Black Spirituality Religion : A Crucial Question??

I've heard at lest one studier put forth the thought that in his time Jesus was and expounded (preached) something closer to Gnosticism than to Judaism or to the Christian faith that was formed well after his death.
True..
My information is that Jesus was a Nazarene.
A sect that was a blend of the Therapeutae and the Essenes.
Both the Therapeutae and the Essene heavily influence Gnosticism and vice versa.

Last edited:
True..
My information is that Jesus was a Nazarene.
A sect that was a blend of the Therapeutae and the Essenes.
Both the Therapeutae and the Essene heavily influence Gnosticism and vice versa.
I think the man was making the claim the Gnostic sects predated both Judaism and Christians by quite a bit based on some readings that have survived from the much earlier Hermetic text.

I think the man was making the claim the Gnostic sects predated both Judaism and Christians by quite a bit based on some readings that have survived from the much earlier Hermetic text.
Gnosticism Like Buddhism is not a Religion but a Mental and Spiritual Science....Yoga
Gnosticism is a Knowledge based system of ideas based on personal experience of Spiritual phenomenon....Spiritual Science or Technology and Techniques.

The Term Gnosticism is a Greek Name Given to this body of Knowledge....So Yes the knowledge predates Judaism (but not the name) and Christianity going all the way back to the Founding of Egypt, Sumer and the Indus valley Civilizations - Thoth/Hermes Trismegistus.

In Hellenistic Egypt it grew and became popular among the general populace as the Greek Mystery System/Schools of Esoteric/Sacred knowledge, where in sense for the first time it became available to the general public....The Leaders or Teachers or Guardians of this then Secret Knowledge became known as Gnostics people or individuals with Gnosis/Knowledge.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back