Black Money Business Jobs : A Couple Of Questions For The Esteemed Family Here...

Discussion in 'Black Money Business Jobs' started by Lokman, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Lokman

Lokman Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +128
    Imagine... If You Were Selected To Head An Economic Unit To Turnaround 1 Black Enclave (Here In The U.S.) Of 500K People or Less... To What State & City Would You Go?... And In This Economy: Would You Rather Have a Job or Own A Business?

Your Feedback Is Greatly Appreciated, Every Blessing...

Lokman

2. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,587

New Orleans. Business. Focusing on construction and housing development.

3. Lokman

United States
    Ratings:
    +128
    Greetings Bro O

Excellent Choice! And Thank You For Kicking This Session Off! Do You know... That After Posing This Question Several Dozen Times Today... You Are The First Person To Suggest New Orleans? When in Truth... It is Such A Logical Choice. New Orleans Could Easily Serve As An African Power Center, Stronghold & Haven For Global Trade & Commerce Here & Abroad. Not To Mention, It is A Prime Candidate For Turnaround Work...

Aside... Didn't Figure You For Construction & Housing Development In Lieu Of Your Time As An Educator... (Smile) Appreciate Your Contribution.

Trust All Peace & Blessings Find You Doing Well, Until...

Lokman

4. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,587
    7 years ago when I retired from the public school system my plan was to buy a few homes through foreclosure sale along the stretch from Port Arthur to Pascagoula then the hurricanes started coming that July when I was on the road to Texas. I ended up in Dallas instead and I have not been able to get on track since.

My family on both sides made a grip in real estate so its in my bloodline so maybe in my next life.

I picked NOLA because its where my ancestors are from (my Mom's father's side) so for me it is what I had planned to do before Katrina hit. NOLA is ripe for re-development and there is a need for Black families remaining to be able to secure affordable housing as many have not recovered and been forced out of the market. However, it is potentially lucrative and has enormous potential for energy efficient housing development and that is why Harry Connick, Brad Pitt and others have been working with groups such as Habitat for Humanity. Green technology should take off there.

5. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043

Peace Lokman..

First things that popped in my head:

1. Selected to head by who?
    2. Government or Private institution?
    3. And for what purpose?
    4. What's the timeline?
    5. What metrics will be used to judge success or failure?

But to save a feedback cycle, I'm going to suppose:
    1 & 2. I was selected by a private institution funded by the 300 largest black churches in the United States & 2.6 million individual donors.

3. as part of a covert global initiative to establish a new-fangled post-State economic power-base for the distributed masses of the Diaspora.
    4. the overall timeline is 25 years.
    5. the metrics for success/failure are clearly established and visible through a schedule of benchmarks that must be met every 24 months.

ok.. 

Where would I choose? Someplace where they haven't given up yet. Not sure where that is.. Oakland, DC?.. but the drug thing may be too well established in those cities.. I would probably choose some smaller less known city with the hopes of attracting motivated black people to move there.

anyway..

I would start with a round of massive land purchases... executed simultaneously through various
    proxies.. The land purchases would include Large tracts of Farmland & any land with it's own water source..

For example: 22,000 acres in colorado for $23 Million.. or.. as I like to see it.. $1 each for 23 Million households. and this 44,000 acre parcel in Montana for 21 Million. ​

And also smaller land purchases like a 1000 acre ranch in Texas.. for a mere $2.5 million.. (or, as I like think of it: 1 month's cable bill for 18,248 households.. or 25 cents each for 10 million households.) I would also buy-up empty manufacturing space in Industrial parks.. (think Detroit). The development of the land resources would employ thousands and thousands of workers.

And even though these land purchases are all over the country.. and some even outside of the country
    they are all in support of the objective of development in some specific enclave. The goal at every phase of the development plan is to employ and educate as many of our own people as possible.

ok.. I'm back..

to the last question: a Job or own business in this economy? I'd rather have my own business.. make it do what it do.. control is a beautiful thing.. but so is the magical way money shows up your account every pay period when you work for someone else. It's like, "wow!. all I gotta do is this?!.. and money shows up in my account?!"... running your own business is grind.. and it doesnt matter if you wear a suit or an apron.. it's still a grind.. so, it's nice to just show up at time A, go home at time B for C amount of days and then get paid.. but.. I still prefer being in control.. making my own way.. I think it has to do with how I was raised..

whew.. I haven't meandered around in a post like this in quite a while.. hope I answered the question somewhere in there..

-Peace.

6. Lokman

United States
    Ratings:
    +128
    Bro O, May every blessing take you captive and your dreams be realized in this life as well.

Peace skuderjaymes

Glad you stopped by. One of the reasons I used the word imagine... is so that everyone would dare to lay a visionary foundation, frame & flow of their own choosing, and spend their intellectual currency freely and without prejudice. And by the way... look at the gem you gave us—you positively over delivered! My friend.

Aside. Lokman wants to share a small vignette with you and the family here about a beautiful enclave of people that goes to the heart of my questions. You see...

Enterprise is thriving here. However, no one knows that this small town of 4,000 thought poor, but ambitious people, are engineering among the greatest business coups of all-time. What's happening here is history in the making—with no media coverage—whatsoever! That said,

By day, these industrious entrepreneurs operate above the radar. By night, beneath it. Flourishing as they go, this small enclave now boasts of twenty-five grocery stores, five hotels, seven restaurants, three drug stores, four department stores, one ice plant, a bottling works factory, an electric plant, a telephone company, lumberyard, and a bank. But rest assured, there is more to their phenomenal story.

You see, they have two secrets. Imagine two secrets so powerful that no one will speak of them. Because the moment you do—they vanish! But Enough About That For Now, Lokman. Because Here's Some Real Dope...

Do we as a people dare to make a decision? Do we dare decide to be bold imaginative thinkers who after diligent study, ceaseless preparation, and endless application of time-tested principals: are titan tough, mentally indefatigable, and psychologically unbeatable?

Because then, we too, will discover the secrets of how a small enclave of 4,000 Africans in America (as described above) went from woe to wow in 2012? No Sir. Try 1911. Among the greatest business coups of all-time.

Peace & Blessings to You All...

Lokman