Black Spirituality Religion : A Christian who doesn't like other Christians

MsInterpret

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 21, 2007
I stopped going to church about a year ago. I mean really stopped. I was raised in the church, but I have seen each church that I've attended, split. And one reason was because they had a new pastor and some members wanted music in the church and others didn't
The next church the pastor was told to step down because he lying on his taxes and taking the church money for personal purposes.
The church that I was last at the members in the church thought that preacher was being too demanding and too aggressive in his preachings.

My mom and I got into an argument cause she started naming all the members that left the church to follow the preacher some where else.

And I said, "They can do that."

She said, "But they are following a man. You aren't supposed to follow a man."

Who is to say that these people are following this preacher because he is a man, I say it's because they like how he preaches and yet they still believe in the word.

I mean come on!

And I'm so sick of how some "Christians" act. I'm no holy person or self-righteous person by any means. But don't front about my issues and act as if they don't exist. And these Christians can't even get their church issues situated. Splitting up the church up like a divorce...

I respect the Bible...But other Christians...barely...

There's too many denominations, there's too many different views and interpretations of the Bible which has caused the division between thousands of other "Christian" churches.

I mean really? Is this what God's purpose is?

I have not turned my back on God...I have turned my back on the church and it's people.

Indecisive group of people.

I have not turned my back on God...I have turned my back on the church and it's people.

Yes, we all fall short and even the shepherd of a flock looses their way, and it is quite sad to see. You may try to seek God first by reading the Word, praying and asking Him for guidance...Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

I totally understand everything that you are saying in your post. Maybe this is the beginning of a period of enlightenment for you. It is a good thing that you see the hypocrisy, and you recognize your own faults, I believe that those are the two biggest things that a Christian can do. Now it is between you and God and He will guide you to where you should be, a place that you can go and congregate with others and receive the truth. Godspeed sista.

I stopped going to church about a year ago. I mean really stopped. I was raised in the church, but I have seen each church that I've attended, split. And one reason was because they had a new pastor and some members wanted music in the church and others didn't
The next church the pastor was told to step down because he lying on his taxes and taking the church money for personal purposes.
The church that I was last at the members in the church thought that preacher was being too demanding and too aggressive in his preachings.

My mom and I got into an argument cause she started naming all the members that left the church to follow the preacher some where else.

And I said, "They can do that."

She said, "But they are following a man. You aren't supposed to follow a man."

Who is to say that these people are following this preacher because he is a man, I say it's because they like how he preaches and yet they still believe in the word.

I mean come on!

And I'm so sick of how some "Christians" act. I'm no holy person or self-righteous person by any means. But don't front about my issues and act as if they don't exist. And these Christians can't even get their church issues situated. Splitting up the church up like a divorce...

I respect the Bible...But other Christians...barely...

There's too many denominations, there's too many different views and interpretations of the Bible which has caused the division between thousands of other "Christian" churches.

I mean really? Is this what God's purpose is?

Indecisive group of people.

Love your honesty.

I believe that Jesus is coming to take the Church anyway, and it has been used and exploited. but I hope that you can also see that, according to the Bible and in my opinion, back when the Church was consummated, the Book of Revelations, revealed that out of at least 6 of the 7 Churches, they had problems from the get go. the Holy Spirit addressed the issues that each of the Churches had and needed to deal with. And to me that means that part of the Church functioning properly is dealing with our human problems. There is perfection in continuing to deal with issues, human issues, under the body of Christ...until he comes to judge actions completely.

So even though the Church people can be so frustrating, all of these issues will be worked out anyway, by Jesus Christ eventually.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back