everything they legally can. The mortgage disaster prodded that thinking too. America, like many first world progressive nations encourage immigrants to avail themselves of our institutes of higher learning to return to their countries with skill sets to help their economy or remain in America to realize the American dream, their choice. Our future has the same option to attend institutes of higher learning and return with those skills to further our cause as a race or remain where they are and that's their choice. I'm not going to address the 4-square Black/American, African/American, Caribbean/American and Haitian/American "Who's better then who" issue and not because the "Other Man" considers all of us as N*gg*rs but because we ourselves must realize that we are all the same, irregardless of our birthplace or ethnic origin we are still Black. That's our decision and only our decision by our beliefs and love for each and every one of us. Excellent thread, too bad it got derailed.

7414a970dc33f24fbb8c5e04fed87da0--malcolm-x-quotes-best-quotes-ever.jpg

7a6212b0b69f4911f94618395215e7c1--malcolm-x-spiritual-quotes.jpg

african-american-proverb-quote-black-people-must-stop-acting-like.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love It Love It x 1
    • List
  7. IFE

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,406
    FF7D0926-A6FD-48FB-BF76-7AA82D7CE4A2.jpeg
    I believe very little that the media chooses to highlight. Very little.

8. IFE

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,406
    D626B8CD-C3FC-4A1B-8AD4-0A3489650101.jpeg

9. IFE

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,406
    thee divide and conquer gambit. pit one group against the other.

10. Hermetic

United States
    Ratings:
    +449
    How is it divide and conquer if you consider them our people? I consider Africans my people, I consider all people of the African Diaspora my people. I triumph in their accomplishments, and I feel the pain of their failures. Recognizing good things about our people is never dividing and conquering. No, it is when we are unable to accept that some of our own are overcoming the obstacles placed before them that we show that we really are not about what we claim we are about, the advancement of our people. It is a sad state of affairs, because I see constantly that many of our people seem to only accept the success of our Brothers and Sisters if it comes via entertainment, sports, or religion.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love It Love It x 1
    • List