Black Spirituality Religion : A Different Take On the Lord's Prayer

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by river, May 26, 2005.

1. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Our Father Who art in Heaven
    Hallowed be Thy name
    Thy kingdom come
    Thy will be done
    On Earth as it is in Heaven
    Give us this day our daily bread
    And forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors
    And lead us not into temptation
    But deliver us from evil
    For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever
    Amen

That prayer used to trouble me until a different view dawned on me.

I was always left wondering, would God really lead me into temptation if I didn't ask Him not to? Then it occured to me that this isn't a list of requests for God to grant or deny. These are all things that God already does for us whether we ask Him to or not. All I'm doing when I pray this prayer is lining my thoughts up with Who God is and what He does (or doesn't do). This brings me peace of mind and heart as I rest in the assurance of a benevolent Creator. How different from the anxiety and fear that comes from trying to control a reluctant God with willful faith and polished prayers.

2. JoWillie

JoWillie Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    I may be in the minority, but as one who truly believes in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, I am lead to add my thoughts on Matthew 6:9-13. As I understand and believe:

God does not tempt, He allows it. In truth, He uses it for His purposes to test our faith and obedience, not to cause us to fall. For true obedience one must have the opportunity to experience disobedience. God led Israel into the desert to humble and test them. After 40 years, they overcame. Jesus was led into the wilderness by the Spirit to test him so that He could have the opportunity to reaffirm God’s plan for his ministry. There are many recorded instances in the Bible of overcoming and succumbing to temptation by testing. Jesus example in fighting temptation is an example for us to follow when we are tempted--TO NOT GIVE IN!!!

Temptation itself is not a sin. We sin when we give in. However in life, testing will come, and our convictions are only strong if they hold up under pressure.

3. 1poetsought

1poetsought Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Poet
    Ratings:
    +604
    Dear River,

I appreciate your take on The Lord's Prayer, and want to encourage you and others to recite it often; for there is DIVINE power in it.

4. oceolo

oceolo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +15
    Couldnt have said it better myself

5. IssaEl21

IssaEl21 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    The Right OverStandIng Of Matthew 6 ; 9 - 13

Our Father
    The Prophet Jesus The Messiah Called On Yahuwa As '' Our Father '' Not My Father .

Who Art In The Galactical Heavens
    This Is Saying That The Creator Is Not On Earth As The So-Called Christian Teach . He Did Not Come Down As A Spirit Into The Prophet Jesus ( The Messiah ) Therefore He Is Not On Earth .

Holy Is Your Name
    He Said , '' Holy '' Is The Name Of '' OUR FATHER '' . He Did Not Say Holy Was His Name , Jesus . Holy Is The Name Of Yahuwa .

Thy Kingdom Come
    He Did Not Bring Us A Kingdom As The So-Called Christian Teach . The Prophet Jesus The Messiah In His Prayer , They Kingdom Yahuwa Kingdom , The Prophet Jesus The Messiah Had No Kingdom Of His Own.

Thy Will Be Done On Earth As It Is In Heaven .
    The Prophet Jesus The Messiah Did Not Say That He Was Yahuwa '' Son On Earth '' Bringing The Kingdom Of Heaven On Earth . This Is The LIE Taught To Many Searching People . HowEver . This Prayers Says Yahuwa Kingdom Is Destined To Come .

Give Us This Day Our Daily Bread
    For Him To Say This In His Prayer , Meant That He Did Not Have The Power To Provide For Himself Or Others WithOut The Help Of Yahuwa , WithOut The Father He Could Not Do Anything Because He Was Only The Instrument Being Used . The Prophet Jesus The Messiah Would Always Tell Them That He Was Not Greater Then THE ONE That Sent Him .

And ForGive Us Our Debts , As We ForGive Our Debtors .
    This Statement Could Only Be Made By A Mortal , Meaning One Who Has Trespassed On Other People . In The Story When Jesus The Messiah Turned The Tables In The Tabernacle , He Knew It Was Wrong . He Knew It Was The Wrong Method In Dealing With These People . HowEver . His Human Nature OverPowered Him And He Reacted With Anger .

And Lead Us Not Into Temptation
    Here , The Verse Clearly Tell's Us That Jesus The Messiah Was A Regular Man That Could Be Tempted . Satan < The Evil One Curse Him > Knew That Jesus The Messiah Was Not The Creator . The Book Of The Prophet Job Implies How The Devil < The Evil One Curse Him > Addressed Our Creator In Heaven . He Spoke To Him Humbly , As A Servant , Not Like He Spoke To Jesus The Messiah On The Mountain Also . The Devil < The Evil One Curse Him > Would Not Try To Tempt Yahuwa For He Knows That He Owns The East And The West ; The Entire Universe . Jesus The Messiah . Could Not Be The Creator In The Flesh Because Satan < The Evil One Curse Him > Came To Him And Offered Him All His Eyes Could See . Could The Creator Of EveryThing Have Been Tempted By A City ???? Only A Man Could Be Bribed With Such Materialistic Wants .

But Deliver Us From Evil .
    This Also Contradicts The So-Christian Doctrine . If Jesus The Messiah Came To Save Man , Why Would He Have To Be Delivered From Evil ???? He Was Not The Creator Or The Creator's Son , But A Mortal Man That Was Susceptible To The Temptations Of Evil .

For Thine Is The Kingdom , And The Power , And The Glory , Forever .
    This Verse Says That Jesus The Messiah Could Never Get A Kingdom Of His OWN ( Unless Of Course Yahuwa Should Grant It To Him ) . This Destroy That Myth That The Jesus The Messiah Came With A Kingdom , Or That His Kingdom Would Be On Earth , For '' THINE '' Means Yours Not MINE ....

It's Not The Things One Knows That Get One In Trouble , It The Things One Know That Just Isn't So That Gets Him / Her In Trouble / And Say The Facts Beyond Any Doubt Have Come And False Ways Were To Vanish :geek:

6. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    God is everywhere--on Earth and in Heaven

If He cannot be on Earth and in Heaven at the same time then He is finite and could not possibly have created the universe. We are talking aout the Creator not some low level regional manager.

Of all the spiritual systems that and paths we follow which one views God as only capable of being in one place at a time?

7. IssaEl21

Ratings:
    +4
    Did The God Of The Bible Ever Come Down To Earth Himself ??

Genesis 18;21 And I Quote ; I will go down to see whether they have done altogether according to the outcry which has come to me; and if not, I will know."

Why would The Almighty God Have To Come Down To Earth To See SomeThing Physically ? Because The Word Used For See '' In Genesis 18;21 Is < Ra'ah > Aramic , Meaning '' To See . LQQk At , Inspect , Perceive , To Have Vision '' , Which Is The Same Word Used In Genesis 2;19 And I Quote ; So out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the air, and brought them to the man to see what he would call them; and whatever the man called every living creature, that was its name.

For Adam Seeing - A Physical Man , With Physical Eye . Does This Mean He Have Physical Eyes ? Why Does He Have To Come Down Before He Knows SomeThing ? Isn't He The All Knowing ? Shouldn't He Already Know ? And What Place On Earth Could '' God '' . Who Christian Say Created The Whole World And Has It In His Hand . Be Coming From ?

Then In Number 11;16-17 And I Quote ; And the LORD said to Moses, "Gather for me seventy men of the elders of Israel, whom you know to be the elders of the people and officers over them; and bring them to the tent of meeting, and let them take their stand there with you. 17 And I will come down and talk with you there; and I will take some of the spirit which is upon you and put it upon them; and they shall bear the burden of the people with you, that you may not bear it yourself alone.

The God Of The Bible Tells Mose To Gather Seventy Elders Of Israel Together And To Bring Them To The Tabernacle Of The Congregation With Him So That They Can Be With Him And He . The God Of The Bible Would Come Down And Talk With Them . < Number 11 ;16-17 >

Why couldn't The God Of The Bible Just Make His Voice Heard , The Way Christian Claim His Voice Came Out Of A Burning Bush In Exodus 3;2-4 And I Quote ; And the angel of the LORD appeared to him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush; and he looked, and lo, the bush was burning, yet it was not consumed. 3 And Moses said, "I will turn aside and see this great sight, why the bush is not burnt." 4 When the LORD saw that he turned aside to see, God called to him out of the bush, "Moses, Moses!" And he said, "Here am I."

Why Would God Have To Come Down To Earth To Talk To Man ??? Why Couldn't He Just Put A Thought Into His Head ??????????

Is The God Of The Bible OMNIPRESENT ; Meaning EVERYWHERE AT THE SAME TIME ? You Will Have Some People Say Yes . HowEver , According To John 14;2 And I Quote ; In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?
    The God Of The Bible Has A House With Mansions In It .

The Greek Word Used For '' House '' Is '' Oikia '' Meaning '' Residence , But Usually An , Home , Household , '' The Greek Word Used For '' Masions '' Is Mone Meaning '' A Staying , Residence , Abode , Mansion '' . So If God Of The Bible Has A House , Or A Residence Then He Can't Be EveryWhere At The Same Time

If The God Of The Bible Is In Heaven According To Matthew 5;45 And I Quote ; so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. Also Matt 6;9 And I Quote ; Pray then like this: Our Father who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Also Mark 11;25 And I Quote ; And whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against any one; so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses." Also Luke 11;2 And I Quote ; And he said to them, "When you pray, say: "Father, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come.

And Heaven Is Inside Some Place , Then The God Of The Bible Is Within SomeThing That Is Inside SomeThing Making The God Of The Bible Quite Small , And Definitely Not OMNIPRESENT OR AS THE MUSLIMS Would Say '' Allahu Akbar '' Meaning Greater Than All Or Bigger Then All How Do You Explain This ????????????????

It's Not The Things One Knows That Get One In Trouble , It The Things One Know That Just Isn't So That Gets Him / Her In Trouble / And Say The Facts Beyond Any Doubt Have Come And False Ways Were To Vanish :geek:

8. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    What does it mean to be omnipresent? What is the precise essence of God?

I will not defend the Bible but let's see if we can understand a posibility.

Look at the sun. No don't do that--you will go blind but capture the sun in your mind's eye.

It is in one place and yet its presence is everywhere. It radiates to all points from a center (sphere).The Apostle Paul tells us that the invisible things of God are clearly seen by the things which were created (Romans 1:20)

If we look at the Bible from a literal fundamentalist interpretation it's problematic at best. Only when seen in esoterum can we make any sense of it or begin to see the invisible things or God through creation.

Hotepu

9. IssaEl21

Ratings:
    +4
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

A Play On Words Wont Get It OverStand , Paul The Self Appointed Apostle Is The Anti-Christ Of The Bible Roman 7;14-24 And I Quote ; We know that the law is spiritual; but I am carnal, sold under sin. 15 I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate. 16 Now if I do what I do not want, I agree that the law is good. 17 So then it is no longer I that do it, but sin which dwells within me. 18 For I know that nothing good dwells within me, that is, in my flesh. I can will what is right, but I cannot do it. 19 For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I do. 20 Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I that do it, but sin which dwells within me. 21 So I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand. 22 For I delight in the law of God, in my inmost self, 23 but I see in my members another law at war with the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin which dwells in my members. 24 Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?

Paul Wrote 14 Letters / Letters Aren't Not Scriptures So WhatEver He Write Doesn't Mean AnyThing . Sorry No Gold Ring .

It's Not The Things One Knows That Get One In Trouble , It The Things One Know That Just Isn't So That Gets Him / Her In Trouble / And Say The Facts Beyond Any Doubt Have Come And False Ways Were To Vanish :donttell:

10. oceolo

oceolo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +15
    You misunderstand the scriptures. What Paul is saying is that all of humanity is evil because it is human nature to do evil this is what he means when he says "but I am carnal sold under sin," but we are supposed to try to come as close to Christ's example as we can ,but because we are human we can never be as good as Christ. when he says he " I do not do what I want but I do the very thing I hate" he mean by nature humanity wants to do evil but Christ wants us to do what is good so we try our best to do good.